Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NFL 2020 Other Games Thread

Rumors abound that he is headed here.

(10-14-2020, 09:24 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  Rumors abound that he is headed here.

Why?  Is there a problem with Clyde I'm not seeing?

(10-14-2020, 10:30 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(10-14-2020, 09:24 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  Rumors abound that he is headed here.

Why?  Is there a problem with Clyde I'm not seeing?

It's not so much ceh as the backup situation. But I'd say I've seen lanes open for ceh that he just hasn't run through for whatever reason.

4 falcons tested positive.

Word on the street (via an ESPN reporter) is Le'Veon Bell has narrowed down his choice for new team to three teams: the Dolphins, the Bills, and the Chiefs.

(10-15-2020, 09:11 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  4 falcons tested positive.

Man, I hate the Falcons and I love to dunk on them, but I can't even find any humor in this.  That sucks.

(10-15-2020, 01:26 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(10-15-2020, 09:11 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  4 falcons tested positive.

Man, I hate the Falcons and I love to dunk on them, but I can't even find any humor in this.  That sucks.
Well, follow up reports say it just one confirmed case of a staff member. So we'll see.

Sounds like Michael Thomas might be available for trade bait. Got the scoop from a massage therapist who works on some of the guys on the team, and apparently the fight he got into in practice was based around politics, and after the fight he told Payton to suck his dick, so they suspended him for a game. He apparently did not like the suspension, and was out yesterday with a hamstring injury (not the reason he was originally out, and ankle sprain).

I don't think he's necessary or even really fits the offense in KC (he's a possession guy, not a speed guy), but he's a fucking incredible receiver.

(10-26-2020, 04:55 PM)NOLA Wrote:  Sounds like Michael Thomas might be available for trade bait.  Got the scoop from a massage therapist who works on some of the guys on the team, and apparently the fight he got into in practice was based around politics, and after the fight he told Payton to suck his dick, so they suspended him for a game.  He apparently did not like the suspension, and was out yesterday with a hamstring injury (not the reason he was originally out, and ankle sprain).

I don't think he's necessary or even really fits the offense in KC (he's a possession guy, not a speed guy), but he's a fucking incredible receiver.

Pretty well agree that he's not a need or a fit, and obviously the Chiefs would be better with him because duh.

Trading Thomas now would result in a $20m dead cap hit next season if I understand correctly. The Saints are scheduled to be $81.5m in the hole as it stands. I know the cap is basically an illusion and the Saints continued existence is a testament to this, but suddenly being $100m in the hole for 2021 sounds about impossible.

I don't know if it's even possible for the Saints to get rid of him at this point of his contract, even though they could sure use the cheap rookies they'd get in his place to balance out their cap.

(10-27-2020, 10:11 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(10-26-2020, 04:55 PM)NOLA Wrote:  Sounds like Michael Thomas might be available for trade bait.  Got the scoop from a massage therapist who works on some of the guys on the team, and apparently the fight he got into in practice was based around politics, and after the fight he told Payton to suck his dick, so they suspended him for a game.  He apparently did not like the suspension, and was out yesterday with a hamstring injury (not the reason he was originally out, and ankle sprain).

Pretty well agree that he's not a need or a fit, and obviously the Chiefs would be better with him because duh.

Trading Thomas now would result in a $20m dead cap hit next season if I understand correctly. The Saints are scheduled to be $81.5m in the hole as it stands. I know the cap is basically an illusion and the Saints continued existence is a testament to this, but suddenly being $100m in the hole for 2021 sounds about impossible.

I don't know if it's even possible for the Saints to get rid of him at this point of his contract, even though they could sure use the cheap rookies they'd get in his place to balance out their cap.

Yeah... shit's gonna get real when Brees retires.