Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs vs. Texans - Back on Track

(10-08-2019, 04:57 PM)DallasChief Wrote:  Is Jeff Allen a Chief again yet?
No but we signed Wisniewski or some shit.

Meh

(10-08-2019, 07:14 PM)DallasChief Wrote:  Meh
That sums up how I feel too.  The offensive line and our lack of pressure on the QB are a tie for biggest disappointment for me.  I thought we were going to be better on defense than we are.  They are running for days on our defense.

[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!

(10-09-2019, 10:12 AM)mabbott Wrote:  
(10-08-2019, 07:14 PM)DallasChief Wrote:  Meh
That sums up how I feel too.  The offensive line and our lack of pressure on the QB are a tie for biggest disappointment for me.  I thought we were going to be better on defense than we are.  They are running for days on our defense.

Funny thing is KC's pass coverage is vastly improved.  Last year they couldn't stop the run or cover anyone, but they could rush the passer.

This year they can't rush the passer or stop the run, but they're decent in coverage (Mathieu is the ONLY defender who pops out to me this year)

Our run defense has been absolute ASS since DJ faded away retired.  These guys do not get downhill.  They just wait for the play to come to them.  Reminds me of Greg Robinson's run defense.

Maybe I missed something but what ever happened to speaks? Is he injured or just not playing?

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

(10-09-2019, 12:15 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  Maybe I missed something but what ever happened to speaks? Is he injured or just not playing?
IR.

Not that it matters.  He and Kpass both look like busts to me.

KC has drafted two good defenders in 6 years since Reid arrived.  They already traded one of them because he suffered from crazy bitch syndrome.  They either need better scouting or better coaching on that side of the ball.  The guys we're picking aren't developing.

Frank Clark has been a huge FA bust so far, but I don't have anything bad to say about Mathieu. 

Statistically the D is improved from last year so far, but it doesn't seem that way to my eye-test.

I think Thornhill has looked good so far. Some rookie mistakes, but he could be a solid player in time.

First injury report:

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/...ns-week-6/

Tyreek was limited as was Hitchens.
Wylie, Watkins, DoD, Chris Jones, and Eric Fisher didn't practice.
Everyone else including Erving, Shady, and Okafor was a full participant.

I don't blame people for downplaying Wiseniewski as a signing, but I wouldn't be that surprised if he's an upgrade at LG and/or C if everyone was healthy. Getting Tyreek back would be huge, especially if Sammy can't go. Our defensive depth is my biggest concern at the moment.

(10-09-2019, 09:00 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  First injury report:

I don't blame people for downplaying Wiseniewski as a signing, but I wouldn't be that surprised if he's an upgrade at LG and/or C if everyone was healthy. Getting Tyreek back would be huge, especially if Sammy can't go. Our defensive depth is my biggest concern at the moment.

It sounds like Sammy can't go.  Hammy injuries linger, and Sammy doesn't recover quickly.  Also, pretty sure he had one last year that took him out for awhile.

(10-09-2019, 09:00 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  First injury report:

KC has had terrible players at left guard for entirely too long now.  It always showed up more when Morse was down but with a new (and much worse) center and Cam Erving flanking that left side it's a goddamn TRAIN WRECK.  Then I saw our back up left guard and said "Mein Gott"

I'd be surprised if he can't help.