Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NFL 2020 Other Teams Offseason

(03-19-2020, 09:10 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(03-19-2020, 05:18 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(03-19-2020, 04:16 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  Rams release Todd gurley.

Well, he wouldn't count against compensatory picks, which is vital for next year. Chiefs don't have much cap space, but considering he'll be on a pitch count I don't imagine he'll break the bank or expect him to be all that effective.

Then again, he'd be a great fit in an Andy Reid offense. Gurley is an excellent receiving back.

Would I sign him to a shady deal? Yes. Would he take that? I doubt it. Rumors have him going to either miami atlanta or tampa.

I was expecting it to be a far larger contract at least, but maybe it would be a 1 year deal. If he's drawing that much  interest you're right, he'll probably get a multi year  offer.

Well, he wouldn't count against compensatory picks, which is vital for next year. Chiefs don't have much cap space, but considering he'll be on a pitch count I don't imagine he'll break the bank or expect him to be all that effective.

Then again, he'd be a great fit in an Andy Reid offense. Gurley is an excellent receiving back.

Gurley getting cut is more proof that Bill O'Brien should be shot out of a cannon.

I'd like to have him if he's making Damien Williams money.  If he's making a cent more, I'm happy with Williams.  I wasn't impressed with him much this season--and he's a perennial injury concern--but he really impressed me during the playoffs.  I don't give him enough credit.  He's fast in open space.

Gurley for 1 year 5 mil to the cap strapped falcons. They would be over the cap if their signings were official right now so they got some shit to do.

Looks like we re-signed Chad Henne. He was on IR last year, right? Does that mean we let Moore go back to coaching high school?

(03-20-2020, 09:37 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  Gurley for 1 year 5 mil to the cap strapped falcons. They would be over the cap if their signings were official right now so they got some shit to do.

[Image: source.gif]

(03-20-2020, 09:46 AM)NOLA Wrote:  Looks like we re-signed Chad Henne.  He was on IR last year, right?  Does that mean we let Moore go back to coaching high school?

Yeah he was on ir but we brought him back to sit on the sidelines with moore and inactive on game days.
Moore is drawing some interest from some teams from what I've read.

(03-20-2020, 10:03 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(03-20-2020, 09:46 AM)NOLA Wrote:  Looks like we re-signed Chad Henne.  He was on IR last year, right?  Does that mean we let Moore go back to coaching high school?

Yeah he was on ir but we brought him back to sit on the sidelines with moore and inactive on game days.
Moore is drawing some interest from some teams from what I've read.

Good.  He can still play.  As a backup and probably only with the right coach, but he did his fucking job last year.  We don't necessarily make the playoffs without him, and certainly don't luck into that first round bye.

(03-20-2020, 09:30 AM)NOLA Wrote:  

Gurley getting cut is more proof that Bill O'Brien should be shot out of a cannon.

I'd like to have him if he's making Damien Williams money.  If he's making a cent more, I'm happy with Williams.  I wasn't impressed with him much this season--and he's a perennial injury concern--but he really impressed me during the playoffs.  I don't give him enough credit.  He's fast in open space.

Truth. Gurley at $5M > David Johnson at $11M. Then you subtract a top 3 WR? Man, I would be revolting if I were a Texans fan. O'Brien is wasting Watson's youth.

I still wouldn't expect too much from Gurley, this just would have been the best situation for him.

I think we've proven Damien Williams can be effective for stretches, but there's no way we should rely on him as a lone feature back through a season. He needs to be in a committee to limit his touches and in case he inevitably gets hurt. Whether Darrel and Darwin is that committee is like a glass coffin. Remains to be seen.

Melvin Gordon signs a 2 year $16M deal, $13.5M guaranteed to go to the Broncos

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2020/03/20/m...r-broncos/

Does anyone really think Chris Harris going to the Bolts and Gordon going to the Donks is anything but rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic?

Also Andrus Peat re-signs with the Saints. Apparently the Chiefs were showing interest before that.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020/03/...st-report/

It's a 5 year, $57.5M deal. Chiefs were flat out outbid. Weird to see the Saints actually pay a lineman, though I'm certain it's happened before.

(03-20-2020, 04:02 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  Melvin Gordon signs a 2 year $16M deal, $13.5M guaranteed to go to the Broncos

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2020/03/20/m...r-broncos/

Does anyone really think Chris Harris going to the Bolts and Gordon going to the Donks is anything but rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic?

Also Andrus Peat re-signs with the Saints. Apparently the Chiefs were showing interest before that.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020/03/...st-report/

It's a 5 year, $57.5M deal. Chiefs were flat out outbid. Weird to see the Saints actually pay a lineman, though I'm certain it's happened before.

Saints should've let him walk, and you should be glad the Chiefs didn't sign him.