Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs vs. Browns - Divisional Round

(01-15-2021, 12:00 PM)mabbott Wrote:  
(01-14-2021, 10:56 PM)Coach Wrote:  I don't see the Chiefs getting much sacks (would be glad to be wrong here), because with a very make-shift offensive line that Cleveland have, I anticipate they will have a similar game plan that they used against Pittsburgh.

Quick passes in the middle of the field.  The Chiefs defense in the middle is pretty soft as well as defending the flats.  So I anticipate that Baker will be getting rid of the ball in less than 3 seconds, with an occasional long holding for a deep shot.
I see your point about them using the same game plan.  However, that game plan only worked because of the massive amount of turnovers.  I feel that if they take that same approach against the Chiefs, we would be able to force a couple turnovers off tipped passes.  Baker has a tendency to decide who he wants to go to and locks in on them regardless of the rest of the field.

I feel that our offense, if they keep scoring, can take Cleveland out of their offensive game plan.  When that happens, Cleveland typically doesn't fare well.

This is true, that the Browns has a huge advantage in regards to the turnovers.  We may be able to force a couple turnovers off tipped passes, but that's only if the defensive linemen are able to successfully dis-engage from their opponent and get their paws up in the air to clog the passing lanes.

Keep in mind that our LB crew is OK, but it does have the tendency to get exposed at times.  The Chiefs also has trouble trying to defend the flats, and with Kareem and Chubb catching it in the flats, they better hope they bring them down quickly before they get rolling.

And yes, if we can score 6 possessions in a row (like how we did against Houston), that would be great.  Really, the only thing stopping the Chiefs is the Chiefs themselves, particularly the offensive side of the ball.  They need to start treating every possession is their last possession to win/tie the game.  Minimize the 3 and outs/punting the ball away.

Great opening drive. I'm oddly calm about this game considering this game is a playoff game.

I'll check in at halftime to see if that is still the case.

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

Williams has activated his playoff mode.

We are still up by 5. But I'm loading hope. We are all to familiar with these types of momentum shifts in the playoffs. And we have no more mahomes.

Ho. Ly. Shit.

The balls on reid. Incredible

Chad Henne had to shit the bed by punting a ball to the endzone, only to redeem himself on a gusty effort on sacrificing his body on trying to get that first down, which the next subsequent play to Hill did get it.

I never lost confidence but I was anxious as hell. Heres to mahomes and his health.

Strangely, I feel like we'd still have a decent shot (underdogs, but a shot) against the bills without him. Probably because we ran the ball down their throat last time. I think we can do it again.

Don't forget in large part due to wind we missed out on 4 easy points. The game shouldn't have been as close as it was and we were well on our way to a simple and understated win without all of the old man diving heroics and ballsy playcalling.

When Andy flies he has to purchase 2 seats. One for him and one for his balls.

(01-17-2021, 09:14 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  When Andy flies he has to purchase 2 seats. One for him and one for his balls.

For a moment I thought that was going to be a fat joke. Instead...

[Image: ef18e3a96f509efdc9ca865c6b6d5792.jpg]