Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs vs. Browns - Divisional Round

And they called a bogus crackback block too.

(01-19-2021, 12:19 PM)DallasChief Wrote:  And they called a bogus crackback block too.

Yeah. I really wasn't clear on what they were alleging happened there. Was really hoping Romo would talk about that one but they glossed right over it.

(01-19-2021, 11:24 AM)NOLA Wrote:  
(01-19-2021, 08:46 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  I'm shocked at the ridiculous people upset not specifically with Dirty Dan's hit, but that a fumble into the endzone out of bounds is a touchback.

It's always been a touchback. It's a well known rule only previously hated by the Dallas Cowboys and Leon Lett.

I heard Bill Cowher refer to it as the most punitive penalty in football, but it's not a penalty it's a loss of possession. There's a massive difference.

Is this just because people are already sick of seeing us win and just gotta bitch and moan?

Also, the refs that called us for nearly twice as many penalties are totally on our side and tilting the game for us. People are just so salty.

Yeah, Browns fans have no right to be pissed about that touchback rule.  It is what it is.

But the refs for sure missed a helmet-to-helmet call on that play.  There's no denying that on replay, but they didn't see it live.

There's plenty of chiefs fans denying it but I digress. 
Neither ref had a good angle of the collision and I'd rather them side with not calling it over calling it when they just assumed it must have happened.

(01-19-2021, 12:35 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(01-19-2021, 11:24 AM)NOLA Wrote:  
(01-19-2021, 08:46 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  I'm shocked at the ridiculous people upset not specifically with Dirty Dan's hit, but that a fumble into the endzone out of bounds is a touchback.

It's always been a touchback. It's a well known rule only previously hated by the Dallas Cowboys and Leon Lett.

I heard Bill Cowher refer to it as the most punitive penalty in football, but it's not a penalty it's a loss of possession. There's a massive difference.

Is this just because people are already sick of seeing us win and just gotta bitch and moan?

Also, the refs that called us for nearly twice as many penalties are totally on our side and tilting the game for us. People are just so salty.

Yeah, Browns fans have no right to be pissed about that touchback rule.  It is what it is.

But the refs for sure missed a helmet-to-helmet call on that play.  There's no denying that on replay, but they didn't see it live.

There's plenty of chiefs fans denying it but I digress. 
Neither ref had a good angle of the collision and I'd rather them side with not calling it over calling it when they just assumed it must have happened.

Oh, I'm fine with it.  But I can't pretend that wasn't helmet to helmet--I'm pretty sure that's why he dropped the ball.

(01-19-2021, 12:32 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(01-19-2021, 12:19 PM)DallasChief Wrote:  And they called a bogus crackback block too.

Yeah. I really wasn't clear on what they were alleging happened there. Was really hoping Romo would talk about that one but they glossed right over it.

I tried to look it up. It might not have been called all year. I found where it was called once all regular season in 2019, also against the Chiefs.

https://www.nflpenalties.com/penalty/ill...&view=team

Pretty random to enforce it here.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...79460?s=20 Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter
·18m
Chiefs’ QB Patrick Mahomes cleared certain steps Monday, “some big steps”, but he remains in the NFL’s concussion protocol with what is considered a concussion and it’s too early to say that he definitely will play in Sunday’s conference championship vs. the Bills, per sources.

(01-19-2021, 03:31 PM)DallasChief Wrote:  https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...79460?s=20 Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter
·18m
Chiefs’ QB Patrick Mahomes cleared certain steps Monday, “some big steps”, but he remains in the NFL’s concussion protocol with what is considered a concussion and it’s too early to say that he definitely will play in Sunday’s conference championship vs. the Bills, per sources.

I still don't see how or what happened to make this a "concussion"... as it has been said here... it looked more like he got choked out or a pinched nerve. 

I do realize that the flavor of the day for the NFL is "the concussion protocol" but this scenario didn't look like any of the others that was observed to be a concussion except for the fact that he got up and stumbled.  I promise you, it does not take long to make reduce the amount of oxygen to make you light headed, especially when your heart rate is elevated due to physical activity.

[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!

(01-19-2021, 03:35 PM)mabbott Wrote:  
(01-19-2021, 03:31 PM)DallasChief Wrote:  https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...79460?s=20 Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter
·18m

I still don't see how or what happened to make this a "concussion"... as it has been said here... it looked more like he got choked out or a pinched nerve. 

I do realize that the flavor of the day for the NFL is "the concussion protocol" but this scenario didn't look like any of the others that was observed to be a concussion except for the fact that he got up and stumbled.  I promise you, it does not take long to make reduce the amount of oxygen to make you light headed, especially when your heart rate is elevated due to physical activity.
Jay Glazer was on Colin Cowherd and said the way Mahomes was tackled, with pretty much a MMA chokehold, could make someone go out in 2 seconds. He was very sure it was NOT a concussion but the result of a chokehold.

(01-19-2021, 05:55 PM)Razorchief Wrote:  

@AdamSchefter
·18m

Jay Glazer was on Colin Cowherd and said the way Mahomes was tackled, with pretty much a MMA chokehold, could make someone go out in 2 seconds. He was very sure it was NOT a concussion but the result of a chokehold.

Yep, trust Glazer on this. If I had to draw it up including the dude having his head tucked up against Mahomes' head it would have been pretty good form if that were what he was going for. Most of the time I'd say it'd take more like 4 seconds to knock someone out, but he's in the right neighborhood.

As someone who has been choked out before, I can tell you Mahomes was probably totally fine 20 minutes later.

BTW, I heard that the Browns players were wooping and hollering that "That's what we do!" when they took Mahomes out. That's not a good look on them, not that I think Mack Wilson intended to choke him out by any means.

(01-19-2021, 06:07 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(01-19-2021, 05:55 PM)Razorchief Wrote:  

@AdamSchefter
·18m

Yep, trust Glazer on this. If I had to draw it up including the dude having his head tucked up against Mahomes' head it would have been pretty good form if that were what he was going for. Most of the time I'd say it'd take more like 4 seconds to knock someone out, but he's in the right neighborhood.

As someone who has been choked out before, I can tell you Mahomes was probably totally fine 20 minutes later.

BTW, I heard that the Browns players were wooping and hollering that "That's what we do!" when they took Mahomes out. That's not a good look on them, not that I think Mack Wilson intended to choke him out by any means.
This is by far one of my favorite chokes to use as it uses the persons aggression and then body weight to make the choke even deeper.  I told my wife as soon as it happened that I can't believe he took that choke so well... and then he started wobbling...   I was disappointed to hear the concussion conclusion as it didn't look like it.

As long as PM isn't hurt that is what is really important.  He should be able to fly through the protocols if it wasn't a concussion.

[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!