Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs @ Lions - Battle of Unbeatens

This game was hard to watch. The Lions defense came to win. This game makes me miss Kareem Hunt... on that note Chubb went off yesterday! WOW

[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!

(09-29-2019, 03:46 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  Your dad nailed it good game. But nothing to be proud of.

I dunno, man.  That's how I felt in the moment, but I think I do agree with the cliche they busted out during the telecast: a good team needs to get a tough win like this to prove they can do it.  I'm happy how it worked out, even if it was tough to watch.

This defense tho...

Is it the personnel or the DCord.. last couple years it was Bob Sutton, this year Spags, but this defense is still a turnstile.

(09-30-2019, 03:30 PM)chiefsfaninky Wrote:  This defense tho...

Is it the personnel or the DCord.. last couple years it was Bob Sutton, this year Spags, but this defense is still a turnstile.

From Bill Barnwell today, and this is what I've been saying from fucking Jump Street about Spags:

Quote:I'm still concerned about the Kansas City defense holding up week after week throughout a postseason run. While Chiefs fans were basically excited to have anybody besides Sutton as defensive coordinator, Spagnuolo's defenses ranked 26th or worse in points allowed in four of his previous five seasons as head coach or defensive coordinator before joining the Chiefs. Chris Jones, who had a career season with 14.5 sacks and 29 knockdowns last year, has two sacks and five knockdowns through four games. Clark has one sack and one knockdown.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2773...best-teams

(09-30-2019, 03:30 PM)chiefsfaninky Wrote:  This defense tho...

Sub par LB's, sub par CB's, and a rookie FS who has struggled a bit.  Fuller has been terrible this  year.  I'm not really seeing how Frank Clark is a big upgrade over Justin Houston either yet.  He doesn't really jump out when you watch the defense.  

I said all off-season that it would take a genius DC to get this personnel out of the bottom 10.  Also that I don't think Spags is a particularly good DC.  

It's about what I expected.  Hopefully Mo Claiborne and time to gel can help a bit.