Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs vs. Bills - AFC Championship Game

(01-19-2021, 05:26 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(01-19-2021, 04:36 PM)DallasChief Wrote:  Chiefs can bring in Mark Ingram next season to back up CEH.

As some who has Ingram in a dynasty league, sign me up for this plan.

He's 31? Lot of miles and he looked much worse this year. Doubt he'd provide much more than what we've got. Especially if we keep damien

(01-19-2021, 05:23 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  I'd like to move on from Darrell. I know he's played tough. But he always looks like he's running in mud.

I was going to defend Darrel (apparently it's one L... who knew?) because I thought he looked better in limited snaps this year and his ypc were up significantly to a decent 4.3 ypc this season, but as I looked at advanced stats I noticed he wasn't credited with a single broken tackle in the regular season and only 1 in 2019. You need to get more than 1 broken tackle in 80 rushes, especially if you're going to see use as a goal line back.

Including his receptions on 125 touches the past 2 season Darrel has only 2 broken tackles, so that's a broken tackle every 62.5 touches. Clyde for comparison averages a broken tackle every 8.6 touches, but he's pretty damn awesome at it. Even Darwin Thompson had more broken tackles (3) in far less touches (33). So, seeing that really shook any confidence I did have in Darrel.

We could still potentially use a 3rd or later pick on a RB we like instead of investing money on a veteran, but a cheap vet chasing a ring might love the opportunity we present.

I am still on the hope plan that Darwin Thompson gets a chance. I don't see it happening considering how well he played against San Diego and didn't even get one run against the Browns.

[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!

Thompson sucks.

I forgot that Damien Williams will be back.

(01-20-2021, 10:10 AM)DallasChief Wrote:  Thompson sucks.

Damn. Who knew that running into immortality lasted less than a year.

A medical, concussion protocol, question. Has it been determined that it WAS a concussion? If not, then WHY is Mahomes still in concussion protocol? Was it called a concussion and then it wasn't a concussion but he still has to go through the protocol? Or can people not agree or just what it was? Confusing

(01-20-2021, 06:07 PM)Razorchief Wrote:  A medical, concussion protocol, question. Has it been determined that it WAS a concussion? If not, then WHY is Mahomes still in concussion protocol? Was it called a concussion and then it wasn't a concussion but he still has to go through the protocol? Or can people not agree or just what it was? Confusing
I feel that they could not decide what it was … so they just used the label "concussion" and made him go through the protocol.  I think there should be expedited protocols for borderline or questionable concussions like this.  When someone is no showing signs after this many days, perhaps it was not a concussion or a very slight one at worst.

[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!

The concussion protocol includes other neurological irregularities. Because he appeared to lose consciousness he has to go through the protocol to make sure he can match his baseline neuro readings.

Also, it's been reported (unsure if verified) that he did answer one game related question incorrectly which would lead them to label him as concussed.

(01-20-2021, 10:10 AM)DallasChief Wrote:  Thompson sucks.

Damien Williams was not awesome most of last regular season, but was so awesome in the playoffs that I am excited to see him back and backing up/change-of-pacing CEH next season.  Should be great.

Darwin Thompson, what happened bud?

I'll say that while I'm uncertain if this is really appropriate use of the concussion protocol, it's better to err on the side of caution and overall the concussion protocol has been a great success.

I had my doubts initially since doctors are well known for exaggerating the amount of time needed to heal certain ailments (ex: "Don't lift 50 lb.s for 2 weeks"), especially knowing many of their patients will ignore them anyway. But I've always been in favor of the intentions of the protocols and they've worked out well overall. It has dropped the recurrence and severity of concussions significantly, at least if the league is to be believed.