Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs @ Bucs - SB LV

(01-28-2021, 10:04 AM)DallasChief Wrote:  I don't see that anywhere.

Page 3 of the AFCCG thread. Regardless, SUPER BOWL!

(01-28-2021, 12:26 AM)warthog Wrote:  Super Bowl!

Super Bowl!

Good to see you, man.  I hope all is well.

Apparently no one is hiring EB for their head coaching vacancies.

I'm cool with this. I'm sure he may have turned down a dysfunctional organization or two and I do want to see him get his chance, but so long as the Chiefs can have the ridiculous coaching continuity they've had we're good. A team this good should be losing coaches left and right.

(01-28-2021, 01:57 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  Apparently no one is hiring EB for their head coaching vacancies.

I'm cool with this. I'm sure he may have turned down a dysfunctional organization or two and I do want to see him get his chance, but so long as the Chiefs can have the ridiculous coaching continuity they've had we're good. A team this good should be losing coaches left and right.

I'm bummed for Bienemy, but I think the best job available was probably the Chargers gig (and even they have terrible ownership), and I'm very cool with him not taking that.

There was some thought that Kafka might end up leaving before Bienemy does at this point. Which would suck. Also the chances of say bienemy getting a head coaching position would possibly take some of our other coaches with him, like house daly or Madison to be the DC. And that would also suck.

(01-28-2021, 11:51 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(01-28-2021, 10:04 AM)DallasChief Wrote:  I don't see that anywhere.

Page 3 of the AFCCG thread. Regardless, SUPER BOWL!

You expect me to keep track of when and where i say things? 

What kind of redic accountability is this?

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

(01-28-2021, 03:34 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(01-28-2021, 01:57 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  Apparently no one is hiring EB for their head coaching vacancies.

I'm bummed for Bienemy, but I think the best job available was probably the Chargers gig (and even they have terrible ownership), and I'm very cool with him not taking that.

Approx $24M cap space? Yes
Potential Franchise QB? Yes
Decent Draft Capital? Yes
Good Young Defensive Talent? Yes
Dean Spanos? Hard pass.

They still have a lot of needs, weak depth, a host city that barely acknowledges their existence, etc., but if not for that ownership it would be a very enticing job.

(01-28-2021, 05:37 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(01-28-2021, 03:34 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

Approx $24M cap space? Yes
Potential Franchise QB? Yes
Decent Draft Capital? Yes
Good Young Defensive Talent? Yes
Dean Spanos? Hard pass.

They still have a lot of needs, weak depth, a host city that barely acknowledges their existence, etc., but if not for that ownership it would be a very enticing job.

Again, I just think it was the best available.  I suppose someone (not me) might make the case for the Philly job, but I wouldn't want to fucking touch that situation.

Everyone on Around the Horn this afternoon said the Chiefs won this coach hiring cycle by virtue on not losing anyone.

(01-28-2021, 01:16 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(01-28-2021, 12:26 AM)warthog Wrote:  Super Bowl!

Super Bowl!

Good to see you, man.  I hope all is well.

Hey, thanks for asking man.  Everything is well.  I was really bummed to see the news about HG, he was a good man.  Everything’s been busy, had my first grandchild in September, in charge of a district office in KC, and the quarantine stuff really bummed me out.  This is going to sound weird, but every time I considered checking out the old Chiefs Huddle, I got a feeling I’d be jinxing the Chiefs chances.  I know, it’s weird.  

Right now, feeling really good about this team.  I was really confident we were going to beat the Bills handily, and I’ve got the same feeling about the Super Bowl.  Looking forward to reading all your takes on the Chiefs again and this Super Bowl.  Who would have thunk, all those years we’ve suffered on this site to now have this great of a team.

Super Bowl!