Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs Defending Super Bowl Champs Opening Game Thread

CEH is for real

(09-10-2020, 11:26 PM)NOLA Wrote:  CEH is for real
I had the number 8 pick in my fantasy Draft. 

He went number 7.

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

(09-10-2020, 09:41 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  This team looked rusty....... For like a drive and a half. Love what I'm seeing on both sides of the ball tonight.

Yep.  The team that won the Super Bowl seven months ago looks improved.  I also realized/remembered tonight that Mahomes was hurt literally ALL of last season.

Mahomes is no longer hurt.

(09-10-2020, 11:27 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  

He went number 7.

I picked 7 and he went 6 in one league. The other was an auction league and I pushed him clear up into the $60 range before I eventually relented.

(09-11-2020, 08:00 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(09-10-2020, 11:27 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  

He went number 7.

I picked 7 and he went 6 in one league. The other was an auction league and I pushed him clear up into the $60 range before I eventually relented.

I ended up with dalvin cook. Which im happy with. But damn i think CEH is going to have a monster year. KC wanted to get him that second td so bad last night.

(09-10-2020, 09:41 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  This team looked rusty....... For like a drive and a half. Love what I'm seeing on both sides of the ball tonight.

I'm not even sure I agree with that. They damn near got a deep strike on the first drive on offense. Not midseason form yet, but even rusty might be overselling it. Is "shaking off the cobwebs" better than "shaking off the rust"? Whichever is lesser, that was us.

All around team performance though. The Chiefs have a real and versatile running game now, so our offense is more unstoppabler. The defense even missing Breeland, Ward (most of the game), and a couple DLs balled out. I feel it's really important to remember that Texans team is good and almost certainly playoff bound too, barring injuries to Watson and Watt.

Now let's give Andy Reid a mini-bye week to clean off his visor and prepare for the Tyrod Taylor led Bolts (man, that sounds weird) so we can continue this never ending victory lap.

I'd like to credit the texans looking pathetic solely to the Chiefs spectacular play but i can't help but feel like the texans are due for a pretty big letdown this year. Did they add anyone on defense or they all just a year older? And the offense sorely missed Hopkins.

I wouldn't be surprised if they missed the playoffs this year.

(09-11-2020, 08:31 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  I'd like to credit the texans looking pathetic solely to the Chiefs spectacular play but i can't help but feel like the texans are due for a pretty big letdown this year. Did they add anyone on defense or they all just a year older? And the offense sorely missed Hopkins.

PJ Hall is their biggest free agent, literally, on defense. He's okay, a lot of talent, hasn't really shown it yet. They were missing a couple players too due to injury.

Their defense might take a slight step back. I expect their offense (-Hopkins but +David Johnson, +Brandin Cooks, and +Randall Cobb) probably is about the same. If anything is worth pointing out, it's that their coaching staff is a couple new coordinators and BoB. The talent is still there, but they have to overcome their coaches.

With the expanded playoffs I fully expect this team to make it unless the Colts (7-9) AND Titans (9-7) get more wins than last year. However, I will point out the Texans had a -7 point differential last year, so you may be on to something. They might not be a legit 10 win team and as such can't be a lock in any reasonable person's mind knowing that.

(09-11-2020, 09:05 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(09-11-2020, 08:31 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  I'd like to credit the texans looking pathetic solely to the Chiefs spectacular play but i can't help but feel like the texans are due for a pretty big letdown this year. Did they add anyone on defense or they all just a year older? And the offense sorely missed Hopkins.

PJ Hall is their biggest free agent, literally, on defense. He's okay, a lot of talent, hasn't really shown it yet. They were missing a couple players too due to injury.

Their defense might take a slight step back. I expect their offense (-Hopkins but +David Johnson, +Brandin Cooks, and +Randall Cobb) probably is about the same. If anything is worth pointing out, it's that their coaching staff is a couple new coordinators and BoB. The talent is still there, but they have to overcome their coaches.

With the expanded playoffs I fully expect this team to make it unless the Colts (7-9) AND Titans (9-7) get more wins than last year. However, I will point out the Texans had a -7 point differential last year, so you may be on to something. They might not be a legit 10 win team and as such can't be a lock in any reasonable person's mind knowing that.
As long as O'Brien is in town this team will never achieve anything meaningful. They are doomed to forever be a first round out. (dispute them making past it last year).

So, Ward fractured his hand. We're going to be even thinner at CB until Breeland gets back.