Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New Rules

Thank God the pass interference experiment is gone. I hear talk about a ref who can contact on field if anything looks wonky. If someone has a better explanation please have it. I hope that bad calls, ALL bad calls like phantom roughing the passer, could be discussed or flag picked up. 
And the 4th and 15 thing instead of on-side kick. However, I like the on-side kick--just do it better like pooch the ball to about the 35 where there is usually a big hole. 
I may have asked this before but will again--is a Back Judge always a Back Judge or does he get to be a Linesman or one of the other positions? Do they get to rotate? 
Thoughts?

Eliminating the on-side kick is for safety reasons, right?

(05-26-2020, 01:24 PM)Razorchief Wrote:  Thank God the pass interference experiment is gone. I hear talk about a ref who can contact on field if anything looks wonky. If someone has a better explanation please have it. I hope that bad calls, ALL bad calls like phantom roughing the passer, could be discussed or flag picked up. 
And the 4th and 15 thing instead of on-side kick. However, I like the on-side kick--just do it better like pooch the ball to about the 35 where there is usually a big hole. 
I may have asked this before but will again--is a Back Judge always a Back Judge or does he get to be a Linesman or one of the other positions? Do they get to rotate? 
Thoughts?

Pretty sure a back judge is always a back judge in season and so on but can request a change in the offseason. 
The problem with the pooch inside kick is that nobody can move until the ball is hit. It works sometimes with a running start for the kicking team but without that edge its extremely ineffective.
The problem with an eye in the sky is that unless that eye is someone who has been watching the entire game you are going to get calls changed that aren't consistent with what else gets called or not. Plus you are going to get calls made that werent obvious until replay and multiple angles. I dont like it.