Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs 2021 Training Camp Thread

(08-11-2021, 06:24 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  So, Laurent Duvernay-Tardif is out 4-6 weeks with a broken bone in his hand.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2021/8/10...ne-in-hand

Trey Smith's development is now more important than ever. It seemed to be his RG spot from moment one, but now we just gotta hope LDTMD and Kyle Long are healthy enough to be effective backups if necessary.

We have other OL injuries too, namely Remmers ATM. We could be forced to start 3 rookies on the line, though 2 looked likely to win their spots anyway. I'm fine with this, so long as we have depth back later when we need it or can snag Mitchell Schwartz off his couch.
This is how I feel as well.  I am so happy we added starter quality depth to our O line... it will allow us to have injuries and not be a detriment to the team

[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!

So what's crazy to think. With the news coming out about smith and the o line looking good, is this the best team we have had during the mahomes era? Things don't look good for Clark but i can't think of any major loses this offseason.

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

From the little I've read from camp, looks like jones is going to mostly be a de with some snaps inside. So basically opposite of what I was figuring would happen. Sounds like he's causing havoc on the o-line anyway. Guess we found our new de.

(08-13-2021, 11:18 AM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  So what's crazy to think. With the news coming out about smith and the o line looking good, is this the best team we have had during the mahomes era? Things don't look good for Clark but i can't think of any major loses this offseason.
It sucks that his hearing has been delayed until October.  But, depending upon who he gets as a Judge, will greatly depend on what happens.  Have to love California.

Can't wait! I know Big Red likes to go really vanilla in the preseason, but I am looking forward to seeing this O-line and how they look. I am also STOKED to see Trey Smith put a D lineman on his ass tonight! Let's go Chiefs!!!!!!!!

Born and bred Kansas City Chiefs Red
When I'm old, I'll be Kansas City Chiefs Gold
When I'm dead and gone, I'll be buried face down, so the Raiders and Broncos can still kiss my ass!

I couldn't watch this game live, but I was following and have watched highlights.

The highlights everywhere I saw, including the Chiefs official YouTube, used the San Fran announcers. I hate their guy's voice. He used to be the Raiders play-by-play guy. He's okay most of the time, but anytime he gets excited it's nails on a chalkboard to me. Most of the highlights didn't include the game winning drive either except the run in.

Seems like most of the guys performed pretty well. I know SF was down a few OL, but our DL looked dominant. 4 first half sacks is nice!

Our OL looked dominant as well. I've already seen a couple articles talking about whether the Chiefs want to try to trade away OL depth. Unless we get far more than it's worth, I'm a hell no. We finally got some depth after desperately needing it last year and the first thing we want to do is get rid of it? I don't think so. Not unless we already have some plans in place or feel really good about our own injured OL returning.

Other than that, not too crazy. Very milquetoast game.

Is Frank Clark going to be suspended or anything?

(08-23-2021, 07:30 AM)DallasChief Wrote:  Is Frank Clark going to be suspended or anything?

Probably. His hearing isn't until October or November, IIRC. The way courts have been operating lately I could easily see him delaying prosecution until after the season.

I don't know what to expect his punishment from the league will be, though.

Chiefs just had a couple mild surprise cuts to get down to 80, I'm assuming to give these guys a chance to land elsewhere.

DE Taco Charlton
S Will Parks

They released some other guys, but these are guys that I could have seen making the roster. It wouldn't have surprised me that much if Taco started. For the other, Broncos fans used to love Parks. This speaks volumes for how the team feels about the safety and DL depth at the moment that these guys weren't going to make the roster. Interesting to see who does make it instead.

(08-23-2021, 11:35 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  Chiefs just had a couple mild surprise cuts to get down to 80, I'm assuming to give these guys a chance to land elsewhere.

DE Taco Charlton
S Will Parks

They released some other guys, but these are guys that I could have seen making the roster. It wouldn't have surprised me that much if Taco started. For the other, Broncos fans used to love Parks. This speaks volumes for how the team feels about the safety and DL depth at the moment that these guys weren't going to make the roster. Interesting to see who does make it instead.
Cutting Taco is a good move to give him a chance to be picked up elsewhere.  The younger guys are outplaying him and at this point in his career he has to be better than the young guys.  It seems like we have a good amount of depth at safety with Thornhill playing better and looking like pre-injury Thornhill.