Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2020 Fantasy Football Thread

(09-01-2020, 10:10 AM)NOLA Wrote:  I like your team a lot.  Good work.

However, I think the proposal for an auction every year on your own team for a dynasty league is fucking insane.  That is literally the same thing as a redraft league.  Just do your rookie draft as an auction every year.  How is that not obvious?  You spend the $200 on the rookies.  Sure, their values will seem inflated compared to what you spend on your initial draft class, but it's fictional money, just like the NFL salary cap.

Yeah, this won't be a dynasty league. It would be a keeper league. For awhile my redraft league let you keep 2 players for up to 2 years but you forfeited the draft pick from the round you picked the player the first year and then a round higher if you kept him again.

The best part of an auction draft is also its worst part. You have to be involved the whole time. There's no 10-20 pick wait that you can step away for. That means you can get anybody but anybody could get put up at any time.

However, I think the proposal for an auction every year on your own team for a dynasty league is fucking insane.  That is literally the same thing as a redraft league.  Just do your rookie draft as an auction every year.  How is that not obvious?  You spend the $200 on the rookies.  Sure, their values will seem inflated compared to what you spend on your initial draft class, but it's fictional money, just like the NFL salary cap.

Another idea is to put 5 players or so from each team back into the draft pool with the rookies.

(09-03-2020, 07:02 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  

Another idea is to put 5 players or so from each team back into the draft pool with the rookies.

I like that idea. I'll float it.

Every year for the last 5 years I've joined a random espn auction league. This is the first year I've done it without having done a mock auction beforehand.

(09-05-2020, 11:41 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  Every year for the last 5 years I've joined a random espn auction league. This is the first year I've done it without having done a mock auction beforehand.

It's got a lot of similar players to my trams.i don't like carrying 2 defenses though unless you plan on keeping one long term but the other has the better week 1 matchup.

I dig it, though.

(09-06-2020, 07:20 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(09-05-2020, 11:41 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  Every year for the last 5 years I've joined a random espn auction league. This is the first year I've done it without having done a mock auction beforehand.

It's got a lot of similar players to my trams.i don't like carrying 2 defenses though unless you plan on keeping one long term but the other has the better week 1 matchup.

I dig it, though.

I used to stream defenses but then would inevitably get stuck with a subpar option for the playoffs. Now I draft two, see which one is going to be best for the long haul and then stream the other when needed. Or drop for a position player that's doing well. Around playoff time I dump a bench stash and run with 3 defenses that have excellent schedules for the playoffs.

(09-06-2020, 08:25 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(09-06-2020, 07:20 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  

I dig it, though.

I used to stream defenses but then would inevitably get stuck with a subpar option for the playoffs. Now I draft two, see which one is going to be best for the long haul and then stream the other when needed. Or drop for a position player that's doing well. Around playoff time I dump a bench stash and run with 3 defenses that have excellent schedules for the playoffs.

I like the last idea, particularly if I have questionable depth going into the playoffs, but most of the time I'm just trying to snipe skill positions I think my opponent(s) will need.

Excellent start to the season for me. Leading both my games, top projected finish in one league and second in the other for week 1 scoring.

Got a safe 55 point lead plus James Conner vs. Daniel Jones and Melvin Gordon in the weird dynasty thing.
Got a less safe 10 point plus James Conner and Noah Fant vs. JuJu Smith-Schuster in the money league

Feeling pretty good really. Can't wait to see how this goes south.

I'm up by 1 point going into tonight's games. I had to sit Sutton because he may play tonight. I have Ben R and the Pitt D against the Pitt K.