Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs vs. Raiders - End the Division Race?

Every time the Raiders have enjoyed mild to moderate success over the past 2 decades the amount of time it takes them to go from a lowly dejected fanbase to "we're going to avenge the tuck rule game" is about a 2 game win-streak. It's no surprise that the fans at least felt all they had to do to beat the then 3-7 Jets was show up.

Reality is the Raiders just aren't that damn good, yet alone as good as they hope. They barely beat a handful of middling NFL teams, every win was by a single score. When they've lost they've gotten crushed, only one loss was by less than 18.

The Raiders have a winning record and still have a massive -56 point differential. Chiefs have +52. The Chiefs have been incredibly unlucky to be 7-4 and the Raiders have been blessed to be 6-5.

And yet in their syphilitic minds the Raiders probably thought they had things lined up exactly where they wanted them. I literally saw their fans lament they "controlled their own destiny" and fucked it up... it was barely over halfway through the season!

Turns out losing 34-3 to a team with a losing record does a lot to bring reality crashing back down. Suddenly they're remembering that Carr still sucks. Also, and I don't know why people didn't talk about this more, their defense is still trash.

The Chiefs Achilles heel is supposed to be their defense, but Oakland is worse or far worse in most categories including yards per play (5.9 vs. 5.6), opposing 3rd down conversion rate (47% vs. 37%), opposing QB rating (102.8 vs. 87.2), sacks, big plays given up, and just about every other efficiency metric besides yards per run. And if anything the Chiefs defense is trending upward.

I don't think I need to justify the Chiefs offense being better either. It's science.

But the most important thing is just plain winning this division home game. Chiefs win this their closest rival is 2 games back with 4 games to go and a tiebreaker over them. That's essentially a lock.

So Chiefs, please, go out there and make your marketing team send me an invoice for playoff game tickets already.

We are going to crush them.

I am looking forward to the Chiefs destroying the Raiders. I am so tired of hearing about how good they are when they are not. I'm tired of the talking heads saying that the Raiders are going to win the Division.

The Chiefs control their own destiny. I hope the bye week has helped them heal up and we can get on a roll!

[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!

(11-25-2019, 01:12 PM)mabbott Wrote:  I am looking forward to the Chiefs destroying the Raiders. I am so tired of hearing about how good they are when they are not. I'm tired of the talking heads saying that the Raiders are going to win the Division.

The Chiefs control their own destiny. I hope the bye week has helped them heal up and we can get on a roll!

The media had to talk up the Raiders because they have to cover for their Chargers love. Raiders beat the Chargers? Has to be the new hotness!

I kind of don't blame them. For years now the Chiefs have been a boring, steady division destroyer. Doesn't make great television to acknowledge Andy Reid & Co. has this division by the shorthairs, especially post bye week.

(11-25-2019, 08:04 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(11-25-2019, 01:12 PM)mabbott Wrote:  I am looking forward to the Chiefs destroying the Raiders. I am so tired of hearing about how good they are when they are not. I'm tired of the talking heads saying that the Raiders are going to win the Division.

The media had to talk up the Raiders because they have to cover for their Chargers love. Raiders beat the Chargers? Has to be the new hotness!

I kind of don't blame them. For years now the Chiefs have been a boring, steady division destroyer. Doesn't make great television to acknowledge Andy Reid & Co. has this division by the shorthairs, especially post bye week.

Also doesn't make us sexier that we just fucking started capitalizing on winning the fucking division last year after years of squandering it with remarkable consistency.

(11-25-2019, 09:04 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

Also doesn't make us sexier that we just fucking started capitalizing on winning the fucking division last year after years of squandering it with remarkable consistency.

Yep. Midwest team too. No wonder they hate us.

(11-25-2019, 09:31 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  

Only media show I really follow is good morning football and they generally show us some love. 

Peter Schrager (sp?) has been a huge Mahomes fan since before he was the starter.

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

(11-25-2019, 11:19 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  

Only media show I really follow is good morning football and they generally show us some love. 

Peter Schrager (sp?) has been a huge Mahomes fan since before he was the starter.

Getting to see Kay Adams is worth watching the show by herself.

[Image: Kay-Adams-Height-Weight-Age-Affairs-Sala...C699&ssl=1]

Schrager was on the Mahomes bandwagon his rookie season even, before there was anything but preseason evidence. I think he's the smartest of the bunch with the best takes, but I may be biased.

I seldom get to watch, but I like it.

(11-26-2019, 10:09 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(11-25-2019, 08:04 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  The media had to talk up the Raiders because they have to cover for their Chargers love. Raiders beat the Chargers? Has to be the new hotness!

Schrager was on the Mahomes bandwagon his rookie season even, before there was anything but preseason evidence. I think he's the smartest of the bunch with the best takes, but I may be biased.

I just like their chemistry and how they just talk football. I hate the skips/ Steven a type shows where they are yelling and being general dicks with hot takes.

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

(11-26-2019, 12:28 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  
(11-26-2019, 10:09 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(11-25-2019, 09:04 PM)NOLA Wrote:  Also doesn't make us sexier that we just fucking started capitalizing on winning the fucking division last year after years of squandering it with remarkable consistency.

I just like their chemistry and how they just talk football. I hate the skips/ Steven a type shows where they are yelling and being general dicks with hot takes.

Even the people that do watch those shows are mostly hate watching them, yelling at the TV during commercials.

GMFB does feel a lot more genuine.