Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2021 Fantasy Football Thread

I'm firing this up because I can't stop thinking about the upcoming FF season.  I have picks 1.8, 1.9, and 2.1 in my dynasty rookie draft, and a very young team to fill out.  Also, I haven't drafted higher than 1.8 in about seven years, with the exception of trading Tom Brady for the right to draft Derrius Guice at 1.2 (dammit), and last year trading David Johnson for the right to draft D'Andre Swift (TBD).

QB - Mahomes
RB - D'Andre Swift
RB - Austin Ekeler
WR - Allen Robinson
WR - DJ Moore
FLEX - Tee Higgins
TE - Kelce
K - Butker
DB - Jamaal Adams
DB - Josh Jones
DL - Jason Pierre-Paul
LB - Darius Leonard
LB - Devin White

Depth players of note:
Chase Edmonds, Gus Edwards, Devin Singletary, Chase Claypool, Jalen Reagor (fuckin' Reagor... I labored hard over whether to draft him or Justin Jefferson.  I chose poorly.)

Anybody else fired up for the coming season.  Anyone started doing mocks yet and have ideas for my rookie picks?

Yesterday was the first day I even bothered to look at rankings. And that was just to quickly familiarize myself with what team the players were on. So I cannot be of help to you yet.

(07-02-2021, 02:17 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  Yesterday was the first day I even bothered to look at rankings. And that was just to quickly familiarize myself with what team the players were on. So I cannot be of help to you yet.

There's still plenty of time...

(07-02-2021, 03:56 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(07-02-2021, 02:17 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  Yesterday was the first day I even bothered to look at rankings. And that was just to quickly familiarize myself with what team the players were on. So I cannot be of help to you yet.

There's still plenty of time...

Yeah, I'll get there eventually. But we bought a 1950 house back in September of last year and renovations started in November and lasted through April. Things finally got done enough to move in at the end of May but we're still far from finished. And now we are in the process of organizing furniture and decorations while living in the house while still cleaning up construction debris. And we have two small children. 

So I just don't have the energy for fantasy football at the moment. I'm hoping I get back into it before the first preseason game because with only 3 weeks of preseason, I'm not sure how quick my drafts will be.

Ok. So you inspired me.

Who do you have behind mahomes and kelce?

Actually, regardless, I'd take one of the top 4 rookie qbs with one of those picks. If it's not Lawrence, then I'd try to wait until 2.1 to take one of the others. But maybe reach for one at 1.9.

I'm assuming that the first 3 rbs taken in the draft will probably be gone by your first pick so I'd go sermon at 1.8 or 1.9. 49ers will likely be able to plug him in for success albeit a timeshare.

I'd also be really interested in Marshall with darnold in Carolina. If he can be healthy, he could be good opposite dj moore.

(07-02-2021, 09:31 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  Ok. So you inspired me.

Actually, regardless, I'd take one of the top 4 rookie qbs with one of those picks. If it's not Lawrence, then I'd try to wait until 2.1 to take one of the others. But maybe reach for one at 1.9.

I'm assuming that the first 3 rbs taken in the draft will probably be gone by your first pick so I'd go sermon at 1.8 or 1.9. 49ers will likely be able to plug him in for success albeit a timeshare.

I'd also be really interested in Marshall with darnold in Carolina. If he can be healthy, he could be good opposite dj moore.

You basically read my mind. 

I have--I shit you not--Drew Lock and Chad Henne behind Mahomes because I traded away Tannehill for 2.1 and Kerryon Johnson (he was still with Detroit and I thought he was gonna be Swfit's backup) and Lamar for 1.8, a 2023 first, and Tee Higgins, both right before the trade deadline last year.  I have Logan Thomas and Thaddeus Moss behind Kelce.

So yeah, I was planning to take Sermon at 1.8, a QB at 1.9 (though I'm considering Lance over Lawrence... crazy?), and I'm actually toying with the idea of taking either Fields or Lance at 2.1, or possibly Carter if he's still around.  I am intrigued by Marshall, however, as the LSU WRs seem to be on fire lately.  He's also on my shortlist, but I feel like I need runners more than I need WRs.

(07-03-2021, 09:31 AM)NOLA Wrote:  
(07-02-2021, 09:31 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  Ok. So you inspired me.

You basically read my mind. 

I have--I shit you not--Drew Lock and Chad Henne behind Mahomes because I traded away Tannehill for 2.1 and Kerryon Johnson (he was still with Detroit and I thought he was gonna be Swfit's backup) and Lamar for 1.8, a 2023 first, and Tee Higgins, both right before the trade deadline last year.  I have Logan Thomas and Thaddeus Moss behind Kelce.

So yeah, I was planning to take Sermon at 1.8, a QB at 1.9 (though I'm considering Lance over Lawrence... crazy?), and I'm actually toying with the idea of taking either Fields or Lance at 2.1, or possibly Carter if he's still around.  I am intrigued by Marshall, however, as the LSU WRs seem to be on fire lately.  He's also on my shortlist, but I feel like I need runners more than I need WRs.

Long term I'd say Lance is just as good a shot as Lawrence but for this season and next I think Lawrence is likely to dwarf Lance stat-wise. 
Totally agree with you on needing rbs more than receivers. I like your starters alright but I don't like any of your backups. And swift is still a wildcard for sure. But I don't know anything about Carter or the new look jets.

My weird 2 QB Dynasty money league sort of evolved into a mass keeper cap draft league. I think I'm fine with this change, I didn't draft with this in mind though. Took a lot of fliers on young players as you'll see. I've got about a month to decide on my keepers and any pre-draft trades. Note that the 4 worst teams get a free rookie draft before the money draft, so I can't sell the farm for any one guy even if I had the cash.

We play with:
2 QBs, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 2 Flex, 1 TE , 1 D/ST, No Kicker

Keepers # and $ remaining cap:
18-$0
17-1
16-3
15-6
14-10
13-15
12-25
11-35
10-45
9-55
8-65
7-75
6-90
5-105
4-120
3-140
2-160
1-180
0-200

The first thing I need is to determine how many and which players to keep so I know how much cap I have.

ROSTER
QBs
Lamar Jackson (24, my big investment of cap last year)
Joe Burrow (24, my best steal)
Matthew Stafford (33, looks like fantastic trade bait right now, some of these teams desperately need QB)

I'm iffy on Lamar at this point, but this is a solid room. I wouldn't mind trading Stafford and picking up a young QB in the draft with all of my capital.

RBs
Josh Jacobs (23, 2nd biggest investment)
Joe Mixon (24)
DeAndre Swift (22)
Cam Akers  (22, a fortunate waiver wire pickup in the middle of last season)
Kenyan Drake (27, now a handcuff to Jacobs)
James Conner (26, is now backing up Chase Edmonds in Arizona)

Young quality at top. couple decent older backups I could look to trade. Maybe Chase Edmonds' owner wants his handcuff?

WRs
Deebo Samuel (25)
CeeDee Lamb (22)
Jerry Jeudy (22)
Courtland Sutton (25)
Michael Gallup (25)
Jarvis Landry (29)
Devante Parker (28)

Again, young quality talent. Maybe less proven than my RB group.

TEs
Mike Gesicki (25)
Hunter Henry (26)

I don't know which TE I prefer even.

Note I have to at least drop one person since one is on IR still, but otherwise I can roll with this team.

I think my strategy at the moment is to try to make improvements by offering volume for quality. If I could take a couple young studs and turn them into a legit superstar I might do it.

So I guess the question is who should I drop, who should I try to trade, what should I try to trade for, etc.? Unless I can get some trades going I think I'm rolling with my team virtually as is because it isn't worth dropping players until we get to 6 or so.

I'd probably drop drake, Conner, sutton, Gallup, Landry and Parker.

I'd trade stafford, unless someone wants to give you close to full value on Lamar. Then I'd trade him and keep stafford.

(07-12-2021, 07:24 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  I'd probably drop drake, Conner, sutton, Gallup, Landry and Parker.

I'd trade stafford, unless someone wants to give you close to full value on Lamar. Then I'd trade him and keep stafford.

I've neither played in a two-QB dynasty league nor done an auction draft, but this seems like good advice? 

AKB, I think your team would be awesome in a standard two-QB dynasty league, but the auction/keeper variable is throwing me off.  Sorry I can't be of more help.