Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Other NFL teams 2021 offseason thread

(02-02-2021, 10:34 PM)DallasChief Wrote:  With all the QBs available, who would give anything for Carr?

Oh God! The Texans!

BO'B is gone, so hopefully, nobody.

Texans release JJ Watt.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2021/2/12...e-j-j-watt

The obvious thought is he wants a ring, but just as obvious is he'd like to play in Pittsburgh with his brother TJ. Perhaps this can still benefit the Chiefs even if they don't get in on the sweepstakes. Bud Dupree is up for grabs and if the Steelers get JJ it makes it far more likely the Chiefs could snag Dupree.

I don't have any interest in Watt even if he came in at the minimum. He's too injury proned.

(02-12-2021, 11:31 AM)DallasChief Wrote:  I don't have any interest in Watt even if he came in at the minimum.  He's too injury proned.

Yep, this.  Agreed.

I agree, which is part of why I mentioned the more affordable, younger, healthier Bud Dupree. Watt has been more healthy lately than you'd think, playing all 16 games of 2 of the last 3 years, but considering he's still likely to chew up a huge chunk of cap he would not be worth a risk on his health.

TBH, I'm more interested in seeing what the Broncos do with Von Miller this offseason. Consider some of his off field issues and health problems he could be far cheaper. Realistically our best hope to get an improved pass rush is the draft though.

(02-12-2021, 03:51 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  I agree, which is part of why I mentioned the more affordable, younger, healthier Bud Dupree. Watt has been more healthy lately than you'd think, playing all 16 games of 2 of the last 3 years, but considering he's still likely to chew up a huge chunk of cap he would not be worth a risk on his health.

TBH, I'm more interested in seeing what the Broncos do with Von Miller this offseason. Consider some of his off field issues and health problems he could be far cheaper. Realistically our best hope to get an improved pass rush is the draft though.

I'd be on board with Dupree.   I'm iffy on Miller.

(02-12-2021, 05:13 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(02-12-2021, 03:51 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  I agree, which is part of why I mentioned the more affordable, younger, healthier Bud Dupree. Watt has been more healthy lately than you'd think, playing all 16 games of 2 of the last 3 years, but considering he's still likely to chew up a huge chunk of cap he would not be worth a risk on his health.

I'd be on board with Dupree.   I'm iffy on Miller.

Me too, it's just he might literally be $7M/year cheaper than JJ Watt or more. If you could get Miller at like $5M for a single year (who knows) chasing a ring, it's a relatively small opportunity cost for a potentially huge benefit.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3096...agent-says

So Russ isn't demanding a trade, but he does have a list of the only teams he'd accept being traded to. Nothing wrong that situation I'm sure. Anyway, the four teams are the Raiders, Saints, Cowboys, and Bears. I have always wanted to see what Sean Payton could do with Russell (also a short QB), but I also don't want to see Russ in Las Vegas. Not because I think they'd suddenly become a threat, but just because I like Russ and don't want to see Gruden continue to fuck up his career the way Pete Carroll has.

It's a strange list if you ask me. Other than New Orleans, I don't see the appeal of the other 3.