Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2021 Fantasy Football Thread

Won one championship already, both teams entirely finished with a convincing 34 point win in the Dynasty / Keeper league.

[Image: YS6B5iZ.png]

Likely will end the week with the highest score in the league. This is only the 2nd year of the league, sort of a re-imaging of a 12 team redraft league that fell apart, but the guy I beat lost the championship game last year also. As you can see he already changed his team name to the '92 Buffalo Bills, so mad respect for that.

Note, I didn't check this thread this morning so I didn't see your advice to start Tua, NOLA. It was a convincing argument, glad I didn't see it, not that it would have mattered.

The Money League I have a 26.7 point lead and ESPN projects me at 92% to win and a projected win of almost 40.

[Image: W1tMaL4.png]

As you can see has 2 players left, QB Aaron Rodgers and K Chris Boswell. I have WR Devante Adams, K Mason Crosby, and RB Nick Chubb. I feel like with Adams and Crosby I have some built in protection even if Rodgers goes off, but I'm not celebrating yet with Rodgers still to go.

This league features a championship belt. The winner the first two years posted "Christmas Card" images of him wearing the belt and likely nothing else (he claims tightie whities). The current belt holder has threatened to do the same. Both are very large, out of shape men. So, how does one sanitize leather? I was thinking Clorox wipes, then a lightly damp cloth, dry it off, and lastly a micro-fiber and a little elbow grease.

(01-02-2022, 08:24 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  Won one championship already, both teams entirely finished with a convincing 34 point win in the Dynasty / Keeper league.

Likely will end the week with the highest score in the league. This is only the 2nd year of the league, sort of a re-imaging of a 12 team redraft league that fell apart, but the guy I beat lost the championship game last year also. As you can see he already changed his team name to the '92 Buffalo Bills, so mad respect for that.

Note, I didn't check this thread this morning so I didn't see your advice to start Tua, NOLA. It was a convincing argument, glad I didn't see it, not that it would have mattered.

The Money League I have a 26.7 point lead and ESPN projects me at 92% to win and a projected win of almost 40.

As you can see has 2 players left, QB Aaron Rodgers and K Chris Boswell. I have WR Devante Adams, K Mason Crosby, and RB Nick Chubb. I feel like with Adams and Crosby I have some built in protection even if Rodgers goes off, but I'm not celebrating yet with Rodgers still to go.

This league features a championship belt. The winner the first two years posted "Christmas Card" images of him wearing the belt and likely nothing else (he claims tightie whities). The current belt holder has threatened to do the same. Both are very large, out of shape men. So, how does one sanitize leather? I was thinking Clorox wipes, then a lightly damp cloth, dry it off, and lastly a micro-fiber and a little elbow grease.

We have a belt as well. And I wanted to do something similar. 

Sadly my team shit the bed today. Like the chiefs did on 3rd and 27.

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

(01-02-2022, 08:36 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  
(01-02-2022, 08:24 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  Won one championship already, both teams entirely finished with a convincing 34 point win in the Dynasty / Keeper league.

We have a belt as well. And I wanted to do something similar. 

Sadly my team shit the bed today. Like the chiefs did on 3rd and 27.

Ouch. I've been there.

These are only the 2nd and 3rd fantasy championships I've won in about 13 years of playing in one or two leagues a year and first since 2017. Most of the time I've been 2nd or 3rd place with only 2 finishes outside the top 4 (both 7th place finishes in 10 team leagues, effectively "winning" the loser's bracket). I'm usually the Buffalo Bills '92 guy. I've almost always been the bridesmaid, close to getting what I want just enough to tease me or win my money back. So, while I've got a ton of empathy for you...

SUCK IT, FANTASY WORLD! DOUBLE LEAGUE CHAMP! #Legit #2for2

Holy shit. After being dead in the water. I only had najee Harris left and he had dionte Johnson and Kareem hunt.

Hunt didn't play. And I ended up winning on that last minute td run.

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

(01-03-2022, 11:58 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  Holy shit. After being dead in the water. I only had najee Harris left and he had dionte Johnson and Kareem hunt.

Hunt didn't play. And I ended up winning on that last minute td run.

Wow! Fan-fucking-tastic! Your team may have shit the bed, but their team shit the bed even harder.

I'm glad I wasn't counting on Chubb to win me that game, I'd have been an emotional wreck if I needed 10 points, he was projected to get 15, and ended up with 5.8 in our scoring system.

Won my redraft league 152.60-152.05 on the backs of Rashaad Penny, Jaret Patterson, and Eli Mitchell, none of whom I drafted.  So I'm that guy in redraft.

My dynasty win was far more decisive.  I was playing a dude who had Cousins, Cook, and AB.  Cousins got COVID, so he played Russell Wilson--who tried to blow me up--but the lack of Cousins killed Cook's day.  And then AB curiously had a quiet stat line.  I wonder what happened there? 

In any event--I win!

(01-04-2022, 11:21 AM)NOLA Wrote:  Won my redraft league 152.60-152.05 on the backs of Rashaad Penny, Jaret Patterson, and Eli Mitchell, none of whom I drafted.  So I'm that guy in redraft.

My dynasty win was far more decisive.  I was playing a dude who had Cousins, Cook, and AB.  Cousins got COVID, so he played Russell Wilson--who tried to blow me up--but the lack of Cousins killed Cook's day.  And then AB curiously had a quiet stat line.  I wonder what happened there? 

In any event--I win!

Ha, I can't believe we hadn't talked about AB yet. That crazy motherfucker replicated the end of the movie Slapshot (<--- still the greatest sports movie of all time). All it was missing was a spirited band playing "the Stripper".

What's funniest is I'm pretty sure he did it to effectively help promote his new garbage rap song. Bold move, Cotton. What a fucking doof.

EDIT: Oh, and congrats on your wins!