Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

SNF - Colts at Chiefs

(10-07-2019, 08:41 AM)DallasChief Wrote:  I will not be starting anymore game threads ever again.

Liar.

I'm a simple man.  At one point KC had like 27 passes and 4 runs. 

I get that McCoy fumbled and I get that williams has been ineffective all season... but yanno.  Run the ball a few time to keep the D off-balance. 

Understand that after your whole left side of the OL is injured, both starting WR's and out,  a hobbled QB who can't move around, and a starting TE who's just having BAD game... they might need some help from the playcalling. 

Mahomes is great, but this is the NFL.  Not Texas Tech.  Run the ball.  It was a one-score game the ENTIRE time.

The playcalling was bad but the blocking was worse. Im not sure anything called would have worked. The o line looked terrible.

(10-07-2019, 08:10 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  I'm a simple man.  At one point KC had like 27 passes and 4 runs. 

I get that McCoy fumbled and I get that williams has been ineffective all season... but yanno.  Run the ball a few time to keep the D off-balance. 

Understand that after your whole left side of the OL is injured, both starting WR's and out,  a hobbled QB who can't move around, and a starting TE who's just having BAD game... they might need some help from the playcalling. 

Mahomes is great, but this is the NFL.  Not Texas Tech.  Run the ball.  It was a one-score game the ENTIRE time.

I have no reason to believe it's Darwin Thompson time (even though I really want Darwin Thompson time), but I feel pretty fucking confident it was half past Darrel Williams time the entire second half of the game.

(10-08-2019, 08:37 AM)NOLA Wrote:  
(10-07-2019, 08:10 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  I'm a simple man.  At one point KC had like 27 passes and 4 runs. 

I have no reason to believe it's Darwin Thompson time (even though I really want Darwin Thompson time), but I feel pretty fucking confident it was half past Darrel Williams time the entire second half of the game.

Well, Darrel Williams didn't carry the ball or catch a  pass.  Damien Willaims is the guy averaging 1.8 yards per carry this year, and he had 9 carries and Sherman had 1.  Those are all of the HB runs.  10 rushes.  In a 1 score game in which your QB is being pummeled on every drop back.

McCoy didn't see the field after the fumble.

Andy lost this game and almost got Mahomes killed while doing it.  He went 'full Andy'.  He does this a few times each season.  

I'm not that worried about a single loss in week 5 and I'm sure the colts had a little extra fire from the playoff loss, but I AM worried about the whole 'calling a game that gets Mahomes hit 25 times'.  It wasn't something Andy HAD to do. KC wasn't pressured to pass due to the opposition scoring a lot.  He just thought he could exploit the pass D and then refused to correct course when the plan went south.

(10-09-2019, 12:06 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  

Well, Darrel Williams didn't carry the ball or catch a  pass.  Damien Willaims is the guy averaging 1.8 yards per carry this year, and he had 9 carries and Sherman had 1.  Those are all of the HB runs.  10 rushes.  In a 1 score game in which your QB is being pummeled on every drop back.

Andy lost this game and almost got Mahomes killed while doing it.  He went 'full Andy'.  He does this a few times each season.  

I'm not that worried about a single loss in week 5, but I AM worried about the whole 'calling a game that gets Mahomes hit 25 times'.

Yup there is always at least one game where Andy mind fucks the game plan. Tries to play 3d chess when the game is checkers.

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

I'm not that worried about a single loss in week 5 and I'm sure the colts had a little extra fire from the playoff loss, but I AM worried about the whole 'calling a game that gets Mahomes hit 25 times'.  It wasn't something Andy HAD to do. KC wasn't pressured to pass due to the opposition scoring a lot.  He just thought he could exploit the pass D and then refused to correct course when the plan went south.

I know Darrel Williams didn't get a carry. He was active and on the field, though (it's why Thompson wasn't).  He should have.  He's been better in limited action than McCoy (still has great vision, old) or Damien Williams (who is straight trash who can go fuck himself).

(10-09-2019, 01:29 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

I know Darrel Williams didn't get a carry. He was active and on the field, though (it's why Thompson wasn't).  He should have.  He's been better in limited action than McCoy (still has great vision, old) or Damien Williams (who is straight trash who can go fuck himself).

Damien didn't go from smooth transition from hunt to straight trash in one season. There has been worse blocking coupled with the tyreek factor missing.

Here's one good thing to come from this game, I had probably the only good video I've ever had of an awesome play. This is because I normally don't take but maybe a couple pictures at any game.

And yes, a couple of idiots near me were yelling most of the time the offense was on the field, ESPECIALLY in key moments. I tried to shush them, but clearly they weren't used to going to games and didn't understand.

(10-09-2019, 08:50 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  Here's one good thing to come from this game, I had probably the only good video I've ever had of an awesome play. This is because I normally don't take but maybe a couple pictures at any game.

And yes, a couple of idiots near me were yelling most of the time the offense was on the field, ESPECIALLY in key moments. I tried to shush them, but clearly they weren't used to going to games and didn't understand.

Holy shit, are these your regular seats?  That's incredible.