Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2021 Fantasy Football Thread

I just traded Carson and j Williams for wilson and the bucs d. I was using Trevor at qb which wasn't going so well. It was an overpay on my part by any trade metrics but by ros projections it was an even trade. He wanted Mixon for wilson straight across so with the value drop down to Carson I added Williams who I think is not going to have much trade value (barring a swift injury) pretty soon. And I got the bucs defense who have good matchups on the weeks my bills defense doesn't.

In another league I traded hunt for diontae. Hunt was my 4th rb and woods is my number 2wr so I think that one works in my favor.

Apparently any time the chiefs win i have the lowest score of my league. Anytime they lose i have the highest score of my league.

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

So, I was inspired by AKB's Cinci game thread to report back on my fantasy team. It's been a weird year.

Dynasty update:

Standard scoring (not PPR), 6 point passing TDs:
1QB: Patrick Mahomes, Jimmy G, Trey Lance
2RB: Austin Ekeler, D'Andre Swift, Jamaal Williams, Chase Edmonds, Trey Sermon, Gus Edwards, Travis Etienne, Justin Jackson
2WR: Allen Robinson, DJ Moore, Tee Higgins, Chase Claypool, Jakobi Meyers, Tim Patrick
1TE: Travis Kelce, Logan Thomas, Pat Friermuth, Albert Okwuegbunam
1 FLEX: WR/RB/TE
K: Butker, McPherson
2DB: Jamal Adams, Jayron Kearse, Xavier Woods
2LB: Darius Leonard, CJ Mosley, Quincy Williams
1EDR/IL: Christian Wilkins

Mahomes and Kelce got me through the wild card round, and Justin Jackson and Tee Higgins hooked it up for me this weekend. COVID hit me hard taking out Ekeler, Kelce, and Butker, and because Freiermuth was already out with a concussion, I had to go fishing for the dude in Denver that's been outplaying Fant. He goose-egged me. Awesome week otherwise, and now on to the championship game.

In redraft, I have a team that is almost all waiver wire players, and Justin Jackson and Tee Higgins hooked it up there. Those same two also won me $100 in a DFS league with some friends.

Good fantasy weekends don't come along often. Trying to enjoy this.

I'm in both of my championship games.

In the Full PPR Dysnasty / Keeper 2 QB league all year I've coasted. I kept almost all of my team when most people turned over the back end of their roster. Most points scored. Earned a bye. Won my round 2 game by 25 points. Still, I think I lost both matchups to the guy I'm playing in the championship. I failed to check on Lamar Jackson / Huntley / Johnson in time before the game, so I got a zero from one QB slot, but the other was Burrow, so I didn't even skip a beat.

In the 1/2 PPR Money Re-draft league it's been a totally different story. I still have the 2nd highest scoring team all year, but I barely made the playoffs after someone else lost 4 straight to help me, my QB situation has sucked (drafted Tannehill), and I barely won my game last night by betting against the Saints (Miami D/ST) and their terrible QB situation. I needed 9 points going into last night and eventually got plenty.

I outscored my opponent everywhere except QB where he had Burrow (38.1 points) and I had Cam (4.6 points). Deciding not to go get a different QB nearly cost me. I had been riding the Taysom Hill train before that to surprising success, but I might just need to get someone that will reliably go get 15 points instead.

I think I can win both. I'll need to do a better job watching QB situations than I did this week though.

I'm in my championship as well!

10 team standard league. I'm top scorer in my league but I was much more dominant before Henry went out.

Taysom Hill vs. Panthers
or
Trey Lance vs. Texans

In the other league:
Tyler Huntley vs. Rams (assuming Lamar sits)
or
Tua vs. Titans

Got a little fun news. I won one of these games last week by picking the Dolphins D/ST off of waivers. The guy I beat apparently put in a claim for them, obviously didn't get them, had to settle on the Chargers D/ST vs. Houston. The Chargers D/ST ended with -5 vs. Dolphins D/ST with 26. That 31 point swing was the difference. I lucked out.

(12-31-2021, 05:48 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  Taysom Hill vs. Panthers
or
Trey Lance vs. Texans

In the other league:
or
Tua vs. Titans

Got a little fun news. I won one of these games last week by picking the Dolphins D/ST off of waivers. The guy I beat apparently put in a claim for them, obviously didn't get them, had to settle on the Chargers D/ST vs. Houston. The Chargers D/ST ended with -5 vs. Dolphins D/ST with 26. That 31 point swing was the difference. I lucked out.

Everyone keeps waiving me off of Lance against the Texans.  Apparently their defense has been on fire against QBs lately.  Taysom is like Aaron Brooks--terrible actual quarterback, pretty great FF play.

(12-31-2021, 05:48 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  Taysom Hill vs. Panthers
or
Trey Lance vs. Texans

In the other league:
or
Tua vs. Titans

I would go with Tua. Miami is playing well and he has a threat in Waddle.

Tony Pollard vs the cards or MVS vs the Vikings in my flex spot?

(01-02-2022, 12:41 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  Tony Pollard vs the cards or MVS vs the Vikings in my flex spot?
 Pollard is the higher floor, MVS is the higher ceiling, so probably depends on how much you need a homerun from your flex spot.