Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs 2020 Offseason Thread

(09-14-2020, 02:29 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(09-14-2020, 02:17 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(09-14-2020, 01:55 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  I thought he was saying all his season ticket money went to next years tickets but they are charging out the ass to purchase tickets to this seasons games.

Oh, so he opted out, and then bought tickets?  They gave us the option to get our seats on a lottery system (you get your pod for 2 out of 6 of home games is there current plan), but the price is the price that was announced at the beginning of the offseason, not marked up.
Season ticket holders didn't get an option from what I understood. It was automatically rolled over to next season. Then they were given first chance at buying single game tickets. 
https://www.kshb.com/sports/chiefs-annou...ket-option

Thanks for the article.  That helps.

That's incredibly shitty.  I would've hoped for better.  The Saints have been really great about this whole thing, and have been really good about giving people a chance to opt and rollover their payments, or get a full refund on the season.  And again, you can also take your chances like I did and wait to see if you get tickets (which my friends and I then want to resell at ridiculous prices, admittedly).

Here's the deal. This year's ticket money was credited to next season. No problem with that. What was offered was the chance to buy tickets to a game this season at incredibly inflated prices, that money coming out of what was credited. For example, my full price of $1600 for two tickets was credited to next season. However, the cost for a game this season was deducted from that amount, meaning I will pay whatever that cost is--$650 for two tickets to one game, regular price is $80 per ticket. So next season I will owe $650. I had choice of Texans, Patriots or Raiders. Chose Raiders and tickets going to members of HG's family. I would have paid any amount for those folks to go to Raider game. What pissed me royally was the horrible mark up, the way fans were treated. Sure, maybe pay a bit more, KEEPING IN MIND THESE TICKETS WERE ALREADY PAID FOR. Just a cluster. A big cluster.

So basically arrowhead 1/5 full but charging 4x more per ticket gets them the money for having an 80% full stadium. Its understandable from their perspective and also unbelievably frustrating for someone in your position.