Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs 2021 Offseason Thread

(09-02-2021, 10:41 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  Honey Badger got put on the Covid IR and Kemp got put back on the 53.

There's plenty of time for Tyrann to get out of Covid jail for week 1, but it still brings into question what happens to Kemp when he comes back.

Also, forgot to mention, I've heard something about ldt being a ir candidate? Maybe that's the plan for kemp?

(09-02-2021, 11:50 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(09-02-2021, 10:41 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  Honey Badger got put on the Covid IR and Kemp got put back on the 53.

There's plenty of time for Tyrann to get out of Covid jail for week 1, but it still brings into question what happens to Kemp when he comes back.

Also, forgot to mention, I've heard something about ldt being a ir candidate? Maybe that's the plan for kemp?

I think I heard Veach say LDTMD and Blythe were both going to be physically ready around week 1, but they still could get IR'd temporarily, especially Blythe. Yeah, maybe.

(09-02-2021, 11:48 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  Not that it's a problem since it's easy enough to keep up with, but why are you posting chiefs news in the other teams thread?

Also, I'm not upset about any of the cuts. Glad we got gore and some others back on the practice squad. Ward seemed like he probably had earned a spot on the 53 but would have probably been a weekly inactive if he had. So he gets a chance elsewhere now. And if he happens to get cut it wouldn't be shocking to see him end up back here.

Tyrann's news really doesn't mean anything until season starts. And he should be good to return by opener unless he has symptoms.

I done fucked up. Too late to do anything about it. Not really, but I'm feeling pretty lazy about it.

Other than that, I agree.

EDIT: Actually it was easier to move these than I thought. Fixed.

Did Honey Badger not get vaccinated, or just have a breakthrough case?

(09-02-2021, 03:42 PM)NOLA Wrote:  Did Honey Badger not get vaccinated, or just have a breakthrough case?

He's vaccinated.

Willie gay to ir with broken toe. Or something.

(09-02-2021, 03:42 PM)NOLA Wrote:  Did Honey Badger not get vaccinated, or just have a breakthrough case?

He was vaccinated.

I don't want to get overtly political about this, so understand that what I'm going to say next is the level headed truth as I understand it. Breakthrough cases are far more common than what we are lead to believe.

Israel for example is around 78% fully vaccinated, but 59% of their Covid hospitalizations are fully vaccinated. This may be due waning efficacy over time which is why they are pushing booster shots, but that is a lower serious infection rate than un-vaccinated people have obviously. Mind you people who have recovered from a known infection in Israel account for less than 1% of hospitalizations.

That same data highly suggests that the vaccines are effective therapeutics and prevent a lot of deaths. Maybe that will wane with time as well, but there's no direct evidence for that right now.

I deliberately didn't add any extra opinion, even deleted a couple lines, though I'm pretty sure I would be in Facebook jail just for what I have said or least get a disclaimer attached to my post.

(09-02-2021, 05:20 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  Willie gay to ir with broken toe. Or something.

So, he's out at least 3 weeks. Good thing we have more LB depth than last year.

(09-02-2021, 05:25 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  

He was vaccinated.

I don't want to get overtly political about this, so understand that what I'm going to say next is the level headed truth as I understand it. Breakthrough cases are far more common than what we are lead to believe.

Israel for example is around 78% fully vaccinated, but 59% of their Covid hospitalizations are fully vaccinated. This may be due waning efficacy over time which is why they are pushing booster shots, but that is a lower serious infection rate than un-vaccinated people have obviously. Mind you people who have recovered from a known infection in Israel account for less than 1% of hospitalizations.

That same data highly suggests that the vaccines are effective therapeutics and prevent a lot of deaths. Maybe that will wane with time as well, but there's no direct evidence for that right now.

I deliberately didn't add any extra opinion, even deleted a couple lines, though I'm pretty sure I would be in Facebook jail just for what I have said or least get a disclaimer attached to my post.

Oh sure.  I wasn't trying to be a smartass; I know a lot of people who've had breakthrough cases.  Was just curious because I thought the Chiefs had a fairly high vax rate, and because I thought Honey Badger had been encouraging vaccination earlier this summer with Kelce.

(09-02-2021, 06:42 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(09-02-2021, 05:25 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  

He was vaccinated.

Oh sure.  I wasn't trying to be a smartass; I know a lot of people who've had breakthrough cases.  Was just curious because I thought the Chiefs had a fairly high vax rate, and because I thought Honey Badger had been encouraging vaccination earlier this summer with Kelce.

Yeah, understood. Didn't think you were being a smartass, I just know a lot of people that still think the vaccines are inoculations like the shots they got in school, not therapeutics like the flu vaccine.