Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs @ Dolphins - Week 14 Miami Bound

(12-12-2020, 12:18 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  I'm taking the Chiefs by double digits this week. Which is more of an indictment on miami's offense than it is anything else. Our offense will score some points and i don't see tua keeping up. Theyd have a better shot with fitzmagic.
So, would you like to reflect on your comment?

I have watched Tua for years.  I thought that he has the skill to be an NFL quarterback but I doubted if he would get out of the "run" mentality.  Last night showed me that he has the potential to be a solid starting NFL quarterback.  I am not a fan of Fitzpatrick.. he is too hot and cold.

[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!

(12-14-2020, 12:59 PM)mabbott Wrote:  
(12-12-2020, 12:18 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  I'm taking the Chiefs by double digits this week. Which is more of an indictment on miami's offense than it is anything else. Our offense will score some points and i don't see tua keeping up. Theyd have a better shot with fitzmagic.

I have watched Tua for years.  I thought that he has the skill to be an NFL quarterback but I doubted if he would get out of the "run" mentality.  Last night showed me that he has the potential to be a solid starting NFL quarterback.  I am not a fan of Fitzpatrick.. he is too hot and cold.

Well I can't say I watched the whole game. But it was 30-10 after 3 quarters and we were down close to the redzone probably going to make it 37-10 when mahomes threw his 3rd int. The dolphins had less than 200 yards of offense through 3 quarters. Their two scoring drives to that point were of 44 and 34 yards. Theyd had another scoring opportunity of a drive of 30 yards.
To that point it was a blowout and mahomes had already thrown 2 ints. His 3rd int energized the dolphins to the point they made it a game. I'd also suggest without knowing that spags may have changed the defense scheme in the 4th.
Regardless, tua completed less than 60% of his passes, for 6.6 yards per attempt. And had a qbr of 31. Can't say I was impressed.

(12-14-2020, 03:13 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  

Well I can't say I watched the whole game. But it was 30-10 after 3 quarters and we were down close to the redzone probably going to make it 37-10 when mahomes threw his 3rd int. The dolphins had less than 200 yards of offense through 3 quarters. Their two scoring drives to that point were of 44 and 34 yards. Theyd had another scoring opportunity of a drive of 30 yards.
To that point it was a blowout and mahomes had already thrown 2 ints. His 3rd int energized the dolphins to the point they made it a game. I'd also suggest without knowing that spags may have changed the defense scheme in the 4th.
Regardless, tua completed less than 60% of his passes, for 6.6 yards per attempt. And had a qbr of 31. Can't say I was impressed.
His last three drives were impressive.  I guess I just give more credit to rookie quarterbacks learning their way.  We are just spoiled with Mahomes, before him I think we would have been happy drafting a rookie like Tua… compared to the other quarterbacks not named Mahomes that we have drafted.

You are correct, the first three quarters were nothing to write home to Mom about, I credit that to our Defense.  Our Defense has made much better offenses than Miami look bad as well... but then again our Defense has made worse offenses look good too... lol

[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!

(12-14-2020, 06:16 PM)mabbott Wrote:  
(12-14-2020, 03:13 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  

His last three drives were impressive.  I guess I just give more credit to rookie quarterbacks learning their way.  We are just spoiled with Mahomes, before him I think we would have been happy drafting a rookie like Tua… compared to the other quarterbacks not named Mahomes that we have drafted.

You are correct, the first three quarters were nothing to write home to Mom about, I credit that to our Defense.  Our Defense has made much better offenses than Miami look bad as well... but then again our Defense has made worse offenses look good too... lol

Well, yeah we would have liked any QB we drafted that could actually win a game.