Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs vs. Niners - Super Bowl LIV

As hockey fans may recall some of the Chiefs were supporting the Blues during their Stanley Cup run, including Patrick Mahomes and Kelce. I loved this for several reasons, not the least of which being as NFL ambassadors for the fans that had the Rams leave them. Come over to the Chiefs, everything is awesome and our owner is fucking sweet, not a professional grade drill bit like Kroenke.

Now, we got some Blues at the NHL All Star Game, which happens to be in STL, returning the favor.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/...star-game/

We got Jordan Binnington in a Mahomes jersey. We got Ryan O'Reilly skating in pre-game warm ups with a Chiefs helmet on. Of course the official Blues twitter has a shoutout.

So long as KC doesn't have an NHL team, the Blues are my team and I became a fan of them because they were awesome in video games in the mid 90s, particularly NHL 96 which some consider the greatest sports game of all time and the Blues have the best roster. It's easy to continue to be a fan when they're the defending champs and the current Western Conference points leaders. It reminds me a lot of what it feels like to be a Chiefs fan right now, honestly.

Holy hell! First, I miss you all. Second, the Chiefs are in the Super Bowl!!!! 33 years as a Chiefs fan and its finally here.

PT42

(01-25-2020, 11:46 AM)Az_Chiefsfan Wrote:  Holy hell! First, I miss you all. Second, the Chiefs are in the Super Bowl!!!! 33 years as a Chiefs fan and its finally here.
He’ll yeah!!!

Super Bowl!!!

Just missing Kojak and someone else, name is escaping me at the moment....

Welcome back old timers. Stick around a little longer this time, eh?

Peter King's got a big section on Big Red today, and it's pretty great.  And I love Andy, but this quote in particular explains so, so much:

Quote:“No, listen,” Reid said, like he’s answering a question about the weather. Routine. “I try in every game, for that two hours, to rip your heart out the best I can. Right? I love doing this. I love the competition. That’s why we all do this."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...eter-king/

Something I haven't really mentioned yet, the Niners D runs the Pete Carroll Cover 3 defense similar to the Chargers and Jaguars. Andy Reid and Mahomes have repeatedly destroyed these defenses.

(01-27-2020, 10:55 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  Something I haven't really mentioned yet, the Niners D runs the Pete Carroll Cover 3 defense similar to the Chargers and Jaguars. Andy Reid and Mahomes have repeatedly destroyed these defenses.

Bill Barnwell has been pulling screenshots from our games against these three teams for the past few days on twitter.

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/...1497365504

Good stuff in there.

So I have a coworker going to the Super Bowl, and tomorrow I'm bringing her my gameday accoutrements - crown, cape, red satin gloves, and all the bling she can stand - to wear in my place in Miami. I think she will charge it up with good-luck Super Bowl juju that will carry us through at least the next two or three seasons.

YOU'RE WELCOME.

(01-27-2020, 11:22 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:  So I have a coworker going to the Super Bowl, and tomorrow I'm bringing her my gameday accoutrements - crown, cape, red satin gloves, and all the bling she can stand - to wear in my place in Miami.  I think she will charge it up with good-luck Super Bowl juju that will carry us through at least the next two or three seasons.

YOU'RE WELCOME.

What a great friggin' week, right?  This is awesome.

(01-27-2020, 11:15 AM)NOLA Wrote:  
(01-27-2020, 10:55 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  Something I haven't really mentioned yet, the Niners D runs the Pete Carroll Cover 3 defense similar to the Chargers and Jaguars. Andy Reid and Mahomes have repeatedly destroyed these defenses.

Bill Barnwell has been pulling screenshots from our games against these three teams for the past few days on twitter.

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/...1497365504

Good stuff in there.

Yep, very good stuff, both in terms of it just being a quality breakdown and things that look promising for the Chiefs in this game.