Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2021 Fantasy Football Thread

(07-02-2021, 09:31 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  Ok. So you inspired me.

Who do you have behind mahomes and kelce?

Actually, regardless, I'd take one of the top 4 rookie qbs with one of those picks. If it's not Lawrence, then I'd try to wait until 2.1 to take one of the others. But maybe reach for one at 1.9.

I'm assuming that the first 3 rbs taken in the draft will probably be gone by your first pick so I'd go sermon at 1.8 or 1.9. 49ers will likely be able to plug him in for success albeit a timeshare.

I'd also be really interested in Marshall with darnold in Carolina. If he can be healthy, he could be good opposite dj moore.

Looping back to this...

So we did this draft by email last week in the first couple of days after Ida, which was a pretty welcome distraction.  Najee Harris, JaMarr Chase, Javonte Williams and Kyle Pitts went 1.1-1.4, as more or less expected.  After that it went a little QB nuts, with Fields and Lawrence going off the board 1.5 and 1.6, followed by DeVonta Smith at 1.7.  So I somehow ended up with Trey Sermon at 1.8, took Trey Lance at 1.9, and then it got really weird with Zach fuckin' Wilson and Mac Jones going at 1.10 and 1.12 just before and after Jaylen Waddle.  So I took a flier on Travis Etienne at 2.1 for next year.

So yeah, for a one-QB dynasty league, it went QB nuts.  Someone drafted Kyle Trask in round 2.  But I love my draft, so I'm pretty happy with how this season is shaping up for me.

And this concludes the update that no one asked for.

It was a fantastic update. Great. Very great. Really terrific.

(09-07-2021, 11:48 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  It was a fantastic update. Great. Very great. Really terrific.

Even you're making fun of me, I'm gonna take this as a win.

(09-07-2021, 01:04 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(09-07-2021, 11:48 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  It was a fantastic update. Great. Very great. Really terrific.

Yes but also, no. I really did like the update. The draft worked out for ya. And even if swift is a bust, you got edwards as the lead guy in Baltimore now so you can afford to wait on Etienne. He would have been gone before your pick without the injury so similar to your Lance pick, this is going to work out well for you the next few years.

On an unrelated note. In my pay league, I had the first overall pick. And I took kelce. So now you can make fun of me.

(09-07-2021, 02:14 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(09-07-2021, 01:04 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

Yes but also, no. I really did like the update. The draft worked out for ya. And even if swift is a bust, you got edwards as the lead guy in Baltimore now so you can afford to wait on Etienne. He would have been gone before your pick without the injury so similar to your Lance pick, this is going to work out well for you the next few years.

On an unrelated note. In my pay league, I had the first overall pick. And I took kelce. So now you can make fun of me.

Ha! Thanks bud.  And no, not gonna make fun of you.  I think Kelce is the most reliable player in fantasy football.  I did a redraft league draft online with my superdome section last night at ended up with the last pick.  Was thrilled Kelce was still there.

I do read these even if I don't always respond. Heck, I'll come back and read them at the end of the year, see how much perspectives change and why.

I had my 1/2 PPR money league draft this weekend. 10 teams, drafting 7th, snake format
1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 D/ST, 1 K, 7 Bench, 1 IR

QB: Ryan Tannehill, Trevor Lawrence
RB: Nick Chubb, Kareem Hunt, David Montgomery, Chase Edmonds, Zack Moss, Devin Singletary
WR: Davante Adams, Cooper Kupp, Courtland Sutton, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Micheal Gallup
TE: George Kittle
D/ST: Rams
K: Greg Zuerlein

My philosophy here was almost a 0 RB strategy except Chubb fell to me in the 2nd. Heavy positional advantage at WR1 and TE.

I was able to get Hunt as my handcuff in the 6th, which I feel is not too early considering he has FLEX value. I was 1 pick away from getting James Robinson, but I like Montgomery and Chase Edmonds as FLEX plays. After that getting both Bills RBs cheap gives me some value if one or the other steps up as a clear number 1 or there is an injury.

All of the good QBs were already taken fairly early (Mahomes' drafter also snagged Josh Allen), so I settled on Tannehill in the 10th, but that's probably not a bad bet considering his WR talent this year. Lawrence I wanted a QB both with upside and that's starting immediately since there was some question about Tannehill getting off the Covid list for week 1 going into the weekend (I think he's already off now).

WR I'm counting a bit on a Last Dance mentality with Adams and Rodgers. All these are all guys including Adams are guys I've drafted before so there's some familiarity. Wouldn't be surprised to see a JuJu resurgence. I feel like there's some depth at WR in the league right now, so there isn't much difference between my back end and waivers, so I'm not too worried.

K and D/ST I tend to stream, but despite picking late I still got two of the best. I may end up trying to keep them most of the year.

I have 3 teams right now. Still debating whether or not to join a random auction league like I usually do (but I joined in a new league this year and typically the random auction league is my 3rd.)

I'll just post my pay league.

QB: Trevor Lawrence, Deshaun Watson
RB: Mixon, Carson, Davis, Jamaal Williams, Moss, Ty-son Williams
WR: Woods, Anderson, Boyd, Calloway, Michael Thomas, Tyrell Williams
TE: Kelce
D/ST: Bills, Colts
K: I don't draft kickers. I'll pick one up before Sundays games but idk which

I tried stretching on getting stafford with the last pick in the 8th round even though he never lasted that long in my mocks. He obviously didn't last that long here either. So then I figured I could wait until the 10th and get Baker or Fitzmagic. They didn't last. So I waited until 12 to get Lawrence. Watson is a flyer I'm stashing on ir until we found out what's going on. If he plays any, I think he's still a top 10 fantasy qb on a weekly basis.

Happy with my rbs. Bell signing with the ravens takes some of the shine off my ty-son pick.

My wrs could be weak behind woods. But I think I can find one or two a week to put up good enough numbers.

Te I was obviously waiting on after kelce. Guys I was thinking I could get in the 10th round possibly went 6,7, and 8th rounds. So I just kicked my backup te problem to the curb. If kelce goes down I'm screwed regardless. So I really just need someone for the bye week. I got time.

I'm usually really good at picking defenses. This year I just totally guessed on. I have the Chiefs defense in one of my other leagues but they went quicker than I expected in this one and my 3rd league. I don't expect the bills defense to be as good as last year but they were something like the 10th defense drafted.

(09-07-2021, 03:34 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  I do read these even if I don't always respond. Heck, I'll come back and read them at the end of the year, see how much perspectives change and why.

I had my 1/2 PPR money league draft this weekend. 10 teams, drafting 7th, snake format
1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 D/ST, 1 K, 7 Bench, 1 IR

QB: Ryan Tannehill, Trevor Lawrence
RB: Nick Chubb, Kareem Hunt, David Montgomery, Chase Edmonds, Zack Moss, Devin Singletary
WR: Davante Adams, Cooper Kupp, Courtland Sutton, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Micheal Gallup
TE: George Kittle
D/ST: Rams
K: Greg Zuerlein

My philosophy here was almost a 0 RB strategy except Chubb fell to me in the 2nd. Heavy positional advantage at WR1 and TE.

I was able to get Hunt as my handcuff in the 6th, which I feel is not too early considering he has FLEX value. I was 1 pick away from getting James Robinson, but I like Montgomery and Chase Edmonds as FLEX plays. After that getting both Bills RBs cheap gives me some value if one or the other steps up as a clear number 1 or there is an injury.

All of the good QBs were already taken fairly early (Mahomes' drafter also snagged Josh Allen), so I settled on Tannehill in the 10th, but that's probably not a bad bet considering his WR talent this year. Lawrence I wanted a QB both with upside and that's starting immediately since there was some question about Tannehill getting off the Covid list for week 1 going into the weekend (I think he's already off now).

WR I'm counting a bit on a Last Dance mentality with Adams and Rodgers. All these are all guys including Adams are guys I've drafted before so there's some familiarity. Wouldn't be surprised to see a JuJu resurgence. I feel like there's some depth at WR in the league right now, so there isn't much difference between my back end and waivers, so I'm not too worried.

K and D/ST I tend to stream, but despite picking late I still got two of the best. I may end up trying to keep them most of the year.

This is a solid roster.  10 teams and only 1 RB is gonna be competitive as hell, I would imagine.  Everyone should have a pretty good team.

So who would you start in the flex spot in a standard scoring format?

Tony Pollard v Phi
Chase Edmunds @ Jax
Antonio Brown @ LA Rams
Michael Pittman @ Ten
Jevonte Williams v NYJ

It's a 10 team league so the rosters are a little more stacked.

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

I've been absolute shit giving advice this year.

I'd go brown.