Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2020 Fantasy Football Thread

(08-30-2020, 12:46 PM)NOLA Wrote:  So, I'm in a decade+ old twelve team dynasty league.  Email rookie draft has been going on about a week.  4 rounds, we're halfway through the third-round.  I lost my league on a point adjustment the Thursday after week 16 last year--which some SERIOUS bullshit--so I started with the 11th pick in each round.  Going back to last year, I traded Jimmmy Garoppolo for 3.1 (I was about to cut him).  I traded Adam Thielen for Mark Ingram and a swap of 1.11 for 1.8, then traded David Johnson and 2.11 for 1.4.  Drafted D'Andre Smith at 1.4 (CEH, Taylor, and Dobbins were already off the board), and Jalen Reagor at 1.8 (Akers, Lamb, and Jeudy went after my 1.4 pick).  Got Chase Claypool with 3.1.

So I turned Adam Thielen, David Johnson, Jimmy G, and 1.11 and 2.11 into (EDIT: ) Mark Ingram, D'Andre Smith, Jalen Reagor and Chase Claypool.  Plan to target TE Adam Trautman with 3.11 and will add an EDR with 4.11 and another LB in free agency.  Thoughts?  Criticisms?  I'm very bored.

Projected Week 1 starting lineup (bench players in parenthesis and split up between WR, RB, and Flex spots):

QB: Lamar Jackson (bench: Mahomes, Tannehill)
RB1: Austin Ekeler (bench: Justin Jackson, Darwin Thompson)
RB2: Mark Ingram (bench: Gus Edwards, Chase Edmonds, Bryce Love)
WR1: DJ Moore (bench: AJ Green, Breshard Perriman)
WR2: Allen Robinson (bench: Sammy Watkins, Chase Claypool, Jakobi Meyers)
FLEX: Devin Singletary (bench: Jalen Reagor, D'Andre Smith)
TE: Kelce (bench: Christopher Herndon)
K: Butker
LB1: Darius Leonard
LB2: TBD
EDR/IL: TBD
S/CB: Jamal Adams
S/CB: Tracy Walker

First off I'm assuming D'Andre Smith is swift? 2nd of all I dont love your swap of thielen for ingram but I do understand it. Thirdly, I'd be looking to trade lamar for an insane price. I'm not so worried about him getting hurt as I am just thinking you have an abundance of riches with him and mahomes and I feel like after his last season you could get a kings ransom. Lastly, id be hoping swift breaks out because I'm not sure how much longer ingram will be a big dog and I love ekeler but I doubt he lasts in a feature role for very long.

Also, what the hell is edr?

My main league. Ppr, custom qb scoring (.5 for completion, -.5 for incompletion)

Drafted 4th.

Qb: Allen & mayfield
Rb: Elliott; swift; moss
Rb: jacobs; dobbins; Chris Thompson (pre fournette release)
Wr: theilen; diontae johnson
Wr: juju: laviska shanault (will probably drop for a kicker, i don't draft kickers)
Te: engram; doyle
Flex: cupp
Def: colts & steelers

(09-01-2020, 11:01 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(08-30-2020, 12:46 PM)NOLA Wrote:  So, I'm in a decade+ old twelve team dynasty league.  Email rookie draft has been going on about a week.  4 rounds, we're halfway through the third-round.  I lost my league on a point adjustment the Thursday after week 16 last year--which some SERIOUS bullshit--so I started with the 11th pick in each round.  Going back to last year, I traded Jimmmy Garoppolo for 3.1 (I was about to cut him).  I traded Adam Thielen for Mark Ingram and a swap of 1.11 for 1.8, then traded David Johnson and 2.11 for 1.4.  Drafted D'Andre Smith at 1.4 (CEH, Taylor, and Dobbins were already off the board), and Jalen Reagor at 1.8 (Akers, Lamb, and Jeudy went after my 1.4 pick).  Got Chase Claypool with 3.1.

So I turned Adam Thielen, David Johnson, Jimmy G, and 1.11 and 2.11 into (EDIT: ) Mark Ingram, D'Andre Smith, Jalen Reagor and Chase Claypool.  Plan to target TE Adam Trautman with 3.11 and will add an EDR with 4.11 and another LB in free agency.  Thoughts?  Criticisms?  I'm very bored.

Projected Week 1 starting lineup (bench players in parenthesis and split up between WR, RB, and Flex spots):

QB: Lamar Jackson (bench: Mahomes, Tannehill)
RB1: Austin Ekeler (bench: Justin Jackson, Darwin Thompson)
RB2: Mark Ingram (bench: Gus Edwards, Chase Edmonds, Bryce Love)
WR1: DJ Moore (bench: AJ Green, Breshard Perriman)
WR2: Allen Robinson (bench: Sammy Watkins, Chase Claypool, Jakobi Meyers)
FLEX: Devin Singletary (bench: Jalen Reagor, D'Andre Smith)
TE: Kelce (bench: Christopher Herndon)
LB1: Darius Leonard
LB2: TBD
EDR/IL: TBD
S/CB: Jamal Adams
S/CB: Tracy Walker

First off I'm assuming D'Andre Smith is swift? 2nd of all I dont love your swap of thielen for ingram but I do understand it. Thirdly, I'd be looking to trade lamar for an insane price. I'm not so worried about him getting hurt as I am just thinking you have an abundance of riches with him and mahomes and I feel like after his last season you could get a kings ransom. Lastly, id be hoping swift breaks out because I'm not sure how much longer ingram will be a big dog and I love ekeler but I doubt he lasts in a feature role for very long.

Also, what the hell is edr?

The trade of Thielen for Ingram was actually Thielen for Ingram and a swap of first round picks in our rookie draft (1.11 for 1.8, I moved up); I took Jalen Reagor at 1.8.  Thielen and Ingram are both 30, and Ingram has been much healthier and productive over the past two seasons.  I trust him more this year, and it was the best offer I was ever going to get for Thielen.

D'Andre Smith is D'Andre Swift, yes.  Ha.

I'm open to trading Jackson, but I doubt I can get fair value for him in my league.  The other guys with the players to do it won't trade with me for fear of making my roster better.  It's like pulling teeth.  But I agree with you.  I had Brady and Wilson when I drafted them (successive years), and traded both after the finished 1st overall the year prior.  But I want more for Jackson than I got for either of those guys.

EDR is edge rusher.  We have to start one d-lineman, and it can be edge or interior.

(09-01-2020, 11:06 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  My main league. Ppr, custom qb scoring (.5 for completion, -.5 for incompletion)

Drafted 4th.

Wr: juju: laviska shanault (will probably drop for a kicker, i don't draft kickers)

Love the RBs. WRs are decent. QB is a roll of the dice, but I imagine you were addressing the position late.

Overall I like it.

(09-02-2020, 11:58 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(09-01-2020, 11:06 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  My main league. Ppr, custom qb scoring (.5 for completion, -.5 for incompletion)

Drafted 4th.

Love the RBs. WRs are decent. QB is a roll of the dice, but I imagine you were addressing the position late.

Overall I like it.

Yeah, I was targeting wentz but he went a little earlier than I expected. So I punted for awhile. Should have taken stafford or big ben instead of diontae but pretty much everyone already had a qb so I thought one of them was going to last until my next pick.  They didn't. Oh well.

(09-01-2020, 10:33 PM)NOLA Wrote:  12 team redraft, snake, 11th overall pick (12 teams), 1-point PPR, one starting QB, no wrinkles:

QB: Watson
RB: Ekeler, Chris Carson, James White, Chase Edmonds, Adrian Peterson, AJ Dillon
WR: Sutton, Landry, Hardman, Mike Williams, Justin Jefferson
TE: Kelce
D/ST: Chiefs, Vikings

Is this team shit, or did this post just get buried?  Because ESPN seems to think I'm going to win my league in our post-draft selections.

(09-02-2020, 03:09 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(09-01-2020, 10:33 PM)NOLA Wrote:  12 team redraft, snake, 11th overall pick (12 teams), 1-point PPR, one starting QB, no wrinkles:

RB: Ekeler, Chris Carson, James White, Chase Edmonds, Adrian Peterson, AJ Dillon

Is this team shit, or did this post just get buried?  Because ESPN seems to think I'm going to win my league in our post-draft selections.

I'm not a big fan of Carson. And I'm not a huge fan of your wrs but the rest of the team is great.

(09-02-2020, 04:22 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  

I'm not a big fan of Carson. And I'm not a huge fan of your wrs but the rest of the team is great.

So, I picked 11th and 14th, took Ekeler 11th (I've had him for years in dynasty and he's ascending and a pass catcher), then took Kelce because Davante Adams was gone and the RBs there were unremarkable, and the difference between Kelce and every other TE (except Kittle) is worth it.  With my third round pick I took Courtland Sutton.  So Carson I got at 38.  He was the 9th overall RB last year, and his production has been remarkably consistent for a few season.  I also hate getting players in a Pete Carroll offense, but I've come around on Carson.  I feel okay about it.

(09-02-2020, 04:26 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

So, I picked 11th and 14th, took Ekeler 11th (I've had him for years in dynasty and he's ascending and a pass catcher), then took Kelce because Davante Adams was gone and the RBs there were unremarkable, and the difference between Kelce and every other TE (except Kittle) is worth it.  With my third round pick I took Courtland Sutton.  So Carson I got at 38.  He was the 9th overall RB last year, and his production has been remarkably consistent for a few season.  I also hate getting players in a Pete Carroll offense, but I've come around on Carson.  I feel okay about it.

He's a steal at 38. He went 23rd in my league.

(09-02-2020, 05:46 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(09-02-2020, 04:26 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

He's a steal at 38. He went 23rd in my league.

Right?  He was just... sitting there.  I thought there was some sort of catch I was missing.  I didn't really do the research this year what with no preseason games and all.