Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs vs. Texans - Back on Track

I still expect the defense to get slightly better as the season goes on just because it's a new install with a lot of new faces, but it has become clear it's still problem 1A through 99Z.

Also, I'm far from the person that blames officiating first, but I feel like we got jobbed hardcore.

We did get jobbed by the refs... Our O-line needs to stop killing drives! How long can the injury bug last... I keep hoping for it to end, but it doesn't.

[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!

(10-14-2019, 08:53 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  I still expect the defense to get slightly better as the season goes on just because it's a new install with a lot of new faces, but it has become clear it's still problem 1A through 99Z.

Also, I'm far from the person that blames officiating first, but I feel like we got jobbed hardcore.
When almost all penalties against one team are procedural while the other team is given purely JUDGMENT penalties... it's raises questions.

I mean the refs let defenders hold/tackle Kelce all day, but called holding on KC on at least 3 occasions where there was no holding.  All of them on 3rd down.  The call on the INT was horse-shit.  

KC got jobbed, but so what?  I saw more than one game last year where KC won by two scores and had most of the calls go against them.  KC still had their chances to win.

(10-14-2019, 07:45 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  
(10-14-2019, 08:53 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  I still expect the defense to get slightly better as the season goes on just because it's a new install with a lot of new faces, but it has become clear it's still problem 1A through 99Z.

When almost all penalties against one team are procedural while the other team is given purely JUDGMENT penalties... it's raises questions.

I mean the refs let defenders hold/tackle Kelce all day, but called holding on KC on at least 3 occasions where there was no holding.  All of them on 3rd down.  The call on the INT was horse-shit.  

KC got jobbed, but so what?  I saw more than one game last year where KC won by two scores and had most of the calls go against them.  KC still had their chances to win.

That's part of why I don't normally complain about the refs. They're, like it or not, part of the game.

The other main reason is I recognize I'm a biased observer. Not just that my opinions lean one way, but that I don't always notice when the other team gets jobbed.

Complaining about the refs is an excuse and seldom as justified as people feel, though there are of course exceptions *cough* NFC title game *cough*. But a penalty or three in the middle of the game shouldn't determine the outcome.