Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs vs. Vikings - End of an Era?

I thought maybe I lost my job since the Chiefs lost, but I guess people are happy enough with the performance of the team against an NFC contender without several starters including obviously our MVP QB, but also several Pro Bowl caliber players that I get to continue my dream job here.

Problem with that moral victory? We now get to face a different NFC contender while missing several Pro Bowl caliber players and our MVP QB... presumably. Besides, moral victories are for losers.

But we might see the final game of the Matt Moore era this Sunday. Even if he's healthy and Mahomes isn't after this week they may opt to start Chad Henne over Moore. In years past Moore's performance, which was okay-ish, would have had fans screaming into talk radio to beg for him to start and he absolutely would have over some of the garbage we called QBs. Now we have a guy who is truly the unquestioned leader of our team, and it feels so good.

I've already said this about this game, but we can afford to lose it. It's an NFC opponent, the rest of the AFC WEST is playing down with the possible exception of the Raiders, whom we already slaughtered on their home turf. I think it's clear they don't believe in themselves either seeing as they shipped away a starting CB in Gareon Conley with a classic bullshit Gruden excuse that it was to play younger players. Conley is 24. Gruden is an idiot.

But most importantly there seemed to be some legitimacy to our defense. Not that they're suddenly amazing, but they're getting to the QB and just generally playing better over the last couple weeks. Cousins isn't going to throw world class off platform throws to beat us like Rodgers. This game is absolutely winnable for us if our defense shows up.

Nice to see everyone is excited for this game.

(11-01-2019, 12:48 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  Nice to see everyone is excited for this game.

I think the Chiefs will win.  Andy is a good coach (unless there's 4 minutes or less left to play), and the talent we still have on offense is still obscene.  Matt Moore is not terrible.  Also, this game is gonna be broadcast here so I get to watch it.

I am unironically excited for this game.

(11-01-2019, 01:34 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(11-01-2019, 12:48 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  Nice to see everyone is excited for this game.

I think the Chiefs will win.  Andy is a good coach (unless there's 4 minutes or less left to play), and the talent we still have on offense is still obscene.  Matt Moore is not terrible.  Also, this game is gonna be broadcast here so I get to watch it.

I am excited also. I think we are going to win this one.

I too feel like this is a very winnable game. The only reason I'm worried is the Vikings are very healthy, only Adam Thielen is questionable, and the Chiefs are not.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/11/1...estionable

BTW, Mahomes is listed as questionable still, as is Chris Jones, Frank Clark, and Kendall Fuller. If these guys all play and are effective, look out.

(11-01-2019, 01:34 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

One thing that inspires me a bit is that when Andy bombs with his 4/2 minute drill management, Mahomes is usually pissed off or overcomes it.

Total opposite of McNabb, who was even more clueless than Andy was.  That guy didn't know you could tie in an NFL game AFTER HE HAD ALREADY TIED IN AN NFL GAME!

I think this game is winnable but we'd have to play the same as we did against the packers. And the Vikings shouldn't be discounted. They are playing very well. Cook could destroy us opening up the play action pass that cousins is excelling at right now. So I'm projecting another loss which would really put us behind in playoff standings for a potential bye.

(11-01-2019, 09:09 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  I think this game is winnable but we'd have to play the same as we did against the packers. And the Vikings shouldn't be discounted. They are playing very well. Cook could destroy us opening up the play action pass that cousins is excelling at right now. So I'm projecting another loss which would really put us behind in playoff standings for a potential bye.
True, but the Vikings to have 3 EASY wins on their past schedule (washington, NYG, and Atlanta).  

There are some REALLY bad teams in the NFL this year, and damn KC doesn't even get ONE game against them.  

Can I get a game against the Bengals?  The Phins?  The Jets?  The Giants?  The redskins?  The bucs?  The Falcons?

Gawd there are some awful teams this year.

I think we play Miami this year right?

I could Google that. But... Ugh effort

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

I was wrong. We do not.

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates