Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs @ Bucs - SB LV

(02-08-2021, 03:41 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  
(02-08-2021, 03:17 PM)mabbott Wrote:  I want to thank you guys for being my escape from California nonsense and to get Chiefs talk.  This game was horrible, I felt myself detaching after the 1st quarter.  It was so bad for me that I actually left at halftime to get food. 

Watching the o-line get beat constantly was hard to watch.  Mahomes single handedly kept the Chiefs going and people just dropped crucial catches.  I counted 4 TDs that could have been made (some difficult catches) but none were made.  This hurt more than the refs not calling the game consistently.

CEH averaged 7.1 ypc and we didn't run.  The running game could have made a difference in this game.  Dropping back over and over with a weak o-line made for a bad game to watch.

I look forward to next year and thank you again for being my escape!  I appreciate you guys!

I think if we started running more they would have adjusted. We were just out powered on the line.

It's easier to gel in the run game for an offensive line that isn't experienced together or shuffled around. Tampa's adjustments would have included not being able to get upfield as quickly in the pass rush. Plus they constantly dropped back in 2 safety deep zone. We could have forced them to either adjust or die by 1,000 cuts.

I think running the ball more, especially in the middle of the game before it got out of hand, would have made a huge difference.

And mabbot, thanks for chilling with us. Enjoy some time to yourself.

(02-08-2021, 03:17 PM)mabbott Wrote:  I want to thank you guys for being my escape from California nonsense and to get Chiefs talk.  This game was horrible, I felt myself detaching after the 1st quarter.  It was so bad for me that I actually left at halftime to get food. 

Watching the o-line get beat constantly was hard to watch.  Mahomes single handedly kept the Chiefs going and people just dropped crucial catches.  I counted 4 TDs that could have been made (some difficult catches) but none were made.  This hurt more than the refs not calling the game consistently.

CEH averaged 7.1 ypc and we didn't run.  The running game could have made a difference in this game.  Dropping back over and over with a weak o-line made for a bad game to watch.

I look forward to next year and thank you again for being my escape!  I appreciate you guys!

No problem, man!  Thanks for hanging.  If you get bored this spring you can come check on us around draft time.

(02-08-2021, 04:00 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  

I look forward to next year and thank you again for being my escape!  I appreciate you guys!

I think if we started running more they would have adjusted. We were just out powered on the line.

It's easier to gel in the run game for an offensive line that isn't experienced together or shuffled around. Tampa's adjustments would have included not being able to get upfield as quickly in the pass rush. Plus they constantly dropped back in 2 safety deep zone. We could have forced them to either adjust or die by 1,000 cuts.

I think running the ball more, especially in the middle of the game before it got out of hand, would have made a huge difference.

So... are we just not gonna talk about Andy Reid going FULL Andy Reid at the end of the first half and calling to timeouts for a Bucs team that was very content to go into halftime up by 8?

(02-08-2021, 05:26 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

So... are we just not gonna talk about Andy Reid going FULL Andy Reid at the end of the first half and calling to timeouts for a Bucs team that was very content to go into halftime up by 8?

Yeah, that was a stupid decision. I'm fine with the first time out. The second time out when the Bucs were just at 3rd and 2 made no sense.

(02-08-2021, 05:35 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(02-08-2021, 05:26 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

Yeah, that was a stupid decision. I'm fine with the first time out. The second time out when the Bucs were just at 3rd and 2 made no sense.

On the flip side why is our d letting Evans get behind them in that situation?

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates