Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs @ Titans - Return of the King

The Chiefs just beat an NFC playoff contender without Mahomes or Fisher or Clark or Fuller. I'm riding pretty high right now and that's before even considering the likelihood that we'll get Mahomes back this week.

This was immense in the big picture. It shows that while the Chiefs are clearly more dynamic and powerful of an offense and team with Mahomes, they aren't just a one man show. This is a playoff contender even with a replacement level player at QB. Also every team in the AFC West won, so this was vital to keep ahead of the division.

Meanwhile there's the Titans. A middling team that feels like they could randomly play up to the competition or look hilariously inept. People probably naturally assume they are a run-heavy team because that's their identity, but they actually kind of suck. They are averaging under 4 yards a carry as a team.

The real key is that the Titans have been better since they gave up on Mariota in favor of Tannehill. Tannehill has a far better completion percentage (71.8 vs. 59.1). He's been more efficient and modestly better as a result. I don't fear it though. Cousins was actually the second highest rated passer in the league going into Sunday's game.

When it comes down to it though, the Titans a sad sack of undisciplined assholes. They have committed the second most penalty yardage in the whole league, behind only the Raiders (Raiders have played 1 less game, though).

The Vikings aren't an NFC contender. I knew that heading into this past weekend.

(11-04-2019, 02:15 PM)NOLA Wrote:  The Vikings aren't an NFC contender.  I knew that heading into this past weekend.

I meant playoff contender, not SB contender. Will edit to reflect this.

You mean the team who has the best running back in the league at the moment? And we stpped him? Still not bad

[Image: HG.gif]

(11-04-2019, 02:52 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(11-04-2019, 02:15 PM)NOLA Wrote:  The Vikings aren't an NFC contender.  I knew that heading into this past weekend.

I meant playoff contender, not SB contender. Will edit to reflect this.

That makes more sense.  I think they're probably going to be on the outside looking in, but if they get Thielen back, they've got as scary a set of receivers as anyone if Cousins keeps his play-action game strong like he has been.

We have bad luck with the Titans.

We *should* clean their clocks.

I want Tyreek to beat the drums in their pep band. Or Mike Vrabel's wife.

(11-05-2019, 04:26 PM)DallasChief Wrote:  I want Tyreek to beat the drums in their pep band.  Or Mike Vrabel's wife.

My mind first read this as "I want tyreek to beat Mike Vrabel's wife" 

I mean. It's not completely out of the realm of possibilities.

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

(11-05-2019, 09:15 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  
(11-05-2019, 04:26 PM)DallasChief Wrote:  I want Tyreek to beat the drums in their pep band.  Or Mike Vrabel's wife.

My mind first read this as "I want tyreek to beat Mike Vrabel's wife" 

I mean. It's not completely out of the realm of possibilities.

That's not what DC meant?

I'm kidding, guys. I would not want anyone to lay a finger on Jen Vrabel.