Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Goodbye, HG (John Wilson)

(08-19-2020, 11:54 AM)mabbott Wrote:  
(08-18-2020, 02:24 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  For anyone that wants one, I'm having a friend make memorial t-shirts for John.

They'll be red with white text and look similar to John's favorite "This is your brain *Chiefs helmet*, this is your brain on drugs *Raiders helmet*" t-shirt. It will also have "R.I.P John "HG" Wilson" and "1961 - 2020" on the back.

My cost will be around $13-$16 each depending upon the size. Many of us will try to attend the Raiders game this year, but I could also mail them to anyone that wants one. Let me know if you're interested and what size. I'll probably just shoulder all the cost unless the demand is more than I'm expecting.
I would rock that shirt in a large... I would need it mailed, but I would send you the money for the shirt and shipping.

I'll ask for your address later, but I'll do that when I actually get them.

(08-18-2020, 03:19 AM)The_Jonas Wrote:  The fuck?!

It's a real bummer, man.  It doesn't feel the same without him around, and hasn't for awhile without him posting regularly before he passed.

(08-19-2020, 12:10 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(08-19-2020, 11:54 AM)mabbott Wrote:  
(08-18-2020, 02:24 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  For anyone that wants one, I'm having a friend make memorial t-shirts for John.

They'll be red with white text and look similar to John's favorite "This is your brain *Chiefs helmet*, this is your brain on drugs *Raiders helmet*" t-shirt. It will also have "R.I.P John "HG" Wilson" and "1961 - 2020" on the back.

My cost will be around $13-$16 each depending upon the size. Many of us will try to attend the Raiders game this year, but I could also mail them to anyone that wants one. Let me know if you're interested and what size. I'll probably just shoulder all the cost unless the demand is more than I'm expecting.
I would rock that shirt in a large... I would need it mailed, but I would send you the money for the shirt and shipping.

I'll ask for your address later, but I'll do that when I actually get them.

I would also rock one.  I would like to tell you a medium works, but I probably need the large.  Fucking quarantine.

Will want to pay you for shirt and shipping, so let me know.  I know how to use the venmo.

(08-19-2020, 04:39 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

It's a real bummer, man.  It doesn't feel the same without him around, and hasn't for awhile without him posting regularly before he passed.
That and this place always dies down in the offseason. Especially with one as odd as this. 

But there is a certain personality that is now missing. Really miss his posts.

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

(08-19-2020, 04:43 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  

That and this place always dies down in the offseason. Especially with one as odd as this. 

Yeah, I mean he hadn't been around much during the regular season last year either, but I know a lot of you guys were still seeing him in person.

(08-19-2020, 04:46 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

Yeah, I mean he hadn't been around much during the regular season last year either, but I know a lot of you guys were still seeing him in person.
I just took for granted he would always be here homering it up.  

I'm glad he got to see kc hoist a trophy.  I cant do much more than wish his family the best, and salute that legacy. He was such a sweetheart of a guy.  This wasnt what I expected when I dropped in for a visit.

(08-20-2020, 02:48 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  

I'm glad he got to see kc hoist a trophy.  I cant do much more than wish his family the best, and salute that legacy. He was such a sweetheart of a guy.  This wasnt what I expected when I dropped in for a visit.

Yeah, it was a real shock for me one morning when I logged in, but I got the sense that some of the others who knew him better and saw him more routinely were aware he was in poor health.

(08-21-2020, 03:14 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(08-19-2020, 04:39 PM)NOLA Wrote:  It's a real bummer, man.  It doesn't feel the same without him around, and hasn't for awhile without him posting regularly before he passed.

Yeah, it was a real shock for me one morning when I logged in, but I got the sense that some of the others who knew him better and saw him more routinely were aware he was in poor health.

In many ways I was, but it still floored me. He had more trouble the past couple winters going to games than years past, but especially this year. He got put on his ass in December, hospitalized by something he was later convinced was Covid (who knows).

I knew he was doing poorly a couple weeks before, I hadn't really gotten any update until it was too late. It's not like they would let anyone visit him, but it still feels like I should have made a call or two.

I already had a couple previews of my life without John Wilson when he missed a few games this year, but I by no means expected this. I was thinking it was more likely he'd quit going to games and I might watch an away game or two at his place to get together with the gang. Going to tailgates without him was already a surreal experience for me.

(08-21-2020, 03:58 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(08-21-2020, 03:14 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(08-19-2020, 04:43 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  That and this place always dies down in the offseason. Especially with one as odd as this. 

In many ways I was, but it still floored me. He had more trouble the past couple winters going to games than years past, but especially this year. He got put on his ass in December, hospitalized by something he was later convinced was Covid (who knows).

I knew he was doing poorly a couple weeks before, I hadn't really gotten any update until it was too late. It's not like they would let anyone visit him, but it still feels like I should have made a call or two.

I already had a couple previews of my life without John Wilson when he missed a few games this year, but I by no means expected this. I was thinking it was more likely he'd quit going to games and I might watch an away game or two at his place to get together with the gang. Going to tailgates without him was already a surreal experience for me.

It's a great regret of mine that I never got one of y'all's tailgates before he passed.  I still intend to do it one of these days.  The last time the Saints were there I don't think I could get away, but there's a Broncos game every year.  Fuck the Broncos.

Anyway, I do miss HG's enthusiasm.  I know it's a weird time to be alive, but something tells me it would feel more like the season were less than three weeks away if he were around to talk it up.

Sign me up for one of these shirts.  I will reimburse you the cost of the shirt and the shipping.  Just PM me whenever you are able.