Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs @ Chargers - Week 2 Afternoon Division Opener

We're about to get our first taste of what the division has done in response to the Chiefs winning the Super Bowl.

Chargers getting the 'Rod?
In the case of the Chargers their solution to having a SB champ in the division was to end their long term relationship with the in more ways than one potent Philip Rivers and instead choose Tyrod Taylor as Mr. Right Now and Justin Herbert as Mr. Right, like, eventually. I think both are going to be abysmal failures, but for right now the Chiefs gotta just be concerned with Tyrod.

I often hear Tyrod Taylor is a poor man's Alex Smith. At one point four years ago maybe, but if we're being honest there is no such thing.

If you aren't managing a game well you aren't Alex Smith at all, you're just failing slower than others. Tyrod's 64.5 quarterback rating the last year he was given a shot as a starter tells you he is not. Tyrod has only started 4 games since he went to Cleveland in 2018 including yesterday, Alex started in 10 and his leg looked like it belonged on a Dark Souls boss or he'd still be starting. There is no comparison.

And forgive me if I'm not impressed with a below average performance against a bad Bengals team.

OVERREACTION MONDAY!!!
OMG! THE BOLTS RAN FOR 155 YARDS AS A TEAM! THEY'RE BEASTING!!!
A) Against the Bengals. B) On 39 carries, so it's just under 4 ypc which is actually lower than their average ypc last season and not good.

OMG! THE BOLTS HELD MIXON TO 69 (nice!) RUSHING YARDS! THEY'RE A BRICK WALL!!!
Gave up 4.3 ypc as a team, which is more than the 3.9 ypc the Bengals averaged last year.

Oh... At least Tyrod was efficient?!
0 INTs, but 0 TDs and barely completed over half his passes.

...oh.

I was going to keep going, but even statistically there ain't many real mirages to give the Chargers imaginary fans hope other than a W in the win column against what they know is not the Chiefs. They were an average team that took a step back, we know how this is going to go.

What will we actually see?
Mahomes gets another joyous chance to destroy a Gus Bradley style Cover 3 defense. This is not an exotic defense, in fact it's reached a real saturation point in the NFL and it's losing its effectiveness. Many of Mahomes' best games have came against this scheme, including specifically against the Chargers.

Other than that, we'll get to hear battlecries of "wait until Derwin James is healthy". If you can't hang with us until everything is perfect for you then you can't hang with us.

Even if they had Derwin James healthy, their offense still isn't capable of hanging with us anyways. Their QB is Tyrod Taylor for goodness sakes.

(09-14-2020, 08:28 PM)Coach Wrote:  Even if they had Derwin James healthy, their offense still isn't capable of hanging with us anyways.  Their QB is Tyrod Taylor for goodness sakes.

Exactly. Also a safety can make a lot of difference, but it's not the difference between damn near losing to the Bengals and beating the Champs.

Well, I am just hoping this game is on local TV... Because ... California

[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!

(09-17-2020, 11:19 AM)mabbott Wrote:  Well, I am just hoping this game is on local TV... Because ... California

http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/sh...p?tid=3055

Looks like you're good.  This seems to be the national game/game of the week.  I suspect KC will be broadcast nationwide a lot.

It's good to be the king.  Big Grin

Last year I think I watched 5 Chiefs game on Sunday Ticket, the others were shown locally. That said, this week they're showing Ravens v Texans in DFW.

(09-17-2020, 02:34 PM)DallasChief Wrote:  Last year I think I watched 5 Chiefs game on Sunday Ticket, the others were shown locally.  That said, this week they're showing Ravens v Texans in DFW.

I honestly expected to get Houston here as well.  The Mahomes draw is real.  CBS knows what people want to watch.

Hell yeah. Get to watch this one without breaking out the malware heavy streams.

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

(09-17-2020, 05:03 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(09-17-2020, 02:34 PM)DallasChief Wrote:  Last year I think I watched 5 Chiefs game on Sunday Ticket, the others were shown locally.  That said, this week they're showing Ravens v Texans in DFW.

I honestly expected to get Houston here as well.  The Mahomes draw is real.  CBS knows what people want to watch.
and we get the top crew. Despite playing tyrod.

Don't always have to win pretty. But I'll take it.

Butker with 3 game winning kicks.

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates