Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs vs. Browns - Divisional Round

(01-13-2021, 01:43 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  The Chiefs win too many close games, therefore the Browns will beat them.

While I must admit it will really hurt the Chiefs in the BCS standings not blowing out lesser teams... the Browns? The Browns have a -11 point differential, lost to the Jets, and only made the playoffs because they eeked out a 2 point win over the Steelers backups when they weren't spotted 4 turnovers in the first quarter. The Chiefs had the 2nd best point differential in the NFL before their backups lost to the Bolts in week 17, and if my Number Munchers lessons in elementary school were accurate +111 > -11.

This is what grasping at straws looks like. The exact reason you see desperately seek to find weakness in your opponent is itself a weakness of your own and far more so but you're in too much of a blind rage to know it.

The Chiefs defense will be their downfall
Of the remaining AFC teams, the Chiefs have the 2nd best scoring defense. The Browns have the worst and allowed 57 more points, and that's not an insignificant amount. That's as many points as the Chiefs allow in about two and a half games! And that's with the Chiefs often playing not to lose after sitting on early leads.

The Browns offense will eviscerate the Chiefs
Their offense is utterly inconsistent. They literally scored 10 points or less in 4 games. That's anemic.

No, I mean the running game
Now we're getting somewhere. The Browns have an excellent run game, but it's as inconsistent as the rest of their offense. They had 90 or less yards in half of their games. They will lose outright if that's the case. However, it's assumed that the Chiefs have some terrible run D. They have allowed the 12th most rushing yards, but that's not exactly the Achilles heel you'd hope it was, that's just slightly below average. They allow almost exactly a league average 4.5 ypc, so it isn't even as bad as it sounds.

Again, you're grasping at straws when the weakness you plan to exploit is merely an average unit instead of elite.

Yeah, but the Browns will control the clock with the run game
TOP is overrated. The Chiefs ran the most plays and averaged the most yards per drive. That's truly controlling the game.

I'm hoping the Chiefs just blow the doors off of them outright, but I'm expecting this to be like the divisional or conference title games last year: the Browns will get some kind of early lead which will evaporate by halftime before the Chiefs put the game out of reach in the second half.

Super Bowl!

The biggest standout to me from AKB's post is the Chiefs run more plays averaged per drive. Plays per drive wears out a defense more than TOP. Long protracted drives can beat defenses down. The other side to that is our defense is over there getting rest.

The playoffs were where the Chiefs showed their mettle and this is what made the team have the confidence that they can come back from anything. The Browns were letting the Steelers back into a game that they should have put away.

I am glad the Bills are playing the Ravens as they are a physical team. The punishment that will be delivered during that game will take a toll on whomever wins. The Browns were losing lineman all game last week. I can see our D line putting a lot of pressure on the Baker.

The hype about Hunt and this being "personal" is already tiring. Yes, it is personal, you personally lied to your employer. I had Hunts back and was mad about him being cut so quickly. I found out later that he lied directly to the Chiefs about the incident. Sorry, when you have the chance to tell the truth and you choose to lie.. that is personal... and the problem is yours.

[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!

Pretty much firing on all cylinders there, mabbott. Agreed on all fronts.

Anyway, here's the early injury report:

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/lists/ka...ry-report/

CEH was limited in practice. Everything else is pretty much as expected, including that Gay, Watkins, and Fenton did not practice.

The Browns have 3 starting offensive linemen limited right now. Could continue to be a huge story, as it was a growing story last week against the Steelers during the game, just like mabbott was saying.

I don't see the Chiefs getting much sacks (would be glad to be wrong here), because with a very make-shift offensive line that Cleveland have, I anticipate they will have a similar game plan that they used against Pittsburgh.

Quick passes in the middle of the field. The Chiefs defense in the middle is pretty soft as well as defending the flats. So I anticipate that Baker will be getting rid of the ball in less than 3 seconds, with an occasional long holding for a deep shot.

(01-14-2021, 10:56 PM)Coach Wrote:  I don't see the Chiefs getting much sacks (would be glad to be wrong here), because with a very make-shift offensive line that Cleveland have, I anticipate they will have a similar game plan that they used against Pittsburgh.

Quick passes in the middle of the field.  The Chiefs defense in the middle is pretty soft as well as defending the flats.  So I anticipate that Baker will be getting rid of the ball in less than 3 seconds, with an occasional long holding for a deep shot.
I see your point about them using the same game plan.  However, that game plan only worked because of the massive amount of turnovers.  I feel that if they take that same approach against the Chiefs, we would be able to force a couple turnovers off tipped passes.  Baker has a tendency to decide who he wants to go to and locks in on them regardless of the rest of the field.

I feel that our offense, if they keep scoring, can take Cleveland out of their offensive game plan.  When that happens, Cleveland typically doesn't fare well.

[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!

Final Injury Report

Watkins and Gay are Out. CEH, Fenton, and Yelder are Questionable. Fenton was the only one that practiced and he was limited. Fenton would be the most important of the 3 Questionable players to get back, defensive back depth could be tested as the game goes on.

Four Browns are Questionable, only one of their OLs was Questionable and limited in practice. However, if they're not 100% that still effects the game, especially later as pain killers wear off and inflammation creeps back in.

It's a good thing we had a bye, we are the less healthy team and it could have been a little worse without the extra week. Also, this is the first serious Browns playoff run since Darth Hoodie was still just a young first time head coach for them, so I'm not surprised if their players are extra motivated to play regardless of their condition.

(01-15-2021, 05:17 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  Final Injury Report

Watkins and Gay are Out. CEH, Fenton, and Yelder are Questionable. Fenton was the only one that practiced and he was limited. Fenton would be the most important of the 3 Questionable players to get back, defensive back depth could be tested as the game goes on.

Four Browns are Questionable, only one of their OLs was Questionable and limited in practice. However, if they're not 100% that still effects the game, especially later as pain killers wear off and inflammation creeps back in.

It's a good thing we had a bye, we are the less healthy team and it could have been a little worse without the extra week. Also, this is the first serious Browns playoff run since Darth Hoodie was still just a young first time head coach for them, so I'm not surprised if their players are extra motivated to play regardless of their condition.

Is Sammy Watkins even going to be in the league next year?

It's hard for me to get too worked up about this game. But I hope the team doesn't have that issue. I feel like we should really blow these guys away.