Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hey you loveable clown shoes

Hey my friends.  I've been avoiding all social media for months because I just think it brings out too much negativity in me.  It's a cold turkey thing.

Buuuuuuut, I still love you guys.  I had a few beers, and wanted to say hi. Rules are made to be broken.  

31 years. 

That's how long I've cheered for the chiefs.  I don't need to recount.  Most of you remember my cynicism. The dark times.  The hermpire.  Then that whole Matt Cassel thing. 

You've seen me get over heated, but everyone knows it's because I care.   I want kc to win dammit. 

Super bowl champions.  Best player on earth is a chief.  Only fitting the viral apocalypse comes at the same time.  I know it's all free agency and Chris Jones, but look... Champions until 2021.  AND we have Patrick mahomes.  

Love you guys.  

(Nola, admit I was right about Andy reid.)

Hell we might be champions for longer than that.

Glad you are still around, I was getting worried.

(03-19-2020, 10:44 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  Hey my friends.  I've been avoiding all social media for months because I just think it brings out too much negativity in me.  It's a cold turkey thing.

Buuuuuuut, I still love you guys.  I had a few beers, and wanted to say hi. Rules are made to be broken.  

31 years. 

That's how long I've cheered for the chiefs.  I don't need to recount.  Most of you remember my cynicism. The dark times.  The hermpire.  Then that whole Matt Cassel thing. 

You've seen me get over heated, but everyone knows it's because I care.   I want kc to win dammit. 

Super bowl champions.  Best player on earth is a chief.  Only fitting the viral apocalypse comes at the same time.  I know it's all free agency and Chris Jones, but look... Champions until 2021.  AND we have Patrick mahomes.  

Love you guys.  

(Nola, admit I was right about Andy reid.)

Hey bud!

We did it!  We're champs!  And you were TOTALLY right about Andy Reid!!!  Even he couldn't fuck up the last two minutes of any of those playoffs games!

AND WE WON THE LAST EVER SUPER BOWL SO WE'RE FOREVER CHAMPIONS!!!

EDIT: Love you, too, man. I totally respect your reasons for quitting social media, but don't be a stranger. Good to hear from you.

That's pretty much a best case scenario, we were legit wondering about you. I don't blame you going cold turkey on social media. I need to take breaks more often than I do.

But yes, everything is sexy, and there's little reason to not expect continued sexiness. I fucking love this team as much now as I ever have!

Should be fun to see the media find continued excuses to hype the other AFC West teams we've dominated for YEARS now based on a few FA moves while they ignore FA losses and retirements.

(03-20-2020, 11:21 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  That's pretty much a best case scenario, we were legit wondering about you. I don't blame you going cold turkey on social media. I need to take breaks more often than I do.

But yes, everything is sexy, and there's little reason to not expect continued sexiness. I fucking love this team as much now as I ever have!

Should be fun to see the media find continued excuses to hype the other AFC West teams we've dominated for YEARS now based on a few FA moves while they ignore FA losses and retirements.

No more Philip Rivers in the division is probably a net gain for the Chargers, but it weirds me the fuck out.  Without Phil Fluffin' Rivers out there, who the fluff are we supposed to hate?

(03-20-2020, 12:13 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(03-20-2020, 11:21 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  That's pretty much a best case scenario, we were legit wondering about you. I don't blame you going cold turkey on social media. I need to take breaks more often than I do.

No more Philip Rivers in the division is probably a net gain for the Chargers, but it weirds me the fuck out.  Without Phil Fluffin' Rivers out there, who the fluff are we supposed to hate?

He really was the best kind of villain. One you could empathize with. One that was threatening, but not too threatening. One that had the strangest quirks. I will miss him.

I’m glad you’re alright, Jonas. I seriously searched Wichita obituaries for November to make sure weren’t dead. Glad you’re ok.

Super Bowl!