Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NFL New CBA

(02-21-2020, 01:04 AM)warthog Wrote:  Haven’t they already announced our opponents for next season?  How are they going to sneak another game in there?

I would love for the new CBA to include a provision that one player on each team could be exempt from the salary cap.  That could benefit owners and players.  And the Chiefs.  Exempt Mahomes from the cap, then you can still feasibly keep other good players, I.e. Jones.

The one good thing I am hearing about adding another regular season game and two new playoff games is that it could bring in more revenue, like $5 billion, and raise the caps on all teams.

Could be delayed implementation on the schedule changes, starting in 2021.

Also, the bigger question is what opponent gets added? Will the Chiefs face another first place team from the NFC every year (because, duh we're going to keep winning the West forever)? That is a significant difference.

Every team having to face an opponent at a neutral site would be nuts. Suddenly we'd have 16 foreign games a year. Might have to add more locations than just London and Mexico City.

Like everyone else, I like things the way they are. Very balanced scheduling and playoffs.

Well, it sure sounds like we've been reading league propaganda all week and that the players are really not into this.

(02-21-2020, 12:50 PM)NOLA Wrote:  Well, it sure sounds like we've been reading league propaganda all week and that the players are really not into this.

Maybe this will give time for the owners to realize that the fans dont actually want 17 games or expanded playoffs.

(02-21-2020, 01:50 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(02-21-2020, 12:50 PM)NOLA Wrote:  Well, it sure sounds like we've been reading league propaganda all week and that the players are really not into this.

Maybe this will give time for the owners to realize that the fans dont actually want 17 games or expanded playoffs.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Finally a little bit of good news on the CBA front, it sounds like rosters are going to expand.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020/02/...expansion/

Should be 2 more Active players on gameday (48 total), 2 more Roster spots (55 total), 2 more Practice Squad players (12 total), and now 3 players would be able to be brought back from IR.

Not exactly a big fan of the new CBA.

* 17 games is way too long. Even if you're removing one pre-season game for that game, it's still stupid. In my opinion, it should be 3 pre-season games and 16 games. Adding more games just adds more wear and tear on some players.

* They should make 50 active on the NFL roster, and make it 56 total.

I'm also not exactly a big fan of the new playoff format as well. Just seems watered down, but whatever.

(02-22-2020, 11:30 PM)Coach Wrote:  Not exactly a big fan of the new CBA.

* 17 games is way too long.  Even if you're removing one pre-season game for that game, it's still stupid.  In my opinion, it should be 3 pre-season games and 16 games.  Adding more games just adds more wear and tear on some players.

* They should make 50 active on the NFL roster, and make it 56 total.

I'm also not exactly a big fan of the new playoff format as well.  Just seems watered down, but whatever.

It hasn't been approved by the NFLPA yet. It could still get improved significantly. Of course, we could still be looking at a lockout next offseason for all we know at this point.

Done deal. And now we wait for the owners to figure out what this shit actually is going to look like.