Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs vs. Niners - Super Bowl LIV

Required viewing. Epic.

Related, a Chris Simms breakdown of the same 3 & 15 play.

I said before this game that the Mahomes scramble TD against the Titans might be the defining play of the playoffs. It was undeniably supplanted here.

,,asskickingboots pid=' dateline=\'1581118675' Wrote:Required viewing. Epic.

I said before this game that the Mahomes scramble TD against the Titans might be the defining play of the playoffs. It was undeniably supplanted here.

I agree, this episode of Turning Point is required viewing by every Chiefs fan.  The ‘Wasp’ was called by Mahomes.  Like how they went back to last years AFC Championship game to show how that play was called then too.  George Kittle: ‘Wha Happen?’.

That was a great play, but Mahomes mad 30 yard scramble is still the iconic play of the post season for me.  They updated a list of the the top 100 plays in NFL history today, and Mahomes long TD run is now at #37!

(02-08-2020, 01:29 AM)warthog Wrote:  
,,asskickingboots pid=' dateline= Wrote:Required viewing. Epic.

I agree, this episode of Turning Point is required viewing by every Chiefs fan.  The ‘Wasp’ was called by Mahomes.  Like how they went back to last years AFC Championship game to show how that play was called then too.  George Kittle: ‘Wha Happen?’.

That was a great play, but Mahomes mad 30 yard scramble is still the iconic play of the post season for me.  They updated a list of the the top 100 plays in NFL history today, and Mahomes long TD run is now at #37!

I was a bit surprised that the 57 yards it traveled in the air was Mahomes' longest pass of the season.  But mostly because his arm barely moves (also mentioned in the clip).

(02-08-2020, 01:29 AM)warthog Wrote:  
,,asskickingboots pid=' dateline= Wrote:Required viewing. Epic.

Lol, yeah. This would be me to Kittle:

[Image: giphy.gif]

The stage was bigger, the moment was more important in that stage of the game, Mahomes called the play. In a vacuum I'd say the Titans run was better, but knowing all of the details, that 3rd & 15 was sick.

Speaking of 3rd & 15:

[Image: 84007168_10216783173995420_4203063895037...e=5ED07A05]

Insane.

(02-08-2020, 07:35 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  Speaking of 3rd & 15:

[Image: 84007168_10216783173995420_4203063895037...e=5ED07A05]

Insane.

That is the wildest stat I’ve ever seen.  I heard this on the radio the other day, but couldn’t find it in print.  Thanks for posting it.

[Image: 84351587_630421684427819_603864121120653...e=5ECE007B]

Did it seem to anyone else that it sounded like each team had their own stadium announcer? I swear I heard the PA guy encouraging defense or whatever from both teams. The horn sounds for third down and all that. Or was I just in a wine daze

Paul Rudd describing watching this game is really funny.

Okay. Its now been a week. Ive watched the game probably 7 times. The Mic'd up even more. Parade is done. Its like this town has a surreal feel to it. It like being in a fog . A pleasant fog. Did this really happen? Am I going to wake up? While the Euphoria feelings are still there, Content is the way I feel. One of those, "Im so happy I could just shit" moments. I feel physically and mentally drained. I feel I need to slip into an Odin sleep to recover. We have gotten everything we wanted. There is only only thing left to attain.

Seconds any one?

[Image: HG.gif]

(02-10-2020, 01:03 PM)HG Wrote:  Okay.  Its now been a week.  Ive watched the game probably 7 times.  The Mic'd up even more.  Parade is done.  Its like this town has a surreal feel to it.  It like being in a fog .  A pleasant fog.  Did this really happen?  Am I going to wake up?  While the Euphoria feelings are still there, Content is the way I feel. One of those, "Im so happy I could just shit" moments.  I feel physically and mentally drained.  I feel I need to slip into an Odin sleep to recover.  We have gotten everything we wanted.  There is only only thing left to attain. 

Seconds any one?

Ive probably watched the entire game 4 times and just the 4th quarter 7 more times.  It’s great to rewatch, but I hate listening to those asshats Buck and Aikman again.  We get it Troy, Mahomes was having a shitty game, no need to keep harping on it.  He had no time to throw, which is a compliment to San Fran.  At least on Super Bowl night I couldn’t hear them very good.  I have watched every mic’d up I could and I have bought every Chiefs SB 54 memorabilia I can get my hands on.  Several stuff still in the mail.