Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs vs. Chargers, Week 3

I don't have time to type much, but we got a noon home game against arguably our biggest competition in the division and it's going to be the first game I take my oldest niece to, so that's exciting.

It's going to be a blood bath

I was confident that we would be the Ravens. I am worried about our defense stopping people.

[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!

(09-22-2021, 04:27 PM)mabbott Wrote:  I was confident that we would be the Ravens.  I am worried about our defense stopping people.

We had the Ravens beat. We were moving the ball at will. We had a double digit lead going into the 4th quarter.

I don't know why this seems to be such an unpopular opinion, but I didn't come away from that game thinking we weren't the superior team or that we wouldn't win that game more often than not.

I know we've been spoiled lately, but it's okay to lose a close game to a good team on the road so long as it isn't in the playoffs when it really matters.

(09-22-2021, 04:57 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(09-22-2021, 04:27 PM)mabbott Wrote:  I was confident that we would be the Ravens.  I am worried about our defense stopping people.

We had the Ravens beat. We were moving the ball at will. We had a double digit lead going into the 4th quarter.

I don't know why this seems to be such an unpopular opinion, but I didn't come away from that game thinking we weren't the superior team or that we wouldn't win that game more often than not.

I know we've been spoiled lately, but it's okay to lose a close game to a good team on the road so long as it isn't in the playoffs when it really matters.
Watching it in person made it hurt more.  I knew what Reid was going to do and knew he wouldn't just put a goal line in and run forward.  Their line had been penetrating the middle and I wanted them to just sit on the ball, kneel downs and kick a field goal.  That was our game, Mahomes made a dumb decision that cost us field position and gave him an INT.  I just hope our defense makes it to where our offense doesn't have to score so much to win.

I kinda wished the ravens had made their 2 point conversion be abuse I wanted Reid to keep calling passing plays to get down the field. If the only chance for a win was a td he would have kept going for the end zone. Whereas since we only needed a fg he got conservative when we got in butkers range. Mahomes was tearing up the ravens secondary.

But that's enough of ravens talk. The Chargers are definitely less run oriented than either of our first two opponents. And while ekeler is talented and dangerous, he hasn't been utilized as a receiver as much so far this year. I think we win by double digits. And it will feel worse than that for chargers fans.

This week's Gridiron Heights is pretty solid and Chiefs-centric.

This team isn't very good yet. Mostly the defense. But there's some problems on offense too.

This game was hard to watch. Turnovers were killing us and our Defense leaves much to be desired. It is early in the season and I am not worried yet. It just sucks to have to see all the Raider hype. They needed OT to beat the Dolphins with a back up QB.

Honestly our defense only gave up 14 points after the Bolts got 3 consecutive turnovers and started the first half with the ball. And it took multiple successful risky moves (going for it on 4th 2 point conversion, etc.) to force that.

It could be a lot worse even if it could be a lot better.