Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs @ Lions - Battle of Unbeatens

(09-26-2019, 09:16 AM)The_Jonas Wrote:  Matt Stafford was supposed to be everything Patrick Mahomes actually is.

Stafford would be SO good if he landed with a good coach and organization.

Matt Stafford with Andy Reid and Russell Wilson with Sean Payton are the two I wonder about the most.

Huh. This is apparently Mahomes' first game indoors in the NFL.

(09-26-2019, 11:10 AM)NOLA Wrote:  
(09-26-2019, 09:16 AM)The_Jonas Wrote:  Matt Stafford was supposed to be everything Patrick Mahomes actually is.

Matt Stafford with Andy Reid and Russell Wilson with Sean Payton are the two I wonder about the most.

Absolutely. At least Russell Wilson has had coaching stability. I thought Stafford's had more than 3 head coaches and 4 different coordinators before I looked it up, but still not ideal.

We saw how much better Alex Smith got once the 49ers got a legitimate coach with Harbaugh and later under Andy Reid. There is no player coaches are more important for than QBs.

Baker Mayfield is screwed. 2 years in, 3 coaches, 3 coordinators, and who really thinks Kitchens will last 2 seasons?

(09-26-2019, 11:57 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  

Absolutely. At least Russell Wilson has had coaching stability. I thought Stafford's had more than 3 head coaches and 4 different coordinators before I looked it up, but still not ideal.

We saw how much better Alex Smith got once the 49ers got a legitimate coach with Harbaugh and later under Andy Reid. There is no player coaches are more important for than QBs.

Baker Mayfield is screwed. 2 years in, 3 coaches, 3 coordinators, and who really thinks Kitchens will last 2 seasons?

I'm not sure Kitchens is gonna last this season.

I bring that up because Stafford is such an underachiever but a statistical juggernaut on a terrible franchise.  Plus he was SO GOOD at throwing the football compared to other young QB's at one time.  That team can't win with ANYONE.  Can't win with Stafford . Can't win with Megatron.  Can't win with Barry fucking Sanders.  

Another guy who had CRAZY talent but never reached his potential (for very different reasons) was Jay Cutler.  Dude can throw the ball 80 fucking yards.  Off platform throws.. but no passion.  No leadership.  No attention to detail.  Just a guy who coasted on pure talent and held onto a starting job.  He was the same player in year 12 as he was in year 1.  No coach could have saved him.  He'll always, to me, be the Jeff George of his era.

You heard some of the ex Browns coaches saying that Kenny Zampese was the guy actually responsible for the passing success of the Browns last year right?  That Kitchens just kind of... absorbed credit for it.  He's not there now, and how bad they are indicates that was true.  

Plus the Browns bought into their own hype.  Look, Kc lost the AFC championship by a fucking coin toss and weren't patting themselves on the back as hard as Cleveland was this off-season.  

Win a fucking playoff game before you start measuring your ring size.

Baker responding to everyone who criticizes him is also getting weird.  I don't see Mahomes throwing a tantrum about Mangini or Skip Bayless as he does about Rex and Colin Cowherd.

(09-26-2019, 12:28 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

I'm not sure Kitchens is gonna last this season.

Dorsey's biggest mistake was not cleaning house when he got there.

Sweet baby Jesus, somebody finally got their shit together!  Fox excited to cash in on those Mahomes ratings!

[Image: 04-FOX.png]

Kansas City @ Detroit
Kevin Burkhardt, Charles Davis

Washington @ NY Giants
Thom Brennaman, Chris Spielman

Carolina @ Houston
Kenny Albert, Ronde Barber

Seattle @ Arizona (LATE)
Dick Stockton, Mark Schlereth

Tampa Bay @ LA Rams (LATE)
Chris Myers, Daryl Johnston

(09-26-2019, 02:44 PM)NOLA Wrote:  Sweet baby Jesus, somebody finally got their shit together!  Fox excited to cash in on those Mahomes ratings!

Kansas City @ Detroit

Washington @ NY Giants

Carolina @ Houston

Seattle @ Arizona (LATE)

Local TV in California listed that the Chiefs game will be on... I better not get stuck watching the Rams.

[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!

(09-27-2019, 11:12 AM)mabbott Wrote:  
(09-26-2019, 02:44 PM)NOLA Wrote:  Sweet baby Jesus, somebody finally got their shit together!  Fox excited to cash in on those Mahomes ratings!

Kansas City @ Detroit

Washington @ NY Giants

Carolina @ Houston

Seattle @ Arizona (LATE)

Local TV in California listed that the Chiefs game will be on... I better not get stuck watching the Rams.

Rams game is a late game, so you're probably okay...?