Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs vs. Niners - Super Bowl LIV

(02-19-2020, 11:32 AM)DallasChief Wrote:  Super Bowl!

[Image: giphy.gif]

(02-14-2020, 09:44 AM)NOLA Wrote:  
(02-14-2020, 03:27 AM)nathanKent Wrote:  
(02-03-2020, 02:53 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(02-03-2020, 02:33 PM)Coach Wrote:  Nathan Kent is doing well, and is repping the Chiefs.

Nice! Where's he at these days?

:wave:

Hey bud!  Holy shit, how about them Chiefs?!?

Hey man! Indeed, how about them Chiefs!

As many of you know, I moved to LA in 2012 to pursue a music career, a few years later in life than most do. I had a friend from Wichita who moved around the same time and already had a bit of a social/musical network out here, and he invited me into a couple of situations that absolutely transformed my life. I played my first show in LA in December of that year at the Whisky's annual Christmas benefit. Of my bandmates on that first show, two are now signed to major labels, one won the Netflix Rhythm & Flow contest and is now world famous as of just a few months ago, one is the musical director for The Weeknd, four have writing credits on Grammy-nominated albums, and seven have done at least one world tour. In 2014 I worked outside of music for the last time, ever. In the interim I launched an indie record label with a group of friends (and a little marketing advice from the ever-wise Jackie), played hundreds of sessions and shows, formed a wrecking crew-style team of studio musicians including a 26-piece orchestra, launched a successful teaching/instrument rental service, endured innumerable setbacks including the death of one of my artists at age 27, watched several of my closest colleagues get rewarded on the highest levels of the industry, and watched several more utterly miss the mark in the most painful of ways. This whole experience is the most difficult thing I've ever done with my life, and also the absolute best.

Hope all y'all are well!

Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs, unabashed Herb Taylor supporter, and moderate alcoholic.

I should also add, I watched the Super Bowl with my songwriting partner's husband, who's also from KC. Regrettably, my songwriting partner also invited every single last one of her girlfriends, who were not the slightest bit interested in the game, and some of whom were from the Bay. Two of us, twelve of them. He and I had our faces damn near pressed against the screen trying to block out the conversations around us. We were a literal, live action borderline-sexist trope. Big Grin

But yeah, how about them CHIIIIEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFFSSSSSS!

Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs, unabashed Herb Taylor supporter, and moderate alcoholic.

Glad to see you are doing well, nK.

(8 hours ago)nathanKent Wrote:  I should also add, I watched the Super Bowl with my songwriting partner's husband, who's also from KC. Regrettably, my songwriting partner also invited every single last one of her girlfriends, who were not the slightest bit interested in the game, and some of whom were from the Bay. Two of us, twelve of them. He and I had our faces damn near pressed against the screen trying to block out the conversations around us. We were a literal, live action borderline-sexist trope. Big Grin

But yeah, how about them CHIIIIEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFFSSSSSS!

Ha! I watched the SB with Vazza, my best friend who use to be an irregular here, his wife, my GF, and a couple dudes. It was almost the exact opposite. The women kept to themselves and let us have our moment. They knew how much this meant to Vazza and I. It was easily the least attention I've given to my GF over the course of 3+ hours ever while in her presence.

Anyway, hope your efforts continue to be worth it despite the roughities (is that a word? seems appropriate). Sounds awesome.