Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs vs. Texans - AFC Divisional Round

On the pre-game Bill Cowher was in a "stars are aligned" mood as he went through the details--Pats lost week 17, Ravens lost Saturday night. 50 years since last Super Bowl. Pretty cool. The guy was really all about respect for Reid

Y'all should have been there. Intensity was wild

[Image: HG.gif]

(01-13-2020, 04:09 PM)HG Wrote:  Y'all should have been there.  Intensity was wild

What was the feeling in the stadium after going down 24-0? Doom and gloom or still hopeful?

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

(01-13-2020, 04:21 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  
(01-13-2020, 04:09 PM)HG Wrote:  Y'all should have been there.  Intensity was wild

What was the feeling in the stadium after going down 24-0? Doom and gloom or still hopeful?

Curious about that as well.  I can tell you as a fan watching in a mostly empty bar with a couple of dudes rooting for the Texans and a neighbor I sorta know giving me shit as the Chiefs spiraled, I was in a bad place.  I went to "same old Chiefs" surprisingly quickly, but it didn't look like the stadium did.  Still sounded loud on TV even at 24-0.

(01-13-2020, 04:51 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

Curious about that as well.  I can tell you as a fan watching in a mostly empty bar with a couple of dudes rooting for the Texans and a neighbor I sorta know giving me shit as the Chiefs spiraled, I was in a bad place.  I went to "same old Chiefs" surprisingly quickly, but it didn't look like the stadium did.  Still sounded loud on TV even at 24-0.

That was my initial reaction as well but there was a part that told me to pump the brakes and let's see what mahomes does before going into full doom and gloom.

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

(01-13-2020, 05:11 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  
(01-13-2020, 04:51 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

That was my initial reaction as well but there was a part that told me to pump the brakes and let's see what mahomes does before going into full doom and gloom.

I took a shot at 14-0, and again at 24-0, so "rational thought" was starting to give way to "fuck everything" pretty quickly.

I can imagine.

Next week is gonna be crazy.

The despair was there at 14-0, but in a clawing at your mind eldritch horror kind of way. You know it's there but your best hope is to ignore it.

Everyone in the stadium was explicitly aware of the Chiefs playoff history, but most weren't openly showing full disgust, just yelling obvious stuff like "catch the fucking ball", shit I'm sure players find as helpful reminders.

By the time you're talking 21-0 or 24-0, even the forcefully positive fans aren't putting on a face. We're still yelling on defense, and fairly loud relatively, but the wind was out of our sails. It was a strange, pensive feeling. It's like the whole stadium was ready to get hurt again, but not ready to give up without seeing something positive. Surrendering a FG almost felt like a win.

Like I said in the AFC CG thread, after that it was an avalanche of positive emotions.