Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs "@" Chargers - Going down to Mexico

This pretty well marks the anniversary of the concerted effort by the NFL to screw the Chiefs by moving a planned game against the Rams from Mexico City to LA because they didn't believe a surface could be re-sodded in time, despite the fact that is routine.

If you believe in NFL conspiracy theories, which I believe in some yet far from all, it'd be pretty easy to see what you want to believe across a wide gamut of circumstances in that game.

Now, this is the NFL's "make good" for that shitshow. Instead of facing the Rams it's now a division rival that couldn't hope to sell out a youth soccer complex without the aid of opposing fans.

Playing the Chargers on a neutral site is probably a benefit to them compared to their home turf. You'll have random people that just want to see American football first hand, fans of uninvolved teams, and maybe even the interest of some Chargers fans that just want an excuse to travel.

Despite the fast start the AFC West is starting to right itself and catch up to the Chiefs. If the Chargers win they'll be just a game back and the Raiders are only a half game back. As such, this game is vitally important for the Chiefs to continue their recent dominance of the division.

Despite that the Raiders just recently beat the Chargers, I think the Chargers are a more legit team. Not just because of perceived talent, but because the Chargers are +13 in point differential while the Raiders are -32 despite having a winning record.

After this week will be a much needed bye week, maybe we can look forward to some players getting healed up with a week off.

(11-14-2019, 01:22 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  This pretty well marks the anniversary of the concerted effort by the NFL to screw the Chiefs by moving a planned game against the Rams from Mexico City to LA because they didn't believe a surface could be re-sodded in time, despite the fact that is routine.

If you believe in NFL conspiracy theories, which I believe in some yet far from all, it'd be pretty easy to see what you want to believe across a wide gamut of circumstances in that game.

Now, this is the NFL's "make good" for that shitshow. Instead of facing the Rams it's now a division rival that couldn't hope to sell out a youth soccer complex without the aid of opposing fans.

Playing the Chargers on a neutral site is probably a benefit to them compared to their home turf. You'll have random people that just want to see American football first hand, fans of uninvolved teams, and maybe even the interest of some Chargers fans that just want an excuse to travel.

Despite the fast start the AFC West is starting to right itself and catch up to the Chiefs. If the Chargers win they'll be just a game back and the Raiders are only a half game back. As such, this game is vitally important for the Chiefs to continue their recent dominance of the division.

Despite that the Raiders just recently beat the Chargers, I think the Chargers are a more legit team. Not just because of perceived talent, but because the Chargers are +13 in point differential while the Raiders are -32 despite having a winning record.

After this week will be a much needed bye week, maybe we can look forward to some players getting healed up with a week off.

[Image: 200.gif]

(11-14-2019, 01:22 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  This pretty well marks the anniversary of the concerted effort by the NFL to screw the Chiefs by moving a planned game against the Rams from Mexico City to LA because they didn't believe a surface could be re-sodded in time, despite the fact that is routine.

I would be at this game if it were in LA... that soccer stadium is an awesome place to see a game and last time we played there it was over half filled with Chiefs fans!

[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!

(11-15-2019, 12:01 PM)mabbott Wrote:  I would be at this game if it were in LA... that soccer stadium is an awesome place to see a game and last time we played there it was over half filled with Chiefs fans!

Yeah, I'm sure it's a nice place, very intimate. Less stabby and sewagey than Oakland.

I think the percentage of the crowd at el Stadia de Azteca (going off of memory, may be off) that's Chiefs fans will be smaller than it would have been at a true home game for the Chargers. The NFL is doing them a favor not having them host it.

I really think we are going to roll them tonight. And I actually think they are a pretty good team. Im guessing we come out like we did in the Steelers game at the beginning of last year. And then hold on a little better than we did that game.

I need the chiefs to go off. I am 40 points behind in my standard scoring league but I have hill, hardman and the KC D playing

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

I think I have a legit shot at winning but everyone in my league thinks it's over.

(11-18-2019, 04:33 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  I think I have a legit shot at winning but everyone in my league thinks it's over.

You have a legit shot.

(11-18-2019, 04:29 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  I need the chiefs to go off. I am 40 points behind in my standard scoring league but I have hill, hardman and the KC D playing

I just wouldn't count on much from hardman or the defense. Even if rivers gifts an int like he's known to do we'd probably drop it. But hill is definitely capable of 30 so 10 from hardman and the d...

(11-18-2019, 06:09 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(11-18-2019, 04:29 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  I need the chiefs to go off. I am 40 points behind in my standard scoring league but I have hill, hardman and the KC D playing

I just wouldn't count on much from hardman or the defense. Even if rivers gifts an int like he's known to do we'd probably drop it. But hill is definitely capable of 30 so 10 from hardman and the d...

If hardman had one of his 40 yrd tds I'll be in good shape. I'll be in great shape if he returns a punt ( highly unlikely but a man can dream.)