Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NFL New CBA

So apparently they think they are getting pretty close.

But with a 17 game schedule and a 7th team making the playoffs. 

I dont like either of those moves. 17 games screws with the fairly neat scheduling system we have right now. 7 teams into the playoffs sounds okay until you realize that its gonna be a 8-8 team or worse or a team that lost its last 2 games way too often. At least it wouldn't be half the teams still in the playoffs but I still dont like it. It would have to drastically increase the players portion of the money which would help up in our current cap crunch.

It's technically 14 teams in the playoffs, right?

I'm trying to figure out how you seed 7 teams per conference. Only the #1 seed gets a bye and the other six play Wildcard weekend?

I saw that the increase for the players will be significant. From 47% of 16 games to 48.5% of 17 games.

The owners are getting too greedy if you ask me. I think the number of teams in the playoffs is already perfect and I would rather see a second bye week instead of an extra game.

So is the extra game a home game or an away game?

I would assume it’s a London or Mexico City game.  If not, I would think it would have to be a home game one season and an away the next.

Both proposals are stupid.

I hadn't even thought of the home away split...

I hate this. This is not an improvement at all.

Giving the #1 seed WAY too much of an advantage.

(02-20-2020, 12:02 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:  I hate this. This is not an improvement at all.

Giving the #1 seed WAY too much of an advantage.

This. I think it's just too much greed. Why change what isn't broken?

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

Haven’t they already announced our opponents for next season? How are they going to sneak another game in there?

I would love for the new CBA to include a provision that one player on each team could be exempt from the salary cap. That could benefit owners and players. And the Chiefs. Exempt Mahomes from the cap, then you can still feasibly keep other good players, I.e. Jones.

The one good thing I am hearing about adding another regular season game and two new playoff games is that it could bring in more revenue, like $5 billion, and raise the caps on all teams.

There is a provision to allow like 1.5 mil of cap free space from 2 players or something like that. But no big salary cap free space.

(02-21-2020, 01:04 AM)warthog Wrote:  Haven’t they already announced our opponents for next season?  How are they going to sneak another game in there?

I would love for the new CBA to include a provision that one player on each team could be exempt from the salary cap.  That could benefit owners and players.  And the Chiefs.  Exempt Mahomes from the cap, then you can still feasibly keep other good players, I.e. Jones.

The one good thing I am hearing about adding another regular season game and two new playoff games is that it could bring in more revenue, like $5 billion, and raise the caps on all teams.
 Current CBA is good for 2020. 17 game season would go into effect in 2021.