Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2020 Fantasy Football Thread

First draft last night, the relatively normal 1/2 ppr league.

I missed CEH by one pick. Settled on Cook. I'm going to swap defenses for a better week 1 matchup, that was booze and inattention that liked the Bucs.

Proudest moment was getting Russell Wilson in the 8th.

CEH went before Dalvin Cook? Interesting.

Mostly Chiefs fans in your league?

(08-24-2020, 11:49 AM)DallasChief Wrote:  CEH went before Dalvin Cook?  Interesting.

Yes. I was joking about "settling" on Cook, but I was sincerely targeting CEH with pick 7.

(08-24-2020, 11:49 AM)DallasChief Wrote:  CEH went before Dalvin Cook?  Interesting.

I have CEH as 4th best rb. Ahead of Kamara and cook. I didn't get him at pick 4 in my main league though. Elliott fell to me instead.

So, I'm in a decade+ old twelve team dynasty league. Email rookie draft has been going on about a week. 4 rounds, we're halfway through the third-round. I lost my league on a point adjustment the Thursday after week 16 last year--which some SERIOUS bullshit--so I started with the 11th pick in each round. Going back to last year, I traded Jimmmy Garoppolo for 3.1 (I was about to cut him). I traded Adam Thielen for Mark Ingram and a swap of 1.11 for 1.8, then traded David Johnson and 2.11 for 1.4. Drafted D'Andre Smith at 1.4 (CEH, Taylor, and Dobbins were already off the board), and Jalen Reagor at 1.8 (Akers, Lamb, and Jeudy went after my 1.4 pick). Got Chase Claypool with 3.1.

So I turned Adam Thielen, David Johnson, Jimmy G, and 1.11 and 2.11 into (EDIT: ) Mark Ingram, D'Andre Smith, Jalen Reagor and Chase Claypool. Plan to target TE Adam Trautman with 3.11 and will add an EDR with 4.11 and another LB in free agency. Thoughts? Criticisms? I'm very bored.

Projected Week 1 starting lineup (bench players in parenthesis and split up between WR, RB, and Flex spots):

QB: Lamar Jackson (bench: Mahomes, Tannehill)
RB1: Austin Ekeler (bench: Justin Jackson, Darwin Thompson)
RB2: Mark Ingram (bench: Gus Edwards, Chase Edmonds, Bryce Love)
WR1: DJ Moore (bench: AJ Green, Breshard Perriman)
WR2: Allen Robinson (bench: Sammy Watkins, Chase Claypool, Jakobi Meyers)
FLEX: Devin Singletary (bench: Jalen Reagor, D'Andre Smith)
TE: Kelce (bench: Christopher Herndon)
K: Butker
LB1: Darius Leonard
LB2: TBD
EDR/IL: TBD
S/CB: Jamal Adams
S/CB: Tracy Walker

(08-30-2020, 12:46 PM)NOLA Wrote:  So, I'm in a decade+ old twelve team dynasty league.  Email rookie draft has been going on about a week.  4 rounds, we're halfway through the third-round.  I lost my league on a point adjustment the Thursday after week 16 last year--which some SERIOUS bullshit--so I started with the 11th pick in each round.  Going back to last year, I traded Jimmmy Garoppolo for 3.1 (I was about to cut him).  I traded Adam Thielen for Mark Ingram and a swap of 1.11 for 1.8, then traded David Johnson and 2.11 for 1.4.  Drafted D'Andre Smith at 1.4 (CEH, Taylor, and Dobbins were already off the board), and Jalen Reagor at 1.8 (Akers, Lamb, and Jeudy went after my 1.4 pick).  Got Chase Claypool with 3.1.

So I turned Adam Thielen, David Johnson, Jimmy G, and 1.11 and 2.11 into (EDIT: ) Mark Ingram, D'Andre Smith, Jalen Reagor and Chase Claypool.  Plan to target TE Adam Trautman with 3.11 and will add an EDR with 4.11 and another LB in free agency.  Thoughts?  Criticisms?  I'm very bored.

Projected Week 1 starting lineup (bench players in parenthesis and split up between WR, RB, and Flex spots):

I don't really like trading away Thielen, but I like most of your other moves, especially trading away David Johnson. They're going to try to justify trading for DJ in Houston, but I don't think he's good enough anymore to take advantage of it.

That being said, multiple IDPs at specific positions? I basically have no idea how to judge half of your roster.

(08-31-2020, 05:27 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(08-30-2020, 12:46 PM)NOLA Wrote:  So, I'm in a decade+ old twelve team dynasty league.  Email rookie draft has been going on about a week.  4 rounds, we're halfway through the third-round.  I lost my league on a point adjustment the Thursday after week 16 last year--which some SERIOUS bullshit--so I started with the 11th pick in each round.  Going back to last year, I traded Jimmmy Garoppolo for 3.1 (I was about to cut him).  I traded Adam Thielen for Mark Ingram and a swap of 1.11 for 1.8, then traded David Johnson and 2.11 for 1.4.  Drafted D'Andre Smith at 1.4 (CEH, Taylor, and Dobbins were already off the board), and Jalen Reagor at 1.8 (Akers, Lamb, and Jeudy went after my 1.4 pick).  Got Chase Claypool with 3.1.

So I turned Adam Thielen, David Johnson, Jimmy G, and 1.11 and 2.11 into (EDIT: ) Mark Ingram, D'Andre Smith, Jalen Reagor and Chase Claypool.  Plan to target TE Adam Trautman with 3.11 and will add an EDR with 4.11 and another LB in free agency.  Thoughts?  Criticisms?  I'm very bored.

I don't really like trading away Thielen, but I like most of your other moves, especially trading away David Johnson. They're going to try to justify trading for DJ in Houston, but I don't think he's good enough anymore to take advantage of it.

That being said, multiple IDPs at specific positions? I basically have no idea how to judge half of your roster.

I'm not sure how you're handling defense in your dynasty league, but I've always done it more or less this way, though the number of players varies.  For our purposes you can ignore them, though, as IDP players are much more fungible.

I was not psyched to trade away Thielen, but then I realized he was already 30.  He was hurt most of last season, so I've already learned to live without him (Robinson and Moore are both younger with more upside), and I have AJ Green coming back, so... y'know what, ignore that part.  Thielen was also a guy I claimed off of waivers in December of 2016, so I never invested draft capital in him, so this seemed like it was the ideal time to move him.  With picks 1.4 and 1.8 I knew I could get a top prospect and let him develop a year (Reagor at 1.8).

I was thrilled to get rid of Johnson, I just hope Swift works out.  He's already hurt.  The last time I trade this high up in our rookie draft, it was for Derrius Guice.  That, uh, has not worked out.

Didn't realize Thielen was that old. Makes more sense to me now.

Here is my Frankenstein's Monster of a league, first year, 10 teams, 2 QB (technically not a Superflex league after all), Full PPR, Auction, Dynasty/Keeper (will explain)

First, understand that we had a very unorthodox offline auction. There was no maximum bid, so if I wanted to spend all $200 on Patrick Mahomes I could have. The moment you're out of money, you are swimming around the waiver wire to fill out your roster. No player had been in an auction league before and I don't know if any had been in a dynatsy either.

I decided to do a balanced approach leaning toward conservative, I was aiming to have at least one truly elite player. I deliberately bid up all of the big names and bailed on all except for Lamar Jackson which I got for a surprisingly low $51 in a 2 QB league.. I expected Mahomes to go for more than he did ($80).

Some people wasted some money on merely okay players like Amari Cooper ($30). Shortly after that I was able to get Swift for $13.

Later, as most of the players were tapped out of cash, Me and a few other guys were getting players like Joe Burrow for $7, CeeDee Lamb for $2, and even Drew Lock for $3.

Personally, I feel like my strategy was flawless. I only got stuck with 1 player I didn't really want, a 3rd TE I dropped to pick up Kerryon Johnson on waivers. I only needed to fill a D/ST on waivers other than that and I still got the Patriots, though I had to move Deebo to IR to do it. I still got one truly elite player. I was able to spend my whole budget, but not too fast. The strategy was perfect, it's just a question of if I picked the right players.

There were 67 transactions this morning, primarily to fill out players' rosters. The average team picked up over 7 players on waivers.

The one problem I have is they enjoyed the auction so much they decided they want to auctions every year. So now you have a $200 budget. If you keep 1 player that's $50 of your budget. If you keep another that's $30, and so on down to $5 until you use your whole $200 budget if you keep your whole team. So a lot of the young talent I sniped might not be worth keeping for the budget at the end of the season. I drafted assuming an NFL style draft where I'm picking 10 each round.

Still, this was a blast. I loved the look on cashless players' faces when they saw players they went in targeting go for next to nothing.

I like your team a lot. Good work.

However, I think the proposal for an auction every year on your own team for a dynasty league is fucking insane. That is literally the same thing as a redraft league. Just do your rookie draft as an auction every year. How is that not obvious? You spend the $200 on the rookies. Sure, their values will seem inflated compared to what you spend on your initial draft class, but it's fictional money, just like the NFL salary cap.

12 team redraft, snake, 11th overall pick (12 teams), 1-point PPR, one starting QB, no wrinkles:

QB: Watson
RB: Ekeler, Chris Carson, James White, Chase Edmonds, Adrian Peterson, AJ Dillon
WR: Sutton, Landry, Hardman, Mike Williams, Justin Jefferson
TE: Kelce
D/ST: Chiefs, Vikings