Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Goodbye, HG (John Wilson)

Shit.

HG was a solid dude. Him and Rosie welcomed me and my wife to what was probably the first ever HotC experience in 2009. He didn't even have tickets at that point, but still made the effort to meet up with us and give us a welcoming tour of the area. As each year went on they just became more and more welcoming and hospitable and the crew grew and grew. I think much of what became the HotC tailgate crew was due in part to him gathering everyone together. Rest in peace HG!

He will be missed. I know I spent several times with him and Rosie on tailgates but also off the tailgates as well. I was one of the very fortunate people to had the opportunity to see his basement, and I wished I took photos of it, but even that, photos wouldn't do justice.

If my memory serves me right, everything was decked with Chiefs gear. The walls were painted red and yellow.

He toned it up with nice framed Chiefs stuff and a huge sectional couch that we happily sat on and watched the Chiefs bring home the Lombardi.

Rosie makes hellafied good enchiladas too. Just saying.

Aw man this sucks. HG was the best, one of a kind. 

RIP old friend Cry

New Site: Sportschatter.co

(07-06-2020, 04:46 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:  He toned it up with nice framed Chiefs stuff and a huge sectional couch that we happily sat on and watched the Chiefs bring home the Lombardi.

Rosie makes hellafied good enchiladas too.  Just saying.

Can confirm on enchiladas.

So we're going to go to the Raiders game and do a massive tailgate in John's honor. Y'all try to to be there, ok?

(07-07-2020, 07:34 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:  So we're going to go to the Raiders game and do a massive tailgate in John's honor. Y'all try to to be there, ok?
I will start looking at tickets... I met John at the Raiders game. You guys showed my wife part of the reason that the Chiefs have awesome fans! We were made to feel at home and my wife thought we were crazy for being outdoors when it was so cold!

[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!

Visitation is Thursday July 9th from 5-8pm
Service is Friday July 10th at 9am
*live stream will be available on the Terrace Park Website*
Mask are required.
801 NW 108th Street
Kansas City, MO. 64155
816-734-5500

Attire is CHIEFS gear. Also if you have any Chiefs stickers or magnets please bring them with you. Yes, Chiefs gear. My best friend would not want this a sad occasion. Stickers and magnets are for the coffin.

Obituary to be published in California and Kansas City, will also be available on Terrace Park Website

For those who would like to view/need the website, you can find it here.

https://www.terraceparkfuneralhome.com/o...eph-Wilson