Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs @ Ravens - Week 3 MNF, AFC Championship Preview?

Not going to be many games this year where someone else is the favorites over the Chiefs. This game opened up at -3 Baltimore and actually has stayed put or slightly widened (-3.5) since. This is basically a pick 'em game, but it's a rare moment where other team's fans are picking against us in part because if the Chiefs win this, who the hell is going to beat them?

Gotta leave some room for hope, the rest of the NFL.

However, the Chiefs have owned recent history against Baltimore, including the last 3 meetings, 2 of which were against Lamar Jackson. These were close victories, but maybe it's a mental hurdle for Lamar and Company, like showing up in the playoffs.

It's an inconvenient fact that the Chiefs may be without both of their top corners, Ward is nursing a broken hand but may play in a cast while Breeland is still serving a suspension. However, if the Chiefs can apply pressure the way they have the first two weeks, the defense may be able to flip the script on the Ravens vaunted offense. The Chiefs have the 2nd best pressure rating (37.2%) so far while using far less blitzes than a team like the Ravens. Flushing a running QB out while rushing just 4 is a great way to prevent chunk plays and force mistakes.

Speaking of which, the Ravens have blitzed nearly half of the time, 47.1%, which is a lot. Mahomes actually has a higher career passer rating vs. 5+ rushers compared to 4 or less (according to Next Gen Stats heading into the SB last year). Take someone out of coverage, he not only gets rid of it quick, he'll eventually make you pay.

Well I hope our o-line and play calling is better this week. I thought we would give the Bolts fits not have to kick multiple 58 yard field goals to win.

[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!

I'm guessing this is the week that the ravens jump to favorites in the national media if they werent already. Im guessing they beat us now.

(09-23-2020, 04:29 PM)mabbott Wrote:  Well I hope our o-line and play calling is better this week. I thought we would give the Bolts fits not have to kick multiple 58 yard field goals to win.

Every year we struggle with the bolts. They are the only afcw team we have lost to in the last 3 years i think.

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

(09-23-2020, 10:41 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  
(09-23-2020, 04:29 PM)mabbott Wrote:  Well I hope our o-line and play calling is better this week. I thought we would give the Bolts fits not have to kick multiple 58 yard field goals to win.

Every year we struggle with the bolts. They are the only afcw team we have lost to in the last 3 years i think.

Previous loss was the Raiders in 2017, the Thursday Night Do-Over game, I believe. Our division record is ridiculous if not historic.

(09-24-2020, 07:53 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  

Previous loss was the Raiders in 2017, the Thursday Night Do-Over game, I believe. Our division record is ridiculous if not historic.

We lost once to the bolts. It was like a last minute comeback and they won in the final seconds if I'm not mistaken.

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

(09-24-2020, 10:04 AM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  

We lost once to the bolts. It was like a last minute comeback and they won in the final seconds if I'm not mistaken.

December of 2018.

(09-24-2020, 10:16 AM)NOLA Wrote:  

December of 2018.
With a 2 point conversion

(09-24-2020, 10:49 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(09-24-2020, 10:16 AM)NOLA Wrote:  
(09-23-2020, 10:41 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  Every year we struggle with the bolts. They are the only afcw team we have lost to in the last 3 years i think.

December of 2018.
With a 2 point conversion

[Image: tenor.gif]

Yes, I was agreeing. Before the one loss to the Bolts it was the Raiders loss, so it has been our only divisional loss in 3 years. Broncos haven't beat us since September 17th, 2015, a game we frankly should have won and later should have brought to overtime before Charles fumbled the ball.

Man, I remember when being a Chiefs fan was hard. We are blessed right now.