Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs vs. Browns - 2021 Week 1, Home Opener Afternoon Delight

(09-12-2021, 03:05 PM)Pacecar Wrote:  Well, it's FINALLY time! Let's go Chiefs!

The Landlord is out, along with Frank Clark. OBJ is out for the Browns. The Browns are a good team, but they won't be good enough today!
Chiefs 33 Browns 27

Wow, that was a close prediction!

(09-12-2021, 07:22 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  About what I expected. Close game and the Browns folding late. Didn't expect to be outplayed so thoroughly in the first half but hopefully tyrann being out was the biggest issue on defense. Jones looked good on the edge.

The offensive line looked better than the super bowl line but they definitely have to jell. Brown got beat quite a bit but he was also going against a great player.

It's easy to forget that the Browns had to convert 4th downs on two separate drives to build their lead. If they don't convert one, the other, or both this game likely gets flipped much sooner.

I always hear that "you can't settle for field goals" if you want to beat good teams, and there's an element of truth to it. However, you can't leave points off the board is the more accurate phrase if you ask me. Those 4th downs were the right move only because they worked. I can remember tons of times where the Ravens in particular screwed up trying to convert 4ths early in the game instead of taking the points.

Going for the FG early, not panicking, that also worked for us. It allowed us to stay within striking distance by earning some points so our defense could finally get a couple stops and change the complexion of the game.

I'm not worried about Brown vs. Garrett. Brown is in a new offensive system with new teammates who are all, to a man, new as well whereas Garrett is familiar with Brown and his own defensive system. I think this matchup will be more in our favor later than it is now. Plus, being honest Garrett is a top 5 DE. A few struggles are to be expected.

Its still crazy to me as a chiefs fan to watch the national media after a win and the talk is about how close the other team came to winning or who will be the team in the afc to finally knock off the chiefs.

Not as a disrespect thing but as a "we know the chiefs are this good and we have to find new things to talk about" thing.

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

(09-13-2021, 10:40 AM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  Its still crazy to me as a chiefs fan to watch the national media after a win and the talk is about how close the other team came to winning or who will be the team in the afc to finally knock off the chiefs.

Not as a disrespect thing but as a "we know the chiefs are this good and we have to find new things to talk about" thing.

Yeah, a surprisingly large number of pundits are still picking the Chiefs to make (and in most cases, win) a third straight Super Bowl.  I mean, I am too, but it's a nice change of pace.

My takeaway from this game is that Bolton is going to be really good! I am not impressed with Ward's ability to disrupt short passes. Our secondary seems like it needs a better pass rush to hide their weaknesses but I don't feel that we have a weak secondary (just not sold on Ward).

I agree with AKB regarding Brown. He gave up a lot of pressures versus an Elite edge rusher.... Taylor Lewan the Titans LT gave up FIVE sacks!

[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!

(09-13-2021, 12:27 PM)mabbott Wrote:  My takeaway from this game is that Bolton is going to be really good!  I am not impressed with Ward's ability to disrupt short passes.  Our secondary seems like it needs a better pass rush to hide their weaknesses but I don't feel that we have a weak secondary (just not sold on Ward).

I agree with AKB regarding Brown.  He gave up a lot of pressures versus an Elite edge rusher....  Taylor Lewan the Titans LT gave up FIVE sacks!

I watched a highlight of all five of those sacks back to back on twitter.  Brutal.