Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chargers Chargers to London?

https://sports.yahoo.com/chargers-nfl-lo...56914.html

Sounds like they've replaced Jacksonville as the frontrunner to end up in London.

(11-05-2019, 11:53 AM)DallasChief Wrote:  https://sports.yahoo.com/chargers-nfl-lo...56914.html

Sounds like they've replaced Jacksonville as the frontrunner to end up in London.

That is going to be one helluva a commute for Rivers.

But haven't they had JAX playing every year in London to build a fanbase for them to move there? That's how it seems, anyway.

If they move the Chargers they should go back to San Diego or to San Antonio or maybe Portland or even Salt Lake City (I'd say San Antonio because they could easily support an NFL team with Austin right next door to them).

(11-05-2019, 01:40 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:  But haven't they had JAX playing every year in London to build a fanbase for them to move there? That's how it seems, anyway.

If they move the Chargers they should go back to San Diego or to San Antonio or maybe Portland or even Salt Lake City (I'd say San Antonio because they could easily support an NFL team with Austin right next door to them).

The Cowboys and Texans would be dead set against adding another Texas team, I'm sure, though that would be the most lucrative market. Salt Lake City seems unlikely with the Raiders in Vegas.

I think Portland is the most likely in the US, but I'd put money on an NFL team in London within 10 years.

(11-05-2019, 01:40 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:  But haven't they had JAX playing every year in London to build a fanbase for them to move there? That's how it seems, anyway.

San Antonio made a play for the Saints after Katrina (there was even a game there, I think), so they're interested in a team.  Haven't been to Portland or Salt Lake in years, but I remember Portland being a lot of Seahawks fans in the late 90s.

I think San Antonio and OKC would be the best open markets for a team. I think Jerry Jones would fight both of those locations by tooth and nail. The next best metro area without an NFL team would be Detroit.

(11-05-2019, 04:23 PM)DallasChief Wrote:  I think San Antonio and OKC would be the best open markets for a team. I think Jerry Jones would fight both of those locations by tooth and nail.  The next best metro area without an NFL team would be Detroit.

Hey-ooooo!

(11-05-2019, 03:17 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

San Antonio made a play for the Saints after Katrina (there was even a game there, I think), so they're interested in a team.  Haven't been to Portland or Salt Lake in years, but I remember Portland being a lot of Seahawks fans in the late 90s.

I thought they played almost a whole season in San Antonio after Katrina due to all the superdome problems.

(11-08-2019, 12:36 AM)The_Jonas Wrote:  

I thought they played almost a whole season in San Antonio after Katrina due to all the superdome problems.

1 "home" game in New York, 3 "home" games in San Antonio, 4 "home" games at LSU in Baton Rouge.

(11-08-2019, 09:18 AM)NOLA Wrote:  
(11-08-2019, 12:36 AM)The_Jonas Wrote:  

1 "home" game in New York, 3 "home" games in San Antonio, 4 "home" games at LSU in Baton Rouge.

Oh, I do remember them playing at LSU now that you mention it.