Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2021 Fantasy Football Thread

Agreed. Either Brown or Edmunds. I know Edmunds has been unreliable since he's had a 60/40 or so split with Connor, but he's been far more effective. At some point it will pay off. For this week I'd lean Brown.

I just executed a trade in my Full PPR 2 QB Dynasty Keeper league.

I traded:
QB Stafford
WR Sutton
RB Hines

I get:
QB Tua
WR DK
RB CEH

This dude was desperate for a QB, 3 of 4 were hurt and Stafford is a huge upgrade. Before the draft I tried exploring trade ideas with him and he listed 5 players he would not be willing to trade. All 3 of those guys I got were on that list. To be fair Tua he would have to drop. Hines was a throw in since I'd have to cut him.

I'm trying to trade in a couple leagues.

One trade I'm looking at is

Carson
Theilen
Pollard

For

Hill
Ceh

I have McLaurin, Cooks, Chase. Ekeler, Davis, j Williams, Hines, gainwell. Also have Samuel and Wilson on ir.

(09-21-2021, 09:29 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  I've been absolute shit giving advice this year.

I'd go brown.
I wouldn't go brown if he's still on the covid list.

(09-23-2021, 10:44 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  I'm trying to trade in a couple leagues.

Carson
Theilen
Pollard

For

Hill
Ceh

I have McLaurin, Cooks, Chase. Ekeler, Davis, j Williams, Hines, gainwell. Also have Samuel and Wilson on ir.

This is a borderline trade to me.

I'd be more likely to make this trade in dynasty than a redraft league. I'd also be more likely to make this trade if I felt I needed to improve my starters at the expense of some depth, which it kind of looks like you can do.

I guess follow your heart. Do you like living and dying with the Chiefs in fantasy?

(09-23-2021, 11:07 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(09-23-2021, 10:44 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  I'm trying to trade in a couple leagues.

Carson
Theilen
Pollard

For

Hill
Ceh

I'd be more likely to make this trade in dynasty than a redraft league. I'd also be more likely to make this trade if I felt I needed to improve my starters at the expense of some depth, which it kind of looks like you can do.

I guess follow your heart. Do you like living and dying with the Chiefs in fantasy?
Based on how bad the defense is, the offense should have to score a bunch of points every week. Also this is the league I took mahomes in.

(09-23-2021, 12:16 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(09-23-2021, 11:07 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  

Carson
Theilen
Pollard

For

Hill
Ceh

Based on how bad the defense is, the offense should have to score a bunch of points every week. Also this is the league I took mahomes in.

You raise a fair point.

I'm trying to do another trade in the dynasty to fix tight end long term

This guy initially proposed I give:

RB Swift
TE Gesicki

For:
RB Singletary
TE Fant

My Counter Offer:

Give:
RB Swift or CEH or Jacobs
TE Hunter Henry

For:
RB Singletary
TE Pitts

I thought the first trade was absurd, but he needs a RB1 bad (Singletary is his RB1 right now) and might be willing to swing for my counter or something in between. Tight end is my last ugly looking starting spot, so potentially fixing that for a decade would be immense.

I think even the new trade slightly veers in his favor, but I have a need.

I was looking at that through a redraft lens.

I think you win that dynasty wise. For this year it probably skews in his favor.

Dynasty update:

Standard scoring (not PPR), 6 point passing TDs:
1QB: Patrick Mahomes, Jimmy G (waivers), Trey Lance (1.9)
2RB: Austin Ekeler, D'Andre Swift, Jamaal Williams (from a trade for Devin Singletary), Chase Edmonds, Latavius Murray (waivers), Mark Ingram, Trey Sermon (1.8), Gus Edwards (IR), Travis Etienne (IR, 2.1)
2WR: Allen Robinson, DJ Moore, Tee Higgins, Chase Claypool, Jakobi Meyers, Jalen Reagor
1TE: Travis Kelce, Logan Thomas, Pat Friermuth (3.9)
1 FLEX: WR/RB/TE
K: Butker
2DB: Jamal Adams, Khari Willis, Antoine Winfield
2LB: Darius Leonard, Devin White
1EDR/IL: Von Miller, JPP

My team is killing it. 3-0, first place, most points scored. Ekeler and Swift are an awesome tandem, and I was able to trade Singletary after week 1 for Williams, which I think is a huge win for me in terms of Swift insurance. Not sure why Shanahan hates Sermon, but he does. Edmonds has started for me for the past two weeks, but not by choice. My WR situation has been a surprising letdown. DJ Moore is going to have an awesome year, but A-Rob is screwed in Chicago at least until Nagy gets fired, and possibly for the year. Higgins is a stud, but hurt and obviously being overshadowed by Chase, even though he had seen more targets and catches. Claypool is currently WR1 is Pittsburgh due to injury, but Big Ben sucks something fierce. My IDP guys haven't been that great, but they'll either turnaround or I'll just replace them (that's a yearly thing with at least one or two guys always). I think Butker's gotta go, sadly. He just doesn't get enough opportunities. He finished outside of the top 12 last year, and is headed that way again.

Still wanted a TE in my PpR 2 QB dynasty.

My attempt to get Kyle Pitts fell short despite being called a fair deal. I shifted to try and get Fant from the same guy but to throw in Deshaun Watson for when he inevitably gets traded IRL. Would have been a 3 for 3 or 4 for 4 trade. But the guy didn't bite on that either.

Tried to pursue Darren Waller, which led to a long trail for a red herring where the guy was trying to steal DK Metcalf as part of a trade for Pat Freiermuth (albeit getting Scary Terry back). Probably went through 8 unwanted proposals in 2 days.

Finally dealt with a guy famous for not taking trades. Josh Jacobs for Mark Andrew's straight up. He took it. Should have tried that to start.

I'll post my updated roster when I'm at a real computer, but I'm also crushing it in both leagues.

(09-28-2021, 10:59 AM)NOLA Wrote:  Dynasty update:

Standard scoring (not PPR), 6 point passing TDs:
1QB: Patrick Mahomes, Jimmy G (waivers), Trey Lance (1.9)
2RB: Austin Ekeler, D'Andre Swift, Jamaal Williams (from a trade for Devin Singletary), Chase Edmonds, Latavius Murray (waivers), Mark Ingram, Trey Sermon (1.8), Gus Edwards (IR), Travis Etienne (IR, 2.1)
2WR: Allen Robinson, DJ Moore, Tee Higgins, Chase Claypool, Jakobi Meyers, Jalen Reagor
1TE: Travis Kelce, Logan Thomas, Pat Friermuth (3.9)
1 FLEX: WR/RB/TE
K: Butker
2DB: Jamal Adams, Khari Willis, Antoine Winfield
2LB: Darius Leonard, Devin White
1EDR/IL: Von Miller, JPP

My team is killing it.  3-0, first place, most points scored.  Ekeler and Swift are an awesome tandem, and I was able to trade Singletary after week 1 for Williams, which I think is a huge win for me in terms of Swift insurance.  Not sure why Shanahan hates Sermon, but he does.  Edmonds has started for me for the past two weeks, but not by choice.  My WR situation has been a surprising letdown.  DJ Moore is going to have an awesome year, but A-Rob is screwed in Chicago at least until Nagy gets fired, and possibly for the year.  Higgins is a stud, but hurt and obviously being overshadowed by Chase, even though he had seen more targets and catches.  Claypool is currently WR1 is Pittsburgh due to injury, but Big Ben sucks something fierce.  My IDP guys haven't been that great, but they'll either turnaround or I'll just replace them (that's a yearly thing with at least one or two guys always).  I think Butker's gotta go, sadly.  He just doesn't get enough opportunities.  He finished outside of the top 12 last year, and is headed that way again.

Update: I dropped JPP and claimed Josh Gordon off of waivers in a Hail Mary attempt to bolster my receiving corps this year (which is really thin now that Claypool picked up a hammy injury in practice this week).