Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs vs. Browns - Divisional Round

(01-17-2021, 11:05 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(01-17-2021, 09:14 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  When Andy flies he has to purchase 2 seats. One for him and one for his balls.

For a moment I thought that was going to be a fat joke. Instead...

[Image: ef18e3a96f509efdc9ca865c6b6d5792.jpg]

No lie. When Romo said "look at their body language, no way they are snapping this" i thought "holy shit. They are going to snap this"

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

Really sounds like it might not really be a concussion. More like he got choked out. Still will be waiting anxiously for Wednesday.

(01-18-2021, 09:42 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  Really sounds like it might not really be a concussion. More like he got choked out. Still will be waiting anxiously for Wednesday.

Yeah. Jay Glazer added some context saying Mahomes was nearly choked out. This jives with Reid saying Mahomes had the wind knocked out of him.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2021/01/18/p...efs-bills/

As someone who also has done some MMA I can confirm as Glazer did you can get silly legs by being dizzy from a lack of oxygen.

(01-18-2021, 12:09 AM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  
(01-17-2021, 11:05 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(01-17-2021, 09:14 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  When Andy flies he has to purchase 2 seats. One for him and one for his balls.

For a moment I thought that was going to be a fat joke. Instead...

[Image: ef18e3a96f509efdc9ca865c6b6d5792.jpg]

No lie. When Romo said "look at their body language, no way they are snapping this" i thought "holy shit. They are going to snap this"

For real.  I was surprised no one saw that coming.  They had some serious fumblerooski kinda energy going on.

(01-18-2021, 10:30 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(01-18-2021, 09:42 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  Really sounds like it might not really be a concussion. More like he got choked out. Still will be waiting anxiously for Wednesday.

Yeah. Jay Glazer added some context saying Mahomes was nearly choked out. This jives with Reid saying Mahomes had the wind knocked out of him.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2021/01/18/p...efs-bills/

As someone who also has done some MMA I can confirm as Glazer did you can get silly legs by being dizzy from a lack of oxygen.

Yeah, and when I saw the replay of the incident, the arm wrapped around his neck and the subsequent force landing, I can see how one can get the wind knocked out of itself/air restriction.

Another thing to consider is, in that whole motion, not once did I see that his head went in a violent manner that would make me think "Yeah, that's a concussion" such as landing on the turf or getting inadvertently kicked in the head by a flying foot.

I'm more than 99% confident Mahomes is playing next weekend.  I would truly be surprised if he doesn't.

Carrington Harrison on Twitter: "A source has told me “Patrick passed all of his tests last night. He didn’t actually hit his head, there was a nerve in his neck that got tweaked that made him out of it. He’s getting testing done on his neck/nerve today but did clear all tests last night.” @610SportsKC" / Twitter

I was like "nobody is going to jump on 4th and inches".

I'm shocked at the ridiculous people upset not specifically with Dirty Dan's hit, but that a fumble into the endzone out of bounds is a touchback.

It's always been a touchback. It's a well known rule only previously hated by the Dallas Cowboys and Leon Lett.

I heard Bill Cowher refer to it as the most punitive penalty in football, but it's not a penalty it's a loss of possession. There's a massive difference.

Is this just because people are already sick of seeing us win and just gotta bitch and moan?

Also, the refs that called us for nearly twice as many penalties are totally on our side and tilting the game for us. People are just so salty.

The pregame/halftime/post game shows on CBS are the worst football programs on TV.

(01-19-2021, 08:46 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  I'm shocked at the ridiculous people upset not specifically with Dirty Dan's hit, but that a fumble into the endzone out of bounds is a touchback.

It's always been a touchback. It's a well known rule only previously hated by the Dallas Cowboys and Leon Lett.

I heard Bill Cowher refer to it as the most punitive penalty in football, but it's not a penalty it's a loss of possession. There's a massive difference.

Is this just because people are already sick of seeing us win and just gotta bitch and moan?

Also, the refs that called us for nearly twice as many penalties are totally on our side and tilting the game for us. People are just so salty.

I've hated it for a long time. It's a dumb rule and I don't understand it's purpose. Any other place on the sideline and the ball stays with the offense where the player fumbled the ball. If it's just because of the back of the endzone is closer and eliminates some possibility of a defensive recovery I could kind of understand but it's if it goes out anywhere in the endzone.

(01-19-2021, 08:46 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  I'm shocked at the ridiculous people upset not specifically with Dirty Dan's hit, but that a fumble into the endzone out of bounds is a touchback.

Yeah, Browns fans have no right to be pissed about that touchback rule.  It is what it is.

But the refs for sure missed a helmet-to-helmet call on that play.  There's no denying that on replay, but they didn't see it live.