Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs vs. Niners - Super Bowl LIV

(02-27-2020, 03:58 PM)DallasChief Wrote:  I got a Super Bowl LIV hoodie for my birthday.  My wife asked me yesterday if I was ever going to take it off.  I told her in 3 months when it's 100 degrees I'll only be able to wear it indoors.

Three months?  This is a cold year down there?

I've been watching all sorts of content lately, remembering that period in between the AFC Championship game and the Super Bowl, and how it all felt.

Damn, that was a ride. By the time the game started I was emotionally and physically exhausted.

But I would not trade those two weeks, in this city, with this fanbase, for anything. It was a magical, magical time. I'll never forget it.

I've got confidence we'll be back soon, but I don't think the emotion of it all will ever be the same.

Wow.
Question 

(02-29-2020, 11:53 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:  I've been watching all sorts of content lately, remembering that period in between the AFC Championship game and the Super Bowl, and how it all felt.

Damn, that was a ride.  By the time the game started I was emotionally and physically exhausted.

But I would not trade those two weeks, in this city, with this fanbase, for anything.  It was a magical, magical time. I'll never forget it.

I've got confidence we'll be back soon, but I don't think the emotion of it all will ever be the same.

Wow.

What’s funny is that my entire life I wanted to be part of that Super Bowl hype during the two weeks before the Super Bowl, then when it finally happened, I couldn’t watch any of it.  I was too nervous and hyped up and didn’t want to hear anything about how great the 49ers were.  I’m going back and catching up on it now, but during those two weeks I couldn’t.

(03-01-2020, 01:39 AM)warthog Wrote:  
(02-29-2020, 11:53 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:  I've been watching all sorts of content lately, remembering that period in between the AFC Championship game and the Super Bowl, and how it all felt.

Damn, that was a ride.  By the time the game started I was emotionally and physically exhausted.

But I would not trade those two weeks, in this city, with this fanbase, for anything.  It was a magical, magical time. I'll never forget it.

Wow.

What’s funny is that my entire life I wanted to be part of that Super Bowl hype during the two weeks before the Super Bowl, then when it finally happened, I couldn’t watch any of it.  I was too nervous and hyped up and didn’t want to hear anything about how great the 49ers were.  I’m going back and catching up on it now, but during those two weeks I couldn’t.

I tried very hard to live in the moment and take it all in, knowing that it might be my only chance (how many repeat SB winners are there, really?) and knowing for sure it'd be the only time in my life it would feel *like that*.

I did my best to avoid media that wasn't at least kind of biased if not openly so towards KC. Now it's kind of fun to go back and hear how wrong many of the national talking heads were and being able to laugh at it.

(03-03-2020, 02:24 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  I did my best to avoid media that wasn't at least kind of biased if not openly so towards KC. Now it's kind of fun to go back and hear how wrong many of the national talking heads were and being able to laugh at it.

If you have any really awful takes, that'd be entertaining to see.

(03-03-2020, 02:24 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  I did my best to avoid media that wasn't at least kind of biased if not openly so towards KC. Now it's kind of fun to go back and hear how wrong many of the national talking heads were and being able to laugh at it.

I watched a lot of ESPN and NFL Network the two weeks leading up to it, and I would say that ESPN maybe leaned slightly in favor of the Niners, but then everytime you'd ask somebody, they'd say, "but... Patrick Mahomes." 

NFL Network was more openly biased for the Chiefs, particularly Good Morning Football.  They'd all try to talk themselves into the Niners before just outright saying "I can't bet against Patrick Mahomes."

(03-03-2020, 04:30 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:  

I've slept since I watched them, can't remember most.

Skip and Shannon were probably the ones that stood out most to me, Skip because he was hilariously nut hugging the Niners to the point he had to say they were obviously the better team even after they lost and Shannon because he had been on the Mahomes train all year... until they faced his former coach's son.

NOLA's right though, outside of Nick Wright most of ESPN's on-air personalities seemed to be against the Chiefs, that'd be a good place to look. IIRC, Cowherd was deadset against the Chiefs as well.

(03-03-2020, 05:55 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(03-03-2020, 04:30 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:  

I've slept since I watched them, can't remember most.

Skip and Shannon were probably the ones that stood out most to me, Skip because he was hilariously nut hugging the Niners to the point he had to say they were obviously the better team even after they lost and Shannon because he had been on the Mahomes train all year... until they faced his former coach's son.

NOLA's right though, outside of Nick Wright most of ESPN's on-air personalities seemed to be against the Chiefs, that'd be a good place to look. IIRC, Cowherd was deadset against the Chiefs as well.

Well, Skip is the king of awful takes, and I suspect he does it on purpose.  The Chiefs could win 10 SB's in a row and they won't be as good as the Cowboys or Patriots.

It felt to me like any pro-Niner takes I ran across were always qualified and not really passionate. It was said because IF the overwhelmingly favored Chiefs had lost, they could have said "told you so".