Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs Mahomes v. Brady IV

(11-30-2020, 01:53 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(11-30-2020, 01:04 PM)DallasChief Wrote:  The defensive line isn't getting much pressure on QBs.

Before this past weeks games the chiefs were 1st in qb pressures but somewhere around middle of the pack on sacks. I dont know how it shook out after this week but pressures weren't really the issue this year.
From the stats they were showing during the game, it looked like he was hurried, hit, or knocked down almost 50% of the plays.  That seems pretty good.

[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!

(11-29-2020, 10:34 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  Brady has went 0-19, 0 TDs, 3 INTs, and a 0.0 QB rating on 20+ yard passes over the last 4 games.

Brady has lost his deep ball. If anything is a definitive piece of evidence he is finally toast this is it.
Well he got his first 20+ yard pass completion in the last 5 games against us, so there's that.

(11-30-2020, 03:32 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(11-29-2020, 11:30 AM)NOLA Wrote:  
(11-29-2020, 10:34 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  Brady has went 0-19, 0 TDs, 3 INTs, and a 0.0 QB rating on 20+ yard passes over the last 4 games.

Brady has lost his deep ball. If anything is a definitive piece of evidence he is finally toast this is it.

I think it's more timing and chemistry than arm strength tho.  Brees can't throw deep anymore.  Brady can, it's just not working.

I think it's a matter of control. He can't control his arm the way he used to, and I've always heard that goes long before arm strength.

It's totally possible I'm wrong and it's just chemistry, but if that were the case we should be expecting him to get better as the season goes on, not worse.

That's interesting.  I hadn't heard that before, but it makes sense.

(11-30-2020, 06:02 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(11-30-2020, 03:32 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(11-29-2020, 11:30 AM)NOLA Wrote:  

I think it's more timing and chemistry than arm strength tho.  Brees can't throw deep anymore.  Brady can, it's just not working.

I think it's a matter of control. He can't control his arm the way he used to, and I've always heard that goes long before arm strength.

It's totally possible I'm wrong and it's just chemistry, but if that were the case we should be expecting him to get better as the season goes on, not worse.

That's interesting.  I hadn't heard that before, but it makes sense.

Yeah. I've heard this from at least a few different sources in regards to Favre and then later Manning. Makes sense to me.

In Manning's case he admitted to having numbness in his fingertips which is why he'd wear a glove on both hands, but that's probably directly related to his neck surgery and injecting dead babies directly into himself or whatever sinister bargain he made.

(11-30-2020, 01:53 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(11-30-2020, 01:04 PM)DallasChief Wrote:  The defensive line isn't getting much pressure on QBs.

Before this past weeks games the chiefs were 1st in qb pressures but somewhere around middle of the pack on sacks. I dont know how it shook out after this week but pressures weren't really the issue this year.
I disagree.  

KC is creating pressure with big blitzes, and they're not getting home. That's generally not good.

I'd be curious of their pressure rate with a 4 man front, but in a vacuum that stat doesnt say too much.

Brady went from the erhardt-perkins offense to the air coryell offense. First time ever in an offense that is philosophically different, particularly in how it handles blitzes.

He had no offseason or preseason, and training camp was limited.

He has 28 tds, 11 ints, and is 7-5. What's he struggling most with? Blitzes. Protections and hot routes arent the same. Guy is trying to overwrite 20 years of muscle memory.

People had unrealistic expectations tbh. I think hes done well transitioning to one of the more difficult offensive schemes.