Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs 2021 Offseason Thread

I don't get the cap either. All i know is that veach is a GD wizard.

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

Chiefs cut Damien Williams.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1371...04736?s=20

(03-16-2021, 03:28 PM)DallasChief Wrote:  Chiefs cut Damien Williams.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1371...04736?s=20

That surprises me. Who are we going to get for that cheap to replace him?

Chiefs re-sign DE Taco Charlton to another 1 year deal

Chiefs tender RB Darrel Williams

Chiefs tender OL Andrew Wylie

And as DC mentioned cut RB Damien Williams

Damien is a little of a surprise to me, but he does save money and he was inconsistent. RBs are relatively cheap and we have CEH. It's possible with the addition of Thuney the Chiefs are looking to add more power running and offensive balance.

(03-16-2021, 04:52 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  Chiefs re-sign DE Taco Charlton to another 1 year deal

Damien is a little of a surprise to me, but he does save money and he was inconsistent. RBs are relatively cheap and we have CEH. It's possible with the addition of Thuney the Chiefs are looking to add more power running and offensive balance.
Dropping one of the williams will help me. I can't ever keep them straight.

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

(03-16-2021, 06:21 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  
(03-16-2021, 04:52 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  Chiefs re-sign DE Taco Charlton to another 1 year deal

Dropping one of the williams will help me. I can't ever keep them straight.

One of the young OTs on roster our team likes as a potential starter is named Darryl Williams. Sure that won't get confusing, but at least it's a different position.

Tangentially related, I've seen that the Chiefs were interested in Trent Williams but he just re-signed with the Niners for $138M. Don't think we were going to pay that.

Is Rodney Hudson used up? I can't imagine why the Raiders would cut him when it doesn't give them any cap relief.

(03-17-2021, 09:05 AM)DallasChief Wrote:  Is Rodney Hudson used up?  I can't imagine why the Raiders would cut him when it doesn't give them any cap relief.
I don't see the Chiefs paying that much money for a center.  We wouldn't pay that much before and he left.  I don't know if he is washed up or not... but if I recall correctly, he only gave up three sacks in the last three years.

[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!

Chiefs have tendered WR Byron Pringle

Chiefs have tendered TE Nick Keizer

Chiefs have tendered CB Charvarius Ward

Chiefs have re-signed LB Ben Niemann to a 1 year deal.

Something I didn't know before about Darrel Williams and now Niemann is both are RFAs, but the team offered them a regular contract instead of a tender. In DW's case it was so the team could offer him a hair more guaranteed money instead of just the typical tender amount. Probably the same thing with Niemann.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-chiefs-s...45859.html

Chiefs are apparently looking at Zach Ertz. This intrigues me.